IGNORED

Game of the Year 2014

vprette

Goty 2014  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game of 2014

• SPACE RAID (Collectorvision - shooter)
    • OLD SKOOL (Elektronite - maze)
    • BLIX (Good Deal Games - puzzle)
    • MOUSE TRAP reissue with new box (Intellivision Revolution - maze)
    • MAGIC CAROUSEL (Intelligentvision - family)
    • SPACE CUNT (Intelligentvision - shooter)
    • SIDNEY HUNTER (Collectorvision - platform)
    • CAVES OF KROZ (Elektronite - action adventure)
    • Ms NIGHTSTALKER (Intelligentvision - maze)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

....but I could also play Pac Man before and when I get it right we are getting some new franchises on the INTV this year, so it feels wrong to announce a title as the GotY 2015 in January.

Maybe this is a translation issue or.... are you going to be producing games???!!!??? SWEET!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think the Intellivision now has more producers than the Colecovision! We will never catch up to the Atari but being second is not a bad thing. I look forward to all the fresh new games.

Before anyone says anything. The competition is between the 2600, Inty, and Coleco. Those were the big three back in the day.

By me saying 'i vote for someone to release it'. How or why did you even think to ask me to not put any older versions on cart? There was no reason to say that. If i was going to, it would of already been done.

So, because Jeff ripped Nintendo off you can too? That makes sense.

D2k and Dk is discontinued? Yeah right. Having a 3rd party sell them for you is not discontinued. LOL

Just a little clarification of where the ones I am selling came from.

I bought all of remaining copies back when William decided to discontinue them. They are being sold by me, the owner of them. There is no difference between these and someone selling or trading extra copies of a game that they bought.

Just a little clarification of where the ones I am selling came from.

I bought all of remaining copies back when William decided to discontinue them. They are being sold by me, the owner of them. There is no difference between these and someone selling or trading extra copies of a game that they bought.

All remaining, so you bought 500-ish copies or more of D2k and Dk, cause thats how many were printed up. You must be rich.

Or Willy, did you burn those with hover bovver?

;-)

• Like 1

On a realistic note you guys are the best of the best for releasing, creating , producing and sending out Intellivision products for the few of us that are still alive and out there.

It hurts me to see you guys fighting over anything as opposed to working together to make great things happen for the system.

I have had some sort of personal contact with most of you whether by phone, e-mail or in person and by all recollections you are all upstanding and great people with a love for the games and the history of them.

I think my new purpose here should be as Ambassador and arbitrator to dissolve negativity and dissension. Lets work together, agree to disagree yet mostly get along with each other! ;-)

• Like 3

I voted Ms. Night Stalker as this is a FANTASTIC GAME! I'm sure Kroz is great as well but I haven't had a chance to play yet and I am very partial to Ms. Night Stalker as Night Stalker was a top 10 game for me way back & Ms. Night Stalker really improves upon it in MANY ways. Most critical flaw of Original Night Stalker is that once you get later into game with no bunker, you can lose 4 or more lives without even an opportunity to exit bunker which sucked. This was corrected in Ms. Night Stalker as well as many other nice touches - random play, spider web, faster bullet/overall speed, bats in play for entire game, new pink robot, gun placement & randomness of bullets, and others I forgot to mention. I've been busy lately but thoroughly enjoyed "classic" maze & probably got 40 hours of game play out of just that maze alone - think my high score so far was 120,400. Really glad this game was made!

Off topic: I remember liking the original Pac-Man for the inty & can't wait to play Mrs. Pac-Man as that and Dome Hockey were 2 of my favorite games at my local arcade as a kid. I'm sure this will be great.

On a realistic note you guys are the best of the best for releasing, creating , producing and sending out Intellivision products for the few of us that are still alive and out there.

It hurts me to see you guys fighting over anything as opposed to working together to make great things happen for the system.

I have had some sort of personal contact with most of you whether by phone, e-mail or in person and by all recollections you are all upstanding and great people with a love for the games and the history of them.

I think my new purpose here should be as Ambassador and arbitrator to dissolve negativity and dissension. Lets work together, agree to disagree yet mostly get along with each other! ;-)

Who is fighting

I have the source of Halo and permission to use it... anyone want to port it?

Here's the thing. If it is a straight port, then it wouldn't be that hard. I personally would enhance it to include a couple of the vehicles, indoor mazes, more randomness and obviously better graphics. The problem is at what point does it stop being a port, and become a new game? Who gave permission? Ed? Ed was allowed to do Halo 2600 by Microsoft because of his former relationship with Microsoft and the Halo property. Many of the people that approved of his usage of the property could be long gone. At what point does Microsoft intervene and put a stop to it.

That said, I believe Microsoft, unlike EA (Activision) and the rest, would support this and chalk it up to "more PR", like any company should for these fan projects.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I banged together a "run around shooting bad guys" kinda 2600 Halo-esque thing recently. Although I've only watched video of it so I don't really know how it actually plays. It's harder to make the wonderful multicolored sprites the 2600 has, if you want more than just a 1-on-1 gun battle.

Is there enough commonality between the platforms that the source would be useful? I've never tried it.

Edited by freeweed

Oddly enough, I banged together a "run around shooting bad guys" kinda 2600 Halo-esque thing recently. Although I've only watched video of it so I don't really know how it actually plays. It's harder to make the wonderful multicolored sprites the 2600 has, if you want more than just a 1-on-1 gun battle.

Is there enough commonality between the platforms that the source would be useful? I've never tried it.

I wouldn't think his source would be much use, as I believe he wrote in assembler.

The game itself isn't that complex and the number of sprites used wasn't that much since objects like trees would be cards not mobs. The distinctive multi line coloring of the VCS would not be replicable. Then again, a game designed with the Inty's abilities would be better than a strict port. Some scrolling screens/mazes instead static ones for a start.

All remaining, so you bought 500-ish copies or more of D2k and Dk, cause thats how many were printed up. You must be rich.

Or Willy, did you burn those with hover bovver?

;-)

I only bought what was already built. It seems to me William said he sold more than 400 copies of D2K, maybe even closer to 500, I really do not recall. So most of those materials were used up in sales. What William did with the rest of the materials, I do not know. But I can say that no one else is selling them, so, to me, they are dead and gone.

I only bought what was already built. It seems to me William said he sold more than 400 copies of D2K, maybe even closer to 500, I really do not recall. So most of those materials were used up in sales. What William did with the rest of the materials, I do not know. But I can say that no one else is selling them, so, to me, they are dead and gone.

You are selling them.