IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Skarp Razor would have raised US$4,000,000 had they a working prototype with their Kickstarter campaign. They really wanted cash, so after their Kickstarter campaign was suspended, they went to Indiegogo. Indiegogo would let them keep any amount of money they received. But it is quite clear they do not have one, there's the rub of these things.

Their video demos are almost as laughable as the Retro VGS's videos.

Facebook:

Better and less expensive.

Yeah, we've heard that line before but what Mike considers a good price (as in- what you're going to pay him) versus what the backer/buyer considers a good price to take on the risk are two completely different things.

9/18/15

Seriously, thanks to all of you over here whether you are for us or against us. We've learned a lot and factored much of this and what info we've received on Facebook into our design and engineered this down as much as possible to get it within a price many will be able to afford.

As I recall, Facebook was inundated with people saying they were expecting $150-180 and would not pay $300. But who knows, maybe he's learned since then.

As for Skarp, the comments section is equal parts hilarious and frightening. Their fanaticism could make the Branch Dividians blush. I made a video about the project earlier this week. SKARP's Shady Laser Razor Shaver Scheme Swindles Some Suckers

Edited by StopDrop&Retro
  • Like 5

Skarp Laser Razor update: They raised US$400,000 so far and the two-week campaign ends tonight.

One of their updates mentions that they only did two weeks so they can get to work faster. A cynical man might say they didn't want to risk the campaign getting canceled again.

Skarp Razor would have raised US$4,000,000 had they a working prototype with their Kickstarter campaign. They really wanted cash, so after their Kickstarter campaign was suspended, they went to Indiegogo. Indiegogo would let them keep any amount of money they received. But it is quite clear they do not have one, there's the rub of these things.

Their video demos are almost as laughable as the Retro VGS's videos.

Well neither product was developed much prior to launch, however RetroVGS had the potential to be made into a viable product. The laser razor is for practical purposes snake oil. Anyone with common sense should know that. RetroVGS had potential but the public has spoken by saying they are not interested. Mike's repeated diarrhea-of-the-mouth and self-contradictions didn't help it get off the ground.

Maybe a custom Kelvin Zimba 3000 core including a kick ass 480p sprite engine paired with either a massively overclocked retro core or a simplified ARM core, may provide an outlet for future homebrew development using a modern dev tool chain, without relying on knowledge of assembly language or worrying about the crippling memory and CPU constraints of classic 8- and 16-bit consoles. Should the Zimba 3000 garner enough of an install base, I could see this taking off. Homebrew games using the new homebrew cores could either be loaded via the SD card or as custom carts that plug directly into the cart adapter port.

As for the laser razor, it is a laughably stupid idea and could potentially lead to class action lawsuits if the lasers caused harm to the customer's skin. I'm not talking nicks and scraps but a laser has greater potential to do lasting damage. The laser could burn the skin and unlike a razor nick, the patient may or may not feel pain immediately. Laser hair removal treatments by licensed professionals can permanently deaden follicles. Suppose a man uses the laser razor and it permanently disfigures his facial hair by destroying some of the follicles. All I'm saying is if the product even works at all, there are potential for lawsuits if there are unintended side effects. Or they may develop a prototype only to find the product doesn't work, and backers either lose their investment or are delivered a faulty or dangerous product.

• Like 1

That'll be unnecessary. I'm pretty sure when Kevin Bow saw the request for everyone to "refund" their contribution he pledged all over again.

Good god StopDrop&Retro, you were spot on. Winning lotto numbers next please ~

https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AADvbpB_m6gGpLs2SD3WP5j5BKBBAHUOLEZoETW0qklAsA/12/389198090/jpeg/32x32/1/1445817600/0/2/retard.jpg/CIriyrkBIAIoAg/wDC0iKsrrKZzqscS49URBcNA9R43RwDeCSqRQ_6wj5M?size_mode=5

• Like 1

NO. FUCKING. WAY!!!!!

Seriously, that was a joke. Shouldn't there be some laws against taking Kevin Bow's money? I think he might be a vulnerable member of society.

• Like 1

Yeah, seriously. I spent some time going through all the Kickstarters I've backed and while most have delivered something, those who haven't are a trail of tears. Wal-Dok over 4 years overdue. Fargoal 2 over two years past expected completion date. Starlight Inception a big meh. Many little indie games I can't remember why I backed. Why did I do this so many times?

• Like 1

Yeah, we've heard that line before but what Mike considers a good price (as in- what you're going to pay him) versus what the backer/buyer considers a good price to take on the risk are two completely different things.

