IGNORED

FS NES REPRODUCTON CUSTOM MADE MULTI GAMES

carlo3do

Holy crap! That's batshit insane! :o

Is there some way we can tell that the sale was legit? Was feedback left?

Damn!!! Must have been a discontinued game on the retrousb website.

Yes, these sold once upon a time for $45 each at RetroUSB. I still have my copy, plus an official repro box which you can still buy for $20.

If this game is really worth $2000, that's one helluva investment. Anybody want to buy mine?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157646829831793/

Edited by stardust4ever

Holy crap! That's batshit insane! :o

Is there some way we can tell that the sale was legit? Was feedback left?Yes, these sold once upon a time for $45 each at RetroUSB. I still have my copy, plus an official repro box which you can still buy for $20.

If this game is really worth $2000, that's one helluva investment. Anybody want to buy mine?

I bought Vs. Super Mario Bros and Vs. Duck Hunt a couple years ago from there. And now all the Vs. Games are discontinued!! I know for sure I'm hanging on to mine. Hardly much of anything for sale there as of now.

I bought Vs. Super Mario Bros and Vs. Duck Hunt a couple years ago from there. And now all the Vs. Games are discontinued!! I know for sure I'm hanging on to mine. Hardly much of anything for sale there as of now.

Yeah, I've got all their VS games. VS Duck Hunt was worth it just so you can shoot the dog in the bonus rounds! :lol: I'm thinking about letting VS Castlevania go though, since it's exactly the same as the retail NES version, except each hit takes away one quarter or one half of your life bar depending on the DIP switch settings, instead of just a couple points. IMHO it makes the game totally unfair and not much fun compared to the retail version.

Edited by stardust4ever

People pay $2K for newly produced carts now? :?

Gives people a place to spend their money when they own everything else already. It's the whole "LE W00T UBER RARE" deal. But all in all it's just a reproduction cart that could again be reproduced with little to no effort by anyone with entry level skill.

Old news guys. I've slept since this one:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=144238

According to some NA sleuths, The same winning bidder placed shill bids on all three of the seller's RetroUSB auctions (Mr Gimmick, Buzz & Waldog, and Fantasy Zone 2), and one other item from another seller, multiple bid retractions, and a feedback score of -1. That screams trolls. Nothing to see here, moving on... :ponder:

EDIT: I searched the seller's sold listings. Everything (including some retroUSB stuff) sold for pretty much normal prices except for the three aforementioned repros that got trolled hard.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nekocat12/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Old news guys. I've slept since this one:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=144238

According to some NA sleuths, The same winning bidder placed shill bids on all three of the seller's RetroUSB auctions (Mr Gimmick, Buzz & Waldog, and Fantasy Zone 2), and one other item from another seller, multiple bid retractions, and a feedback score of -1. That screams trolls. Nothing to see here, moving on... :ponder:

EDIT: I searched the seller's sold listings. Everything (including some retroUSB stuff) sold for pretty much normal prices except for the three aforementioned repros that got trolled hard.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nekocat12/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Ok, I thought it seemed high...BUT...if you do a completed search for Retrozone a ton of repros hit the $200-$300 mark, surely these cant all be trolled

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=retrozone&_sop=16

Edited by Crazy Climber

Ok, I thought it seemed high...BUT...if you do a completed search for Retrozone a ton of repros hit the $200-$300 mark, surely these cant all be trolled

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=retrozone&_sop=16

Gimmick, Pirate Booty, or any of the Xmas releases selling in the multiple hundreds is believeable. $1000+ with the lone exception of 8-bit Xmas 2010, is stupidity.

Gimmick, Pirate Booty, or any of the Xmas releases selling in the multiple hundreds is believeable. $1000+ with the lone exception of 8-bit Xmas 2010, is stupidity.

I can see the Xmas carts as they are unique for sure but the other repro's selling for $100's is just stupidity.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've got all their VS games. VS Duck Hunt was worth it just so you can shoot the dog in the bonus rounds! :lol: I'm thinking about letting VS Castlevania go though, since it's exactly the same as the retail NES version, except each hit takes away one quarter or one half of your life bar depending on the DIP switch settings, instead of just a couple points. IMHO it makes the game totally unfair and not much fun compared to the retail version.

Heck yes!! Always enjoy shooting the dog in the bonus round. :-D Agree on Castlevania. What I hate is the 170 seconds they give you on the first 3 areas of the game. You have no time to get any items. I have all of the vs. games for mame on the modded xbox I just enable some cheats for that.

I can see the Xmas carts as they are unique for sure but the other repro's selling for $100's is just stupidity.

For the record, brand loyalty goes a long way. $200-$250 for a RetroUSB Mr Gimmick is fair market value because it was the first NTSC reproduction produced and many people considered it the "official" version which others imitated. The RetroUSB branding is a mark of quality, and people pay a premium for that as opposed to repros with hacked PCBs.

Things like Pirate Booty and other multicarts require custom mappers and a homebrew boot menu. The hardware isn't expensive to produce in quantity but requires planning and hacking experience and intimate knowledge of NES hardware.

The OP can charge whatever he feels his product is worth but I feel with the premium pricetag, he's pricing himself out of the market.

For the record, brand loyalty goes a long way. $200-$250 for a RetroUSB Mr Gimmick is fair market value because it was the first NTSC reproduction produced and many people considered it the "official" version which others imitated. The RetroUSB branding is a mark of quality, and people pay a premium for that as opposed to repros with hacked PCBs.

Things like Pirate Booty and other multicarts require custom mappers and a homebrew boot menu. The hardware isn't expensive to produce in quantity but requires planning and hacking experience and intimate knowledge of NES hardware.

The OP can charge whatever he feels his product is worth but I feel with the premium pricetag, he's pricing himself out of the market.

I've been at this for a very long time and everything you just posted is not news to me.

Then why reply to it if it's not "news?" :ponder:

I was commenting on what you said as what you said was in vain of dictating something I wouldn't already know. Keep the ponder to yourself as it's useless in this case as it doesn't make my statement look out of line or yours look clever and\or witty.

Edited by Shawn

RetroUSB is highly collectable because it is the Atariage store of the Nintendoage community.

They do not have 12 pages of Homebbrews yet though, when (if) that day comes, the interest in their repros will go down considerably in my opinion.

When you have 100+ games to track down, the amount of catch em all collectors fades

• Like 2