IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Kasumi Ninja is utter crap even if you read the manual 1000 times. Big part of the problem is directionals on the Jaguar d-pad, they hardly exist. Kasumi is slow with bad hit detection and the computer AI is super cheap and difficult, kinda like the super overrated Mortal Kombats 1-3 of the time.. But atleast the MK games had a cool original story and decent control and just a lot more polish.

Kasumi Ninja is utter crap even if you read the manual 1000 times. Big part of the problem is directionals on the Jaguar d-pad, they hardly exist. Kasumi is slow with bad hit detection and the computer AI is super cheap and difficult, kinda like the super overrated Mortal Kombats 1-3 of the time.. But atleast the MK games had a cool original story and decent control and just a lot more polish.

I totally agree, it's fun to watch and check out nice graphics, but all you say is spot on otherwise.

On the other hand, I feel Ultra Vortek is way underrated, yet as good as the MK games. Of course it's just a copy-cat-clone, so it gets discounted for that, but it is a well executed game that I find every bit of fun to play as MK games. I know it is slightly slower paced as a default, and I'm not sure why the developers did this, it's not the game engines fault, just a choice, because there is a cheat code you can enter for a turbo speed option on the menu, and it's super-fast like Street Fighter games when it's turned on. I think they should have just made it a menu option permanently. But the thing is, even though UV looks like a wanna-be MK, it actually plays closer to Street Fighter, IMHO.

Even though it's true that the Jagpad could have better diagonal movement, Don't blame it for Kasumi's bad control, as Ultra Vortek's controls are very good and responsive, with that same Jagpad.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

That was pretty enjoyable. I really want to see the Alien vs. Predator episode since I think that is the pinnacle of Jaguar gaming. You said you had 26 games. Do you mind telling us what you own now? I know you said you plan to get more as the series continues, but I am curious what games you bought back in the day.

I feel Ultra Vortek is way underrated, yet as good as the MK games. Of course it's just a copy-cat-clone, so it gets discounted for that, but it is a well executed game that I find every bit of fun to play as MK games. I know it is slightly slower paced as a default, and I'm not sure why the developers did this, it's not the game engines fault, just a choice, because there is a cheat code you can enter for a turbo speed option on the menu, and it's super-fast like Street Fighter games when it's turned on. I think they should have just made it a menu option permanently. But the thing is, even though UV looks like a wanna-be MK, it actually plays closer to Street Fighter, IMHO.

Even though it's true that the Jagpad could have better diagonal movement, Don't blame it for Kasumi's bad control, as Ultra Vortek's controls are very good and responsive, with that same Jagpad.

I've always been in the same boat with Ultra Vortek as well. Always loved this game and it was very polished! Maybe if they could have gone slightly faster than default but not quite as fast as Turbo, the game would have been just right.

and cool video for the first one, very relaxed :D looking forward to more!

• Like 1

Thats a game that had every intent on being a great game but fell short. Its like your favorite bad cult movie, the filmmakers never intended it to be a bad film it just is and you love it for that fact.

Actually Kasumi Ninja was not supposed to be a "serious" fighting game like MK. I have a development doc somewhere that has some truly preposterous stuff they proposed putting into the game. I don't really get what the developers were thinking though, whether it was supposed to be a satire / mockery / parody or whatever (maybe even an inside joke to see how Atari would respond that got out of hand) it was never marketed that way and they made no real effort to suggest this. So from a consumer standpoint it was probably a bit of a surprise going in for a MK / Street fighter clone to get Kasumi Ninja :lol:

I thought it was fun for B-movie style entertainment value like you said... I think people who take the game too seriously or can't help but compare it to other fighters are in for disappointment though.

Edited by Willard

I've always been in the same boat with Ultra Vortek as well. Always loved this game and it was very polished! Maybe if they could have gone slightly faster than default but not quite as fast as Turbo, the game would have been just right.

and cool video for the first one, very relaxed :D looking forward to more!

slightly faster, but not as fast as turbo? sounds like about the speed of MK! Anyway, I still like playing UV in both speeds, depending on my mood, their both fine with me, I just get into the flow and timing of each. Though i do play turbo mode more by myself, and generally default speed when playing with others for their benefit (usually first-timers).

Everyone I've ever played UV with (non-jag owners, generally first experience)) have thought it as good or better than any 2d fighters on other systems. All positive impressions, people with no bias toward the jag because they didn't know about it and never had an experience with a bad jag game first, or ever heard the constant axing of the system.

Edited by Gunstar

Well here is the first episode, thanks for checking it out everybody

Found it quite enjoyable albeit a bit short on the Honest Review section - would've loved to hear more of both parties views and opinions - from your perspective having played it from before, and your guest's opinion having "touched [it] for the very first time..." :music:

In any case, loved the chilled out style and looking forward to your next episode :)

That was pretty enjoyable. I really want to see the Alien vs. Predator episode since I think that is the pinnacle of Jaguar gaming. You said you had 26 games. Do you mind telling us what you own now? I know you said you plan to get more as the series continues, but I am curious what games you bought back in the day.

Yes that one is coming soon, that was the game that really stood out. Ill get a list of games today need to head back to the Jag Bar and look that up. Shot Ep.2 Last night, went really well and had a blast getting back in that Tempest zone, still a great game.

Fun!

I see, you're not a faker, you rock at this game lvl 99! It is a very frustrating game. I've reached only level 23, and had no clue you could jump! Need to go back to the manual and read it.

Only episode 2, and already you have more friends to play with than me, I got only one. Also envy the drinks.

Keep 'em coming, you got miles to go.

• Like 1

Fun!

I see, you're not a faker, you rock at this game lvl 99! It is a very frustrating game. I've reached only level 23, and had no clue you could jump! Need to go back to the manual and read it.

Only episode 2, and already you have more friends to play with than me, I got only one. Also envy the drinks.

Keep 'em coming, you got miles to go.

Thanks so much!

We're having a good time, Lots more episodes to come, stay tuned and subscribe.