IGNORED

Thank you Jeff Minter. All hail the Yak. King of the Webs.

CyranoJ

Also, I need to hand out some other credits here - for Llamatron and all the other ST ports this month.

SCPCD / Jagware - for the insanely optimized planar to chunky conversion routine.

LinkoVitch / U235 - for the U235 Sound Engine.

ggn for the additional support / testing / bug-finding / helping sort through raw 68000 code.

ZeroSquare - for some very nice audio work.

None of these would be possible without the above, they are all vital pieces of the puzzle.

Cheers chief! I am super stoked that my engine is proving useful :D Best get my thumb out my bum and get more of it finished off! :)

Also yay! Llamatron on the Jag! :D

• Like 6

What I love about this game is it's awesome, it's of its time, it plays so well and it's so very "Minter". (I can see why getting hands on with a Jaguar might have had someone giggling like a schoolgirl with the possibilities, allowing more of the "sparkles"... can't think of a better term for the eye candy... hmm, eye candy might have done at a push but it doesn't quite cover it, hah).

You could take this game, do this, that or the other to it in order to make it "more Jaguar", and that might even be fun for someone to do, but when it's such a lovely little bundle of awesomeness to begin with, just getting as close to that as possible is all that's needed.

I'm trying but failing to come up with a good analogy, and I generally detest any that involve cars, but I guess it'd be like putting electric windows, mp3 players and fluffy dice in some old classic car.

Actually, any car becomes more awesome with fluffy dice, so scratch that part.

Wish he would visit e-Jagfest...^^

Yeah, if that happened, you're gonna need a bigger boat (venue).

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

I just realized if I bought a Playstation TV i could theoretically play TxK on the big screen. Anyone tried this yet?

Gaztee has, it's one of the many things to do on my things to do list, once I find my Vita TV... it's *somewhere* around here...

• Like 2

So, reports indicate that the last bit of 68000->GPU substitution brought this up to a nice 50fps on PAL, so just score saving to add now and it's a wrap! :D

Any possibility of a nice hardcopy of this being made with necessary proceeds going to various parties involved? Would love an official Reboot/Llamasoft copy...

• Like 1

Any possibility of a nice hardcopy of this being made with necessary proceeds going to various parties involved? Would love an official Reboot/Llamasoft copy...

I just do the easy stuff like coding.

sh3 does all that hard stuff like marketing :P

Marketing? Eek. I just do the easy stuff like designing the look of the thing and dealing with the factory, oh and handing them cashmoney from Reboot's infamous moneymountain :)

CJ had an idea people might want this to own and play this from physical media, he's received permission to put out physical copies of his port. It's a single-load binary and therefore cheapest, quickest and easiest to press to CD. I've also got to make a couple of carts for the llamasofties to put in their jagbag of fun when they go out on tour, so I'll likely make one for CJ for his amazing efforts with these ST binaries, GGN for his useful in-depth knowledge of the original and how it played on ST (misspent youth and all that), SCPCD and linko for their awesome screen conversion and sample-bothering routines respectively. I'd like one as well but this will be my only input on this one.

Oh, I want to replace the splash screen with something reflecting those above who conspired to make it happen as well as, you know, the guy who made it in the first place. As for the packaging, I'd like to keep it simple but in-keeping with the game in the context of a recent Jaguar CD release. Be nice to give some of these to the llamaguys as well, even if all they do is frisbee them past bewildered sheep.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 8

both will do, i guess it depends if it will save anything to cartridge / cd memory track, if it isn't going to use the cartridge at all for saving then just do the cheaper option and make cds.

i would prefer a cartridge myself for easiness, but saving is nice too.

ill take whatever, but hoping for a fully functional cartridge :)

Everyone would prefer cartridges, that much is obvious. But being a self-employed father, I value my time more than anything, and after making df+ last year and ending up losing about two working weeks of my life in a pretty-important-to-be-out-working-and-earning part of the year, I'm in no rush to go there again unless the game demands it (read: Rebooteroids) and I'll be marking the diary accordingly and allowing for my efforts.

This is entirely different, a couple of days designing, burning and testing, send a package to a factory and it's fire and forget until it's time to put things in boxes, and I can manage that at weekends or rainy days when I can't be out grafting much easier than all the hassles that come with producing boxed carts.

Just please, no, don't ask for carts for a 1mb ST game, CD is the ideal solution and we're lucky we're allowed to make it happen. More Minter on Jaguar :)

ps It'll have memory track save, of course. And you can just do the usual and make your own eprom cart anyway, from the released binary or ripped from the CD. .. it won't save, though, unless you hack away like your name is CJ :P

Edited by sh3-rg

ps It'll have memory track save, of course. And you can just do the usual and make your own eprom cart anyway, from the released binary or ripped from the CD. .. it won't save, though, unless you hack away like your name is CJ :P

sadly my jaguar knowledge is not adept enough, and my atari st knowledge is well apart from seeing yours at jagfest is non existent, so it wont be happening

i do understand the time and effort involved with cartridges, i know this pain more than most, at least the jagtopus carts ease the process somewhat so that no soldering is needed which is good.

can i ask if the carts will just be the cd binary put on a jagtopus cart? the save wont work unless cj does some patching though, but as you say for the size of the binary its not really worth the effort