IGNORED

4-Tris on eBay

scobb

A year ago Christmas macfamily from the UK let a mint Spiker go on eBay for ~$850 and everyone that already owned a CIB copy kind of freaked out about how cheap it was-

A long time ago I decided to be happy with a repro box on the shelf unless a very sweet deal dropped in my lap.

Some of my friends collect Colt pistols that sell for more than an entire CIB collection would be worth, I guess it's all relative...

Loose ones are selling in the $500-650 range, IIRC.

I am STUNNED that we're not seeing fakes, at this price range. It would be trivial given how easy it is to make homebrew with the exact same specs - and it's not like the label would be particularly difficult to reproduce :P

Making a passable box takes a lot of skill and effort. But a loose cart?

Edited by freeweed

I am STUNNED that we're not seeing fakes, at this price range. It would be trivial given how easy it is to make homebrew with the exact same specs - and it's not like the label would be particularly difficult to reproduce :P

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the loose carts out there are fakes, just for the reasons you state.

I'm actually amazed at the lack of fakes in general for all vintage games. In the action figure community, they make full on molds and color match plastics/etc for a lot less money than what a lot of these games go for. Unless people have been making a ton of fakes and nobody has caught on yet, which I guess is highly possible if they are patient/etc..

Do you think the Intelligentvision release would go for more, or does it really not matter between the two?

Good question. I suspect it would given that it was released first but both should pale in comparison to the two earlier releases from Joe. I'd expect minimum $800 on those and they could exceed $1000

Spiker! Mint is worth $1500. dollars.

If I see anything fake happening with it or other games I will start selling all my authentic collection pronto.

That is a game I wont play!

And yes, that Phily Classic 4-tris is hard to get, it is the only version of 4-tris I do not have.

I do however accept after much review the making of the repro boxes which I do not own as they are labeled as such on the bottom flab I believe?

If I am wrong please let me know! These make it possible for those that may never have a chance to complete or afford there collection to have a boxed version of each game.

Lol, we'll see. Part of my estimate is based on the fact that I don't think I've ever seen a LTO (or Intelligentvision) 4-Tris sell for over $300. I may have been a bit conservative considering the dry spell and demand, but I'd be surprised if it topped $500.

I think I've seen it go over $400.....I have LTO, but would like Intelligentvision.........anyone?

A year ago Christmas macfamily from the UK let a mint Spiker go on eBay for ~$850 and everyone that already owned a CIB copy kind of freaked out about how cheap it was-

That sale was just really good timing / bad timing, depending on whether you were the buyer or the seller. It was outside the typical price range.

Platinum is only original boxes.

I think you missed his point here Jason.

If you have the 125 with repro boxes and then IF you are considered to be in the 125 club at Platinum level, shouldn't an original boxed collection be considered the Diamond edition?

But Platinum IS original boxes only, so no Diamond necessary.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, Rev's description of Platinum says "All 125 Officially released games boxed". I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but it sounds like there's wiggle room on whether that means original or reproductions. I think the repro boxes were marked on one of the box tabs, but I know I'd be wary of damaging the Spiker box to access the tab just to prove it's original.

Anyway, if Rev did add another level above Platinum we all know it'd be Bacon. :grin:

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, Rev's description of Platinum says "All 125 Officially released games boxed". I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but it sounds like there's wiggle room on whether that means original or reproductions. I think the repro boxes were marked on one of the box tabs, but I know I'd be wary of damaging the Spiker box to access the tab just to prove it's original.

Anyway, if Rev did add another level above Platinum we all know it'd be Bacon. :grin:

Does using a Repro box put them in the Platinum 125. If it does, there should be a Diamond 125 with original boxes.

I think you missed his point here Jason.

If you have the 125 with repro boxes and then IF you are considered to be in the 125 club at Platinum level, shouldn't an original boxed collection be considered the Diamond edition?

But Platinum IS original boxes only, so no Diamond necessary.

So sayeth Cmart, so say we all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3EzRAgjo_s

I have 125 boxed copies of Sharp Shot. I like to call it the "Dumbass 125". I'm the only member. It's very exclusive.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure I've gone through 125 Poker & BJ boxes by now. I did a massive cleaning a few years back and tossed a LOT of really damaged boxes; there had to be 30-40 of 'em in that one batch alone.

That sale was just really good timing / bad timing, depending on whether you were the buyer or the seller. It was outside the typical price range.

I bought that one along with Stadium Mud, Congo Bongo and plenty of others from the macfamiliy and I was very happy about that deal :)

post-2069-0-16783600-1425452939_thumb.jpg

I bought that one along with Stadium Mud, Congo Bongo and plenty of others from the macfamiliy and I was very happy about that deal :)

I was pretty happy with the $850 deal as well. It was 2 days before it fully sunk in that I had actually purchased Spiker. I didn't think I'd ever be able to complete the 125.