IGNORED

Game of the Year 2014

vprette

Goty 2014  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game of 2014

• SPACE RAID (Collectorvision - shooter)
    • OLD SKOOL (Elektronite - maze)
    • BLIX (Good Deal Games - puzzle)
    • MOUSE TRAP reissue with new box (Intellivision Revolution - maze)
    • MAGIC CAROUSEL (Intelligentvision - family)
    • SPACE CUNT (Intelligentvision - shooter)
    • SIDNEY HUNTER (Collectorvision - platform)
    • CAVES OF KROZ (Elektronite - action adventure)
    • Ms NIGHTSTALKER (Intelligentvision - maze)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have been playing Ms. Pacman a lot and to see it and play it on the Intellivision is amazing.

It took over 30 years for someone to make it for this system and it has so many original features added to it.

The history of the game alone, and all the other systems it has been made for and played on makes it very special to me that it is now playable on the system I love the most.

GOTY for me and it is only January. It is a great game and the the significance will not be missed by me. I gotta go play....... ;-)

• Like 1

A maze game clone that plays extremely similar to official Pac-Man games, and uses very similar graphics and sounds, is still a Pac-Man clone - no matter how many awesome additions and features get added. And I don't think it takes anything away from INTV Ms. Pac to say this.

Saying "Ms. Pac Man is a nice game for sure, but in fact its just Pac Man, so I hope that there are some fresh ideas this year." has a negative connotation. The awesome additions and features are something to praise and enjoy. Not say "it is just Pac Man. Is negative comments really required? Yes, many people in these forums like attacking others. It is sad that so many good people in these forums keep their mouths shut probably in fear of producers not selling to them. If Ignorama wants something fresh, he should just make it himself. Stop supporting games that you do not like.

Do you think these comments motivate programmers to release games? I am exhausted of hearing them for all these years. I do get nice emails but the bad apples out here really spoil the pleasure. From now on, I will keep my games to myself.

• Like 1

Not sure I follow. You're saying it's sad that people keep their mouths shut, but then you imply that negative comments are bad because it motivates programmers not to release games? That implication is precisely why people keep their mouths shut.

I also disagree that pointing out that something is a clone is a negative comment. Some of the most innovate titles are clones - look at Halo on the 2600. It's considered a technical masterpiece by many - and yet it's still a port/clone of Halo.

Tomato, tomato?

There is a difference between negative comments and constructive critisism.

The negative innuendos are running rampant.

Im not singling you out ignorama...

I am releasing games for the Intv that I like. If someone dont like them, they do not have to purchase. i cant stop any negative comments, so I'll do my best to ignore any, should any occur.

• Like 1

Not sure I follow. You're saying it's sad that people keep their mouths shut, but then you imply that negative comments are bad because it motivates programmers not to release games? That implication is precisely why people keep their mouths shut.

I also disagree that pointing out that something is a clone is a negative comment. Some of the most innovate titles are clones - look at Halo on the 2600. It's considered a technical masterpiece by many - and yet it's still a port/clone of Halo.

Tomato, tomato?

I *think* Intvdave meant people people standing up to people that are negative. And that negative comments should be kept to themselves. Thats how I understood it.....

Now *I* think some good constructive critisism is fine.

"If you dont have anything nice, dont say anything at all"

"Treat people like you want to be treated"

2 good quotes ive heard my whole life.....

Halo 2600 to ME is not a clone. It is a port. A version if you will.

Ms Pac Man is not a clone. It is a port or version, yes?

A clone would maybe been called Ms Puc Man.

Copter Command is a clone. Space Patrol is a clone. In my opinion.

Edited by revolutionika

"If you dont have anything nice, dont say anything at all"

"Treat people like you want to be treated"

2 good quotes ive heard my whole life.....

"Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

I dunno. I wish people could be allowed to express themselves without everything turning into defensiveness and backbiting and clique-based infighting. People are so gosh-darned sensitive 'round these parts.

Fortunately the Blix developers don't seem to frequent this forum so everyone has an easy target there.

• Like 1

I like Blix! I still need to sell mine though....anyone? I know what you are saying, I am never sure what is acceptable to say or not in the Forums myself. I have been only posting positive comments if that is entirely possible, but it should be ok to post your opinion in here.

On that note, I love Ms. Pacman it is awesome and Pacman was never released in a great cartridge version for the Intellivision anyway. So, Ms. Pacman is the only great version of either that has been released for the system IMO! ;-)

"Sticks and stones may break my bones..."

I dunno. I wish people could be allowed to express themselves without everything turning into defensiveness and backbiting and clique-based infighting. People are so gosh-darned sensitive 'round these parts.

Fortunately the Blix developers don't seem to frequent this forum so everyone has an easy target there.

