IGNORED

The Jag Bar

btbfilms76

Fun video. Funny enough, I did a Jaguar stream on Wednesday and had a friend over to co-pilot it. We played some Kasumi Ninja as well. We ended up going to GameFAQs for the moves list and the game was a lot easier to play as a result (although, the session consisted of us mostly throwing fireballs at one another). Good times were had, but yeah, the game is pretty bad for the most part and I can't really recommend it. The shame is that there was some good groundwork here--the engine is solid and the background visuals are fine. The game needed faster responding controls, good music, far better sound effects and voicing, a normal character select screen, and characters that aren't so goofy. I guess at least the game is still good for laughs, especially when alcohol is involved.

• Like 1

Fun video. Funny enough, I did a Jaguar stream on Wednesday and had a friend over to co-pilot it. We played some Kasumi Ninja as well. We ended up going to GameFAQs for the moves list and the game was a lot easier to play as a result (although, the session consisted of us mostly throwing fireballs at one another). Good times were had, but yeah, the game is pretty bad for the most part and I can't really recommend it. The shame is that there was some good groundwork here--the engine is solid and the background visuals are fine. The game needed faster responding controls, good music, far better sound effects and voicing, a normal character select screen, and characters that aren't so goofy. I guess at least the game is still good for laughs, especially when alcohol is involved.

Id love to give the game another go using an arcade style joystick - wishful thinking but Im wondering if playing this game with a joystick might make it respond a little better… who knows. But you're right, the ground work was made and it could have been an ok title.

Another good episode. When you said you had a surprise you were at the spot where you get to the original Pitfall! from within the game so I was surprised when you restarted and entered the code instead. I am a big fan of Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, but the biggest problem I have with it is the original Pitfall!. The controls just seem off to me. I think the Genesis version feels more like the 2600 version than the Jaguar version.

Another good episode. When you said you had a surprise you were at the spot where you get to the original Pitfall! from within the game so I was surprised when you restarted and entered the code instead. I am a big fan of Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, but the biggest problem I have with it is the original Pitfall!. The controls just seem off to me. I think the Genesis version feels more like the 2600 version than the Jaguar version.

I was wishing I could plug my 2600 controller into the Jag for the OG Pitfall section. Oh well, now I really want to set up the 7800 and dig out Pitfall 2, guess I know what I'll be doing today.

I considered myself a good gamer until I played Rayman....

You have fast reactions, still you only beat 11% of the game. I'm amazed Rayman took of after this sadistic original. sigh.

Yeah man even after I put in the code for all power ups i was still getting my ass handed to me. It gets real hard real quick.

Mason is one of the better players to pony up to the Jag Bar so far. It might help that his drink of choice is non-alcoholic. :)

I recently restarted Rayman after a decade+ away. Love the game. I'm about ~45% in. The difficulty definitely requires some patience.

• Like 1

Mason is one of the better players to pony up to the Jag Bar so far. It might help that his drink of choice is non-alcoholic. :)

I recently restarted Rayman after a decade+ away. Love the game. I'm about ~45% in. The difficulty definitely requires some patience.

Yeah he's played it before, his game of choice on the system. I can remember why I didn't get too far in the game - PS1 came out and the Jag sat in the sidelines, however Power Drive Rally was excellent and the Jaguar got more play time for a bit.

It's pronounced ray-man B2B, not ray-min. :rolling:

Cute video and refreshing to see such a well behaved, calm, cool and collected little person for a change. Can tell you've got some great family dynamics going on! Those his real glasses or you make him wear faux glasses just for the vid? :lol:

As always, look forward to seeing the next vid. Damn. Probably too late to the party (Intellidrunkendude, AVGN, CGR and now you among my favs), but I really should have done something similar years beers ago. Cheers for the entertaining, well produced and all around fun vids btbfilms76!

• Like 1

It's pronounced ray-man B2B, not ray-min. :rolling:

Cute video and refreshing to see such a well behaved, calm, cool and collected little person for a change. Can tell you've got some great family dynamics going on! Those his real glasses or you make him wear faux glasses just for the vid? :lol:

As always, look forward to seeing the next vid. Damn. Probably too late to the party (Intellidrunkendude, AVGN, CGR and now you among my favs), but I really should have done something similar years beers ago. Cheers for the entertaining, well produced and all around fun vids btbfilms76!

Ha Ha, you're probably right! My East Liverpool Ohio / California accent will probably murder the Queens english from time to time.

Thanks for the kind words, we have a good time and love playing all kind of video games, I love the fact that they can pick up a 2600 and have just as much fun with Barnstorming then with the newest Nintendo game.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Videos, Im having a blast putting then together.

• Like 1

That was great, it's encouraging to see younger kids still interested in the older games. You're right, the game is still beautiful today.

I actually had to go watch other Rayman reviews because I thought I was pronouncing it wrong the entire time.

• Like 1

That was great, it's encouraging to see younger kids still interested in the older games. You're right, the game is still beautiful today.

I actually had to go watch other Rayman reviews because I thought I was pronouncing it wrong the entire time.

Yeah we have a lot of fun, I love it too because when we go to the arcade he of course plays the flashy newer games for a while but we always gravitate to the older games and spend more time on Centipede and the other classics. To me its crazy to hear people claim the are "Gamers" when all they ever play is COD or Halo - you are NOT a gamer if you are only playing 2 or 3 of the same type game. Gamers respect the past and play all kinds of games from all kinds of platforms, what you just saw in that video is a little gamer loving a 20yr old game, playing it like it came out yesterday. Funny story - I found him last weekend in the bargain bin at best buy, just like his dad.

I have defeated Rayman many times and I do not recall ever knowing about the all-powers code. How are you only 11% complete, but have 52 extra men?

Ok so looking back on why I didn't play this game more, I can say with out a doubt it was PS1. I think by the time this game came out PS1 was right around that same time. Rayman or Power Drive Rally was the last game I got. It was hard to justify buying Fight for Life or get battle arena toshinden. But playing it again you bet I will be giving it another crack. I think the 52 extra men must have been a code or something like that.