IGNORED

Indus GT - drive belt replacement?

oracle_jedi

Have you looked at the insides of your Indus to see if it is labeled Tandon? If it is Tandon, then the odds are very high that the Tandon belt will work. Brad may also be able to tell you if you call him. He has always been good at answering questions for me -- just don't play "twenty questions" with a bunch of emails. ;-) B&C may also have them -- they used to.

-Larry

• 8 years later...

Hi All.  Need to bump this thread.  I have an Indus GT drive that the belt is warped and out.  Any suggestions where to get a replacement?  I've tried connecting with Paul Alhart but no response and I have already chatted with Brad at Best and he doesn't sell these.  Brad and I both agree that none of the Atari belts will cross over.  Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Thanks @Jfcatari.  I'll give it a try there.  I originally was going to purchase from them but they were out of stock at the time and I was told these are not the same size as the Tandon ones in the Indus.  I guess since they are back in stock now and it's only $11 in total can't hurt.  Thanks!

(Attached pics are of the belt and Tandon drive in my Indus)

20230917_215856.jpg

20230917_215927.jpg

On 9/17/2023 at 3:50 PM, Jfcatari said:

I sear by the fabric belts. They seem bullet proof and work great in my two Indus GT drives!

Looks to be a fit.  The picture below has the new Tandon belt shown in the inside of the larger belt which was in the Indus.  The difference in size could be due to warping and stretching.  I didn't stretch it to get it out so it truly was in there with that much slack.  Thanks again @Jfcatari.  

@macsonny, now time to look into the fabric for backup!  Thanks.

20230920_183502.jpg

20230920_192641[1].jpg

15 minutes ago, Teleprompter said:

Looks to be a fit.  The picture below has the new Tandon belt shown in the inside of the larger belt which was in the Indus.  The difference in size could be due to warping and stretching.  I didn't stretch it to get it out so it truly was in there with that much slack.  Thanks again @Jfcatari.  

20230920_183502.jpg

20230920_192641[1].jpg

Glad to hear the GT is up and running again!  

The GT was always a work of ART for the Atari 8bit line.

53 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

i dont suppose you measured the new belt before fitment did you?

apologies, i shouldve asked sooner

No but I have 2 other Indus drives and a few 1050s so I'll be ordering a few more from Console5 as backups.  I can provide you with a measurement when I get those if that's what you're looking for?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teleprompter said:

20230920_183502.jpg

20230920_192641[1].jpg

I have 8 Atari floppies now. yes, I have a problem ;-) I really do like the Indus GT drives. They just look fantastic and perform amazingly. After a good clean, a good lube and a replacement belt they'll keep on going.

One thing I did find on both my Indus drives was the LED segments on the front panel fail. If you are handy with a soldering iron they aren't difficult to fix. The most difficult part of the fix fo rme was sourcing the LED segment which I had to purchase from a supplier in France in the end.

The other thing I recommend is upgrading the ROM if you have an EEPROM burner that can give some additional positive results.

Have fun!

• Like 1