IGNORED

FS NES REPRODUCTON CUSTOM MADE MULTI GAMES

carlo3do

Reading that NA thread is kind of funny. God forbid your games lose...value!!!!

So far as Ali, I ordered this, and it works. Enough said.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SEGA-GENESIS-MegaDrive-MD-EDMD-Game-Cartridge-USA-Japanese-and-European-game-card-shell/32596751280.html?spm=2114.031010208.0.706.sDK6RX

^^Please don't buy fake Everdrives. The OS and hardware are stolen from Krikzz who builds and designs these things. They also have a high failure rate.

Buy a real from here to support Krikzz if your Chinese copy ever breaks.

http://shop.krikzz.com/

I understand the issue here and respect that, but I will buy whatever I please. There was no chance I was ever spending the money for an official one--far too expensive IMO. So if I got a piece of junk, well, hey, I got a piece of junk...but no one else lost a sale.

I've got the same game in a grey shell so cool to have a lot of great games on one cart

Reminds me of a shameless plug for stoneagegamer.com. Get all your rom cart needs fulfilled here!

[Walks away with both middle fingers in the air looking backwards!]

Edited by Chris Leach
  • Like 1

I think personally I would rather just buy an nes everdrive N8 and be able to put most any rom I want on there including famicom, hacks, and homebrews. It would be worth the extra $$ to me over buying a multicart.

Well it all depends really. Part of the experience of retro gaming to me is being able to walk over to a shelf full of games pick one out and then go and play it. With an everdrive you lose that and plus no cool looking bookshelf art. I own a couple everdrives as well and im all for them, i just don't see them as a replacement for games, more of just a cool accessory to go with them.

Edited by cjameslv

I was thinking the multi-cart could be part of a good gift package for someone looking to get back into gaming. For instance I've got a buddy who would play NES but isn't about to start amassing a library of carts, so if i just gave him a NES it would be a waste. But the multi and a NES would be an awesome Xmas present.

I was thinking the multi-cart could be part of a good gift package for someone looking to get back into gaming. For instance I've got a buddy who would play NES but isn't about to start amassing a library of carts, so if i just gave him a NES it would be a waste. But the multi and a NES would be an awesome Xmas present.

I agree. For $20 you can't beat the selection on this cart.

Well it all depends really. Part of the experience of retro gaming to me is being able to walk over to a shelf full of games pick one out and then go and play it. With an everdrive you lose that and plus no cool looking bookshelf art. I own a couple everdrives as well and im all for them, i just don't see them as a replacement for games, more of just a cool accessory to go with them.

There isn't much different between picking a 150 in 1 game off your shelf or picking a 700 in 1 game off your shelf. I was only comparing the everdrive to the multicart this thread has been talking about for the last few weeks. I didn't say I would prefer an everdrive over original nes games.

Edited by icemanxp300

I've got just about all the old expensive Nes games and some even are boxed

Should I sell my nice looking little Samson for hundreds and buy a repro cart for $12. Or will it matter in the future?

Atari games used to cost a ton back in the day and now is seems like even the most uncommon game like condor attack is only about a $100 game?

Will we see this same thing with the Nes era (nintendoage) aside? Prices r high now. Does one sell his Nes game collection. Get Repros of everything rare and move on to take advantage of the insane pricing?

Or would one having done this miss what they once had in the future?

I've got just about all the old expensive Nes games and some even are boxed

Should I sell my nice looking little Samson for hundreds and buy a repro cart for $12. Or will it matter in the future?

Atari games used to cost a ton back in the day and now is seems like even the most uncommon game like condor attack is only about a $100 game?

Will we see this same thing with the Nes era (nintendoage) aside? Prices r high now. Does one sell his Nes game collection. Get Repros of everything rare and move on to take advantage of the insane pricing?

Or would one having done this miss what they once had in the future?

I have already started selling all my rares. It is not worth having 100% original game when I can have a 90% original game :)

Once I realized the only difference between a real game and a reproduction I can make is 2 chips and a label it seems dumb to keep the originals. I can literally take many cheap games worth $5 or less and they contain the exact pcb's as the rare games. If I swapped a Little Samson chips on a Tiny Toons pcb you would never know. Even if I used an astyanax it would be almost an identical match except the mapper would be slightly different but work the same.

I personally am considering selling my nes collection but I do like the massive wall of games I have and know I would miss it a little. However if I had repro carts of everything I don't think I would miss anything. Making repro carts of all games would not be feasible as most games are cheap. I will likely sell anything worth over $50 except the few games such as Gemfire that do not function in the everdrive type systems and can't be reproduced as easy.

I do like the collection but I think it's time to cash in on market before it crashes. I'm sure I will be able to live off of an everdrive if it functions as the originals do.

Get him a Retrobit brand clone or Hyperkin Retron 1 for casual play. They seem to be more reliable than the original Toasters, unless you love fidangle around with games in the loading tray. Don't get the Yobo brand clone as those still seem to have the same swapped duty cycle audio issues they had back in 2004.

My friend's B-Day is coming up and I got him a Retrobit clone with Castlevania I last year. He has Castlevania I & II and a few others but not that many games. Trouble is the good games don't show up often at GameXChange anymore and they're either too expensive or get snatched up before he gets a change to buy them. I suspect there may be a reseller/collector in the area buying up the local stock as the selection in our two area GameXChange locations is barren compared to other regional stores.

I'm thinking about getting him the 150-in-1 and I purchased a spare for this purpose, but I also have a Megaman 6-in-1 on the way for my own collection. He's also a fan of Megaman and I'm wondering if the MM 6-in-1 would be more meaningful as a gift even if the 150-in-1 has every Rockman plus loads more games on it. Random titles being PAL, Japanese or hacked/missing title screen might ruin the nostalgia somewhat.

• 5 weeks later...