IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2014 Championship

DZ-Jay

7,974 new high score, level 85

great job! I too am now after a perfect christmas. Of course i suck at all the levels after that. For me however in practice mode i played the master level and it is easier for me to play at full speed. I got perfects on the master levels almost everytime. It is harder for me to play these slower levels. The game cant keep up my o.c.d. a.d.d. Of course i probably wont obtain a score like yours in a long time even though i play this as much as 8 hours a day. Had a few days i was busy but now i am obsessed with playing it with my ultimate intv flashback. Hopefully you will crack 10,000 soon.
  • Like 2

I think i am obviously too obsessed with this game. Since my extension cables havent come in to use on my ultimate intv flashback i have to sit in a swivel chair of my roommates that is from the 70's and only has 4 legs. I was playing a perfect game and on level ten i leaned back and because of the inbalance of only four legs on a swivel chair i fell over. The chair got stuck on the crap behind me and i had messed up my back. Had to wait for my lazy ass roommate to walk 10 feet to help me as i was stuck in the chair. Since the incident caused my controller to come unplugged i lost all my lives. I got up and even though my back is all jacked up i had to go back to playing. This game is too addicting.

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 4

OK. It's time for me to get off my lazy bum and start updating the leaderboard. BRB...

Phew! Done.

Wow, that was a doozie, almost two whole days of posts, including two sent outside the forum, both of which broke the 1K mark. Congratulations to RetroAl and Zapiy.

Entry name: RetroAl

Score: 1,154

Level: 16

post-27318-0-44899000-1418821892_thumb.gif

Entry name: Zapiy

Score: 1,185

Level: 14

post-27318-0-85130200-1418821881_thumb.jpg

Congratulations are also in order for newly graduated Grand Master Elf Scalpel and for grips03's fantastic achievement of A Perfect Christmas!

I think we need to coordinate an intervention for pimpmaul69. His obsession is taking over his life! He has managed to break the 1K mark and has earned more achievements than any other elf in his rank! And now he's aiming for the Perfect Christmas too! :o

No worries, as long as you all have fun and enjoy the Christmas Season with your family and friends, that's what is most important. :)

Today is 15 December, which means that the championship still has yet another half to go (yup! I'm a "glass-half-full" kind of guy). I will be making some announcements tonight so everybody stay tuned.

Great job everyone. I've updated the official leaderboard and the first post with the latest rankings and stats. Don't forget to check them out--and keep those achievements and scores coming!

Cheers!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 3

First submission for my kid after he warmed up. Playing a real cart on real (Intv II) hardware of course.

Side note - this was an easier sell for my 7-year-old to play because of the detailed graphics, cut scenes, and straightforward game play, compared to some other Intv titles. One question my other kid had was "can you shoot the snowman with anything?", I told him maybe in the sequel Carol will get a bow with blowtorch arrows. :)

Thanks!

post-31694-0-29937800-1418825047_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Great job! You won't be surprise to know that "shooting the snowman" is the most requested feature of players. Even during the beta-testing days, people kept clamouring for an option to kill the snowman. Especially when the "torch" cut-scene was introduced, everyone expected the torch to be available as a weapon.

As a matter of fact, it almost was!

Christmas Carol Fun Fact:

The "Boss Level" was originally intended to have Carol find a twiggy snowman arm and use it to beat the Bad Toy as a bonus, sort of like a Donkey Kong hammer. Then, at the end of the level, the Bad Toy explodes and Carol must light up the stick with the sparks and melt the frozen "ice-cube" Ghost in order to complete the stage. Oh, and if you walked too close to the center during the level, the "ice-cube" Ghost would shake violently and still one of your presents!

Well, that turned out to be much too difficult to implement, not to mention very complicated. The game-play mechanics were significantly different from the existing ones that I didn't think it was practical. So the Bad Toy stayed, the Snowball stayed, the shaking "ice-cube Ghost" stayed (but without the ability to steal presents); and the rest was put in the end-game cut-scene as a little movie. That was hard enough to get right, but in the end it all worked out.

Still, people want a torch to melt the Snowman. :lol:

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

I think we need to coordinate an intervention for pimpmaul69. He's obsession is taking over his life! He has managed to break the 1K mark and has earned more achievements than any other elf in his rank! And now he's aiming for the Perfect Christmas too! :o

No worries, as long as you all have fun and enjoy the Christmas Season with your family and friends, that's what is most important. :)

Cheers!

-dZ.

you call it an intervention, but i call it an interferance. Cause you would be interfering with the time i could be playing. :grin:
  • Like 3

What is the score for me to move up to the Top Elite Master Elves? What is my target!!

and score for the day - 3166

It is not the score. You need to save Christmas one more time, then you'll be ranked as Master.

So, it means you must pass 48 levels, the 49th is the first level in Master mode.

Then, if you can pass all levels in Master mode, we award you with the Grand Master Elf title. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks!

So, are you up to it, Darrin9999? Just know that the price of admission into the Top Elite Master Elves club is right now set by Oscar G. at 4,908 points. If you reach level 49 you'll automatically become a Master Elf, but you'll have to beat Oscar's score in order to enter top 5 and earn a patch.

I know you can do it!!! I say, go for it! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

OK, so the first year I played this (2012) I managed to achieve Ranger status (Level 36 - 3152). Last year (2013), despite my best efforts, I only managed to reach Helper status (Level 32 - 3150). I suspected that I would be doomed to Helper again this year, but tonight I prevailed!

CvG 3547

My personal best score ever.

• Like 3

Hey dz-jay. Submitted at 10:01 my time. If you are counting days this obviously was played more than a minute ago. Day was busy for me. Finally started playing at 8:30. This game has cursed me today. Here is my crappy best score for today. Not done playing though

post-30773-0-48530900-1418879005_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

OK, so the first year I played this (2012) I managed to achieve Ranger status (Level 36 - 3152). Last year (2013), despite my best efforts, I only managed to reach Helper status (Level 32 - 3150). I suspected that I would be doomed to Helper again this year, but tonight I prevailed!

My personal best score ever.

you were the next victim for me to move up in the helper ranking. But alas you left the helper elves and moved me up. Thanks! Welcome back yeliz k.
  • Like 1

Sorry Yeliz :(

Me playing the last couple hours got my son playing now too, he just came up from the basement smiling with news of a great new high score for himself getting him back into the heart of the helper leaderboard :D

post-26050-0-50572500-1418880560_thumb.gif

canonitis - 2459

watch out helper elves!! ;) haha

• Like 1

Sorry Yeliz :(

Me playing the last couple hours got my son playing now too, he just came up from the basement smiling with news of a great new high score for himself getting him back into the heart of the helper leaderboard :D

2459-31.gif

canonitis - 2459

watch out helper elves!! ;) haha

ugh!! That drops me down a notch
  • Like 1