9/18/15

As I recall, Facebook was inundated with people saying they were expecting $150-180 and would not pay $300. But who knows, maybe he's learned since then.

As for Skarp, the comments section is equal parts hilarious and frightening. Their fanaticism could make the Branch Dividians blush. I made a video about the project earlier this week. SKARP's Shady Laser Razor Shaver Scheme Swindles Some Suckers

Thanks I enjoyed that video

Not sure what to make of the 650US$ pledge.

With that kind of money come the holidays you can likely buy a XB1 AND a PS4.

I understand you want to support "indie" business but madness does not help.

People should not throw away their money as if that would help winning a debate, in the end if the business side is not viable the fact that it got funded it doesn't matter, actually it makes it worse as it gives the impression that there's a fair market out there which in reality is instead seriously biased. What is there at that point is a niche that wouldn't mind overpaying to get the project done (any project not just this one) but other than that nothing much to it.

• Like 2

No profile pic. Is that a real person, or a troll?

"RVGS is going to be better and less expensive for going through all this."

I love the "all this" and will continue to follow their progress for their endless entertainment value. At least they aren't boring!

Well, he called me a troll multiple times before I was banned from the RVGS Facebook. StopDrop&Retro posted a few pictures of my quotes to Kevin Bow. I honestly think that he is legitimately a super fanboy. Nothing would change his mind and he'd out-right attack you if you disagreed with the RetroLand Vision. I truly thought he was a husband / lover of one of the team but when I asked him that he countered that he wanted to 'do' my mom, my sister, and depending on age my children.

• Like 4

Well, he called me a troll multiple times before I was banned from the RVGS Facebook. StopDrop&Retro posted a few pictures of my quotes to Kevin Bow. I honestly think that he is legitimately a super fanboy. Nothing would change his mind and he'd out-right attack you if you disagreed with the RetroLand Vision. I truly thought he was a husband / lover of one of the team but when I asked him that he countered that he wanted to 'do' my mom, my sister, and depending on age my children.

Forever(?) immortalized earlier in the thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/?p=3328478

And yeah, no profile picture there either.

• Like 2

New update on the Indiegogo page!

Hey Everyone! We wanted to come in here and post another update in case some of you have missed that we've wanted to end this campaign early and remove it from their system, but so far, this is something we've not yet been able to do with Indiegogo. So the best thing is for you to go to this link and learn how to initiate a refund right away: https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/526876-Refunds-Can-I-get-my-money-back-

We are now working with a new lead hardware engineer and have been successful reengineering a good chunk of cost out of our initial design by simplifying our PCB architecture. We will be back by the end of the year with a playable prototype, a lower purchase price and a significantly lower minimum campaign goal. We appreciate your support and hope we can count on it again when we bring RETRO VGS to Kickstarter this winter.

Thanks again,

- Mike & Steve

So they'll be back by the end of the year. Interesting...

• Like 4

The Retro VGS Team seems to be able to turn the impossible into reality in just a couple months. When the Retro VGS goes up, with it's high build Quality, Long Lasting cartridge based Memory, wide developer Support and fun new ways to Play and collect Videogames, all in an affordable manner, I'll just sell all my other gaming gear and invest everything in the VGS. It's the first System ever built to have infinite Support and work for the rest of your like and beyond. If they offer a much better experience than my other gaming gear I won't think twice about being a RVGS only gamer.

And the best of all, If the Retro VGS sells over 100 million copies, the other companies would have to stop all this patches and DLC, and go back to giving us full games. It would be the new birth of the gaming industry.

We Need to Support this guys. This is our Chance.

• Like 1

just in time for christmas and for the lemmings to forget how fail the IGG was in the summer.

Oh, BTW, the Lemmings never saw any failure. All there was was a stupid barrier of trolls Holding them back in their Migration to Retroland. Now with the nitpicks of the trolls being dealt with nothing will stop them.

• Like 2

New update on the Indiegogo page!

So they'll be back by the end of the year. Interesting...

Yes, apparently they learned nothing from the last disaster of a campaign. They need to take a good amount of time off to get this thing right and to plan their campaign. Rushing a prototype and opening a new campaign during the worst time of year for crowdfunding is just absurd.

• Like 1

Yes, apparently they learned nothing from the last disaster of a campaign. They need to take a good amount of time off to get this thing right and to plan their campaign. Rushing a prototype and opening a new campaign during the worst time of year for crowdfunding is just absurd.

It'll be fun, though.

• Like 1

True courage is not being fearless, but getting up every time you fall even if you're shitting your pants.

I hope them the best, if they succeed more power to them and if not there will be lessons learned for others that come after.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1