It is not that people are sensitive. It is that people say stupid and useless things. Do you really want to read stupidity and useless information? Are you that bored?

The Blix developer probably reads these forums. They may be to scared to say anything.

It would be nice if you read slower. My previous statement was very clear.

I like Blix! I still need to sell mine though....anyone? I know what you are saying, I am never sure what is acceptable to say or not in the Forums myself. I have been only posting positive comments if that is entirely possible, but it should be ok to post your opinion in here.

On that note, I love Ms. Pacman it is awesome and Pacman was never released in a great cartridge version for the Intellivision anyway. So, Ms. Pacman is the only great version of either that has been released for the system IMO! ;-)

You did not like the Atari version of Pac Man for the Intellivision? I thought they did a great job on it. Ms Pac Man just steps it up.

It would be nice if you read slower. My previous statement was very clear.

"It is sad that so many good people in these forums keep their mouths shut probably in fear of producers not selling to them."

The implication I read into that is that people (consumers) would keep their mouths shut (ie: not make negative comments) in fear that producers (game developers/publishers) wouldn't sell games to them. Grammatically, "good people" and "them" are linked in this sentence. Which is something I see here all the time - there's a real hesitation by many people to even hint at being critical towards a few "sacred cows". Which bears out in this very thread. Someone points out that Ms. Pac-Man is a Pac-Man port/clone/tomato, and within a page we have posts of "fine! I won't release any games anymore then!".

Or are "good people" the developers, and "producers"... Keith Robinson? Elektronite? Box manufacturers? Because I certainly see that aspect as well. Some people are very afraid to say anything critical about any and all of the above.

Or was your implication that people (developers) keep quiet because they (the producers) are afraid that they may not be able to sell their games to those that they criticize ("them")? ie: Bob releases a game, Joe says "holy shit this is a crappy clone", Bob replies with "this took me 300 hours you jerk, I'd like to see you make a better one", and Joe then doesn't buy it?

"Very clear" is in the eye of the beholder. :)

If I ever release anything, I'll try to have a very thick skin. I imagine that anything I put out will have someone who doesn't like it. Expect comments to receive comments like this one no matter what is released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5VuU1UyxYg&x-yt-cl=84503534&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1421914688#t=4500

I think I have done well so far but after 20 titles, it gets old. Maybe it is worse now as there are other producers out there and there is now competition.

I don't believe that Michael Hayes reads these forums.

I tried to get the two Michaels to improve Blix before they unleashed it on the world to no avail!

Blix needs some more polish. I don't think that they take it personal though.

And that is why I updated SG&R and was working on FUBAR :)

I wish Mike had let me know he was doing Blix, I would have helped him. I am not saying SG&R is the most polished game but it does have Intellivoice. I wonder why he did not release FUBAR before Blix.

Did you play Ms. Pac Man? How do you say "it is just Pac Man"? Which version of Pac Man are you comparing it to?

Of course I played it for me it plays pretty the same as every Pac Man before. Its a very nice game for sure, but all in all just a Pac Man. To be honest, I think you should let the community decide about the GotY 2015 at the end of this year :) And I am a bit disappointed how thin-skinned you react. I never said its bad, I never said I dont like these games. The only thing I said (and not for the first time in this thread) that I prefer games which are completely new on the Intellivision. That was the reason I liked Kroz that much, because its something completely new on this console. Of course Ms. Pac Man is the best Pac Man on the Intellivision, but I could also play Pac Man before and when I get it right we are getting some new franchises on the INTV this year, so it feels wrong to announce a title as the GotY 2015 in January.

I like you very much David and I have a huge respect for your work, but I dont think that I have done anything wrong here. I just said, that its maybe not the GotY 2015 for me and you get pissed about that. Now the big question: Who shows more lack of respect for the developers? Me, who wants to wait for all the titles, or you, who do not even do that before pointing out who made the best game? :?

Edited by Ignorama

It is being redesigned and rewritten and will be published when ready by Elektronite. Please don't be putting any old versions on cartridge.

oh really? Who is going to stop me? For all you know im weeks away from releasing it.

More examples of negative and unneeded comments. Insinuating that I would release Michael Hayes games, just because I released an old Mattel game. You may not see a difference, but I do.

P.s. D2k really is Donkey Kong, not a clone. Good thing you got permission from Nintendo.

By me saying 'i vote for someone to release it'. How or why did you even think to ask me to not put any older versions on cart? There was no reason to say that. If i was going to, it would of already been done.

So, because Jeff ripped Nintendo off you can too? That makes sense.

D2k and Dk is discontinued? Yeah right. Having a 3rd party sell them for you is not discontinued. LOL

Edited by revolutionika