IGNORED

Project -L

voltron

We figured we may as well produce something instead of being all talk. :-P

Very good news indeed. I suspect Kroz will join Carol, D2K and Space Patrol at the top of the newer release mountain. I'm really looking forward to that one in particular.

Related question that I could not find in this thread yet (my apologies if it already has been asked and I overlooked it): where do I find ROMs to put on the cart?

I saw another thread where somebody asked about that and was directed to buy the Intellivision Lives disc; however, that only works on Windows and I use only Macs (both at home and at my work).

ROM dumps of non-homebrew carts for most other consoles of this era are readily available (such as the ROMs available for every Atari console here on this very site). Any recommendations?

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/emulation

http://intellivision.us/roms/roms.php

http://knox.ac.free.fr/index.php/inty/roms

http://spacepatrol.info/

http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/

Yeah, sucks to be him ;-)

I just wrote a $10,000 US plus cheque today....... :woozy:

I recently wrote checks totalling a bit more than that myself—around $14,000 I think. Ain't a cheap hobby.

Kroz is being especially cranky with strange bugs but we are working on it! The manual made good progress last night....John worked on it until 6am.

It doesn't help that one of the strange bugs looks like it could be yet another Intellivision oddity we've uncovered. If so, it'd be the second one Kroz uncovered. The first one's here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224875-weirdest-intellivision-bug-ive-ever-seen/

I was up until almost 4AM the other night testing various theories, but so far haven't cornered this one yet. SOON.

• Like 2

I recently wrote checks totalling a bit more than that myself—around $14,000 I think. Ain't a cheap hobby.

It doesn't help that one of the strange bugs looks like it could be yet another Intellivision oddity we've uncovered. If so, it'd be the second one Kroz uncovered. The first one's here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224875-weirdest-intellivision-bug-ive-ever-seen/

I was up until almost 4AM the other night testing various theories, but so far haven't cornered this one yet. SOON.

Thats because your nuts about intv :)

And, I finally reproduced it in an isolated test outside of the Kroz source tree. Looks to be a new and exciting Intellivision quirk. Yayyyyy!

kermit_flail.gif

• Like 2

Dang... A couple months ago I replaced the drive on our Wii, but as far as I know that was the only problem. I'm sure I'd have heard the bleating cries of my children and their friends if any data had been lost. :P

I am not so technically proficient as to replace the drive myself. Plus the memory issue is what really led to the lost game saves.

I'm so ready for this since I didn't have the money back then for a CC3.

But you cant delay when they are available to the public, bc rumorhas it that cmart is planning to hoard them.

Edited by voltron

COD :)

Im sure Joe will let us know when it will be ready for sale. The bright side, is boxes should be headed to LTO headquarters this week and the board are being manufactured.

Of course I will. The boards will not be back from the fab for about a month, though. I imagine, if history is any guide, I'll have just enough made to make it to CGE, come back, collapse for a week or so, and then open mail-orders after that.

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2

I've been meaning to ask a few questions semi-related to the LTO Flash! since it provides work-arounds:

• Is there a definitive list of games known to not work with the Intellivision II? I know Math Fun and most (all?) black-cartridge Coleco games don't, but I've only picked up this information one game at a time.
  • Related to above: what games were released with an Intellivision II patch? For example, some Coleco games got re-released in white-cartridges.
  • What games are known to not work with the ECS? I didn't even know about that incompatibility until this thread.

If there is a handy list already available, that would be great (i.e. I don't have to click through 125 links, one per Intellivision game).

I've been meaning to ask a few questions semi-related to the LTO Flash! since it provides work-arounds:

• Is there a definitive list of games known to not work with the Intellivision II? I know Math Fun and most (all?) black-cartridge Coleco games don't, but I've only picked up this information one game at a time.
  • Related to above: what games were released with an Intellivision II patch? For example, some Coleco games got re-released in white-cartridges.
  • What games are known to not work with the ECS? I didn't even know about that incompatibility until this thread.

If there is a handy list already available, that would be great (i.e. I don't have to click through 125 links, one per Intellivision game).

I don't have the complete list off the top of my head. But, some examples of ECS incompatible games/ROMs: PacMan, Defender, Dig Dug, Congo Bongo, MTE-201. These are all incompatible because they map a portion of their ROM at $7xxx.

On the Intellivision II games, I thought we concluded that ROM version wasn't strictly correlated to case color. That is, for games that were patched, some are in black shells, and games that aren't patched, some were in the cream-colored shells. Anyway... LTO Flash! doesn't care what color shell something came in. :-) It identifies the ROM by a checksum signature.

LTO Flash!'s incompatibility workaround feature is driven by a list that's easily updated. If we overlook a game or discover a variant that wasn't in the list, we can easily add it and provide an update. Given all the variants out there, I expect one or two surprises.

Oh, and it turns out there are at least two peripherals the LTO Flash! will not be compatible with. I hope this isn't a deal breaker for anyone. The LTO Flash! is not compatible with the PlayCable or System Changer. Sorry folks. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Edited by intvnut

Oh, and it turns out there are at least two peripherals the LTO Flash! will not be compatible with. I hope this isn't a deal breaker for anyone. The LTO Flash! is not compatible with the PlayCable or System Changer. Sorry folks. ;-) ;-) ;-)

good, so that means it's compatible with the original computer keyboard :) Or wait, you said at least two.

Edited by evg2000