IGNORED

What's the latest games you've played on your Wii U?

Ransom

I recently got back into Super Luigi U. We got it a while ago but were pretty burnt on 2D platformers at the time. My son loves Luigi in that 3 year old way. 'That's me! that's patrick-luigi!!!' I dig the sorta speed through and collect stuff fast aspect of it, at least as far as I am.

Thank you for mentioning this! There's something about game that, as it turns out, my 3-year-old loves as well. We are also playing lot of Kirby (Epic Yarn).

Edited by phaxda

I picked up Super Mario Maker on Friday and played it all weekend.

Here is four of my levels for Super Mario Maker.

A dedicated topic for level codes would be great.

If you are looking for old school level design that requires skill (not luck or grinding) and rewards you for replay check out my levels and give em a star! I can only upload more levels at this point if I get more stars.

Betcha don't find everything on the first play through. :)

A Curious Situation

6537-0000-0027-5B78

Chamber of Secrets

2007-0000-0027-6631

Secrets High & Low

CB29-0000-0034-D79A

Underground

CABE-0000-0035-0F12

My wife actually made Secrets High & Low.

If you like my levels please star them. The more stars we get the more levels we are allowed to upload.

I also took video of some videos of my levels *spoilers*:

Edited by dashv
  • Like 1

I jumped on the Super Mario Maker Bandwagon as well. I picked it up last night. I have not even put down the controller. I knew this was going to be the most addicting game I have played in about a decade. And I sure am right about this. Abput time there is a game that you can customize your own levels and take control as a level designer on a gaming console. Sad that the Wii U has not met expectations as I really enjoy the system in all aspects. They did hit a home run in Super Mario Maker. It is well worth the $60!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I got it launch day and have put a few hours into it. My son adores it and I was really impressed how easily a 3 year old could actually make levels. They are by any sense terrible and non-sensical, but I like anything that supports my kids creating things with some actual mental effort. He does take time to place things and make something he can play through ....sorta...

We've been playing actually a lot of Nintendo Land! I got into the F-Zero and Donkey Kong games now (games I had previously ignored). Good fun. :)

It's funny, I revisited Nintendo Land last week as well, probably a year and a half after I last played it. Still a solid game, for sure! I need to sink more time into it.. Lots of things still left for me to do in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Yoshi's Wooly World in the mail from Amazon today. I picked up the Amiibo bundle since it was available and not expensive. The Amiibo is pretty neat. It's like a little stuffed toy with the chip thing on his bottom. I really like it and my son is in love with the thing. If you use the Amiibo during the game you get a second Yoshi similar to the clone characters in 3D world. It's neat. If you touch another Amiibo, or at least Mario, your Yoshie is turned into a Yoshi of that character's style.

The game is a joy to play. The first three levels aren't at all difficult to get through but the exploration from at least Mario World 2 is back. I love the laid back approach and the visuals are brilliant to me. I'm of a mind that really enjoys the arts and crafts style a lot. I the latest Kirby fell flat to me because it forced me to look at the Gamepad screen which is much more dull than my TV and I found that distasteful but this game doesn't require any touch elements and can be played with any of the zilion pads. I'm excited to give co-op a go later on. There is also an easy mode where Yoshi can fly. It seems good for the little ones so far. I can't imagine wanting to use it other than seeing how it works. This mode also lets you bypass levels. All in all the game isn't at all meant to be a major challenge, just a fun romp, it seems.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Who made Splatoon? ;-)

Just razzing.

Here's an info chart detailing the problem:

nin.PNG

As you can see, in 2015 the WiiU saw only 4(!) retail games in the green. There may be two more until X-Mas with Tennis and Xenoblade, but in the end that's it.

The PS4 saw ten times as many in the green and while I'm far from liking all of them, the key word here is 'choice'.

Here's an info chart detailing the problem:

attachicon.gifnin.PNG

As you can see, in 2015 the WiiU saw only 4(!) retail games in the green. There may be two more until X-Mas with Tennis and Xenoblade, but in the end that's it.

The PS4 saw ten times as many in the green and while I'm far from liking all of them, the key word here is 'choice'.

No need to convince me of that. I'm just being a pain

• Like 2

Bought Amiibo Festival just because we like Animal Crossing and the Amiibo are fun. Went all out and got the bundle and the three-pack with KK Slider in it and Nook and Mabel. The game is kind of dull but we have fun with the toys.

Wooly World just keeps on giving. What a fun game!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Xenoblade Chronicles X today. Just a bit past the prologue and I dig it so far. Wasn't a huge fan of the character model style in the first one and that continues, the game does look good still. Once I noticed that at least many of the grassy bits around the terrain were all rendered 2d and turned with me it was a little distracting but I think I'll get over it. Everything about it just seems so huge that it's pretty enticing. An hour in the voices are less annoying than the first game by far. Other than that it's about as expected and is quite enjoyable.

Also picked up Xenoblade Chronicles X. So far so good. From what I read things don't get real good until you are 40+ hours into the game and get your Skell (giant robot). One HUGE problem however! The f'n music! The music in the Japanese version sounded awesome! Our version is filled with hip hop/rap whatever the kids call it, and can't be muted! On top of that in some cut scenes the music is so loud you can barely hear the dialog! Normally I would just mute the game and put on some Cradle Of Filth or Norwegian Black metal, but this is a game where you need the sound to know whats going on around you. I hope they fix this because it's kinda taking me out of the game and ruining the experience for me.