IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

.....................c'mon Retro Gaming Roundup. You have many potential subscribers to your podcast in the waiting here. It's time to release the RVGS podcast

Well yes but we have to get all the participants online together across several time zones and I leave for the US in a few days but we're working on it.

Don't forget this will not lose relevance as it is a breakdown of the process up to the campaign with those involved throughout and this thread and many others will be reborn as the prototype and the second funding effort emerge.

• Like 3

New video from Kevtris. A powerful statement.

I don't know how I can be expected to treat this "Kevtris" guy seriously when all that he has to show is years of experience, working boards, working cores, a protoype, and a plan to keep costs manageable ... but yet, there's not a single picture of what laboratory POWER SUPPLY he's using!

Frankly, that's just totally amateur! This whole thing is doomed. DOOMED, I SAY!!!

;-)

Edited by elmer
  • Like 14

I want to believe Kevtris can make this happen. It looks like he knows his stuff. Jamma compatibility would be a dream come true. USB controller inputs and a SD slot? Excellent.

But honestly, I don't think he knows what color shell to use, and that is very, very disturbing.

• Like 5

I want to believe Kevtris can make this happen. It looks like he knows his stuff. Jamma compatibility would be a dream come true. USB controller inputs and a SD slot? Excellent.

But honestly, I don't think he knows what color shell to use, and that is very, very disturbing.

Even more disturbing: He's even planning to have his console certified by government regulatory instances, just to make the hardware fully legit. Who in his right mind would think of doing that?

EDIT: I tried finding the quote where Kevtris mentioned this but I couldn't find it. He did say that he has experience with this kind of thing though: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/?p=3326949

Quote "Several years ago, Slashdot reported that the Amiga community had developed a way to restore old, yellowed ABS plastic to like-new condition, and they put the recipe for the gel, dubbed Retr0bright, into the public domain. Since then, it was discovered that the effect of the gel is only temporary, and plastic treated with the gel soon reverts to its original yellowed state even when efforts are made to block it from additional UV light."

Yup. That's that formula, whatever it is, whatever it does.. Those Bromides keep surfacing! I thought it might be short lived. The formula I got going is now in its 3rd year of testing on a couple of Apple II and peripheral cases. No reverting, no color change, AND with moderate nominal exposure to UV light and occasional fluorescent and incandescent light experienced in daily usage. Partly sunny room too. This is real world testing.

Made from stuff you can get at Home Depot and Walgreens. Cheap too. Does not need special lighting to activate it, no goopy goo, rinses off in plain water. And not sensitive to mottling because you put too much in one area and not enough in another. Chances are you have some of it at home already. Disadvantage is that it takes 3-4 days to do its job and requires one or two additional re-applications.

Before I publish the formula I want to be able to honestly & truthfully say the treatment went the distance and lasted 5 years. Hey! Who knows? Tomorrow the cases could spontaneously turn black.

Are you posting progress details or updates anywhere? I'd love to follow along and try it out as soon as it's available for beta testers. :]

That's my progress report. Beta testing is underway and has been for a few years. It wouldn't make sense to start a new test run because I've already got some consoles and samples going now for 3 years. And the last goal I have to meet is 5-year effectiveness.

The primary concern is that nothing reverts back or the plastic doesn't change, get soft, become brittle, or turn into an oily mess. We'll be doing a set of lab tests to wrap it up.

ADDED:

I suppose I'll post it here on AA when I'm done. IIRC there's a few stickys about cleaning and de-yellowing. Unlike some projects I'm not making a big stink with web pages and constantly changing formulas. Nor am I looking to raise 2mil for what amounts to a cleaning solution and little more.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 3

So last Tuesday, there was this hot 80s chick with big hair at taco bell, I asked her "RVGS or Zimba" and she just stared. I think she bleached her hair with keetah's formula.

Also, I ate the limited edition Halloween whopper and it turned my poop green.

• Like 5

So last Tuesday, there was this hot 80s chick with big hair at taco bell, I asked her "RVGS or Zimba" and she just stared. I think she bleached her hair with keetah's formula.

She then won a gold PS4 and asked if it could play Atari?

If you eat at Taco Bell, you deserve whatever color it turns the aftermath diarrhea... :woozy:

She then won a gold PS4 and asked if it could play Atari?

If I eat the golden PS4, does my poop turn into gold?

The_Golden_Turd_Rapture.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Well yes but we have to get all the participants online together across several time zones and I leave for the US in a few days but we're working on it.

Don't forget this will not lose relevance as it is a breakdown of the process up to the campaign with those involved throughout and this thread and many others will be reborn as the prototype and the second funding effort emerge.

..sorry guys, I guess I just couldn't hold my anticipation for your content to be released and didn't really factor in the overseas and arranging timezone elements required

I didn't see this mentioned before, John Carlsen discussed the Retro VGS for a few minutes at Commodore Vegas Expo v11 2015 on July 19th. RVGS talk starts at 5:53 https://youtu.be/F4rP3PzcXso?t=5m53s

https://youtu.be/F4rP3PzcXso

Incidentally, the board he is demonstrating at the start is on the table in the famous prototype video. It's the reason for the GBS-8220 boards being there, and is a C128 video adapter that he refined the design of and is selling: http://www.bit-c128.com

• Like 4

Facebook:

RETRO VGS
12 hrs ·

Just a note we are making great progress with a newly engineered RVGS. The good thing is that RVGS is going to be better and less expensive for going through all this. Please hang loose and we will make sure it will be worth the extra wait. In the meantime what's everyone playing this weekend?

Better and less expensive.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 1