IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

I am really enjoying the show. I haven't listened to the latest episode yet, but if you haven't heard yet, the original Harmony only plays up to 16 k games, I think. There's a new version of the Harmony available. Smarter people than I can say if you can update the original cart.

• Like 1

BTW, I've noticed I say BITD quite a bit. Also that my bad habit of saying "What it is, is that..."

And to answer one criticism, I've been sucking on cough drops during the show. I had a mild cold a month ago, and I've had a cough ever since. I'm guessing now that it's allergies, so as soon as payday rolls around, I'm investing in antihistamines.

We just published episode 3, about Zaxxon and Mortal Kombat.

Due to various circumstances -- the holiday being but one of them -- we will be taking a week off and will return with episode 4 a week later.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing this one, as always. I've never played Terminator II, and I know very little about Commando, other than that the NES version contains hidden caches of buried grenades that you can blast open, and those aren't even in the arcade original.

Ferg already touched upon this, but you're certainly the first game podcast in history to include an excerpt from the highly underrated Beach Boys Love You album!

• Like 2

Not to be that guy...Burgertime/Ms Pac ep, @1:05:16

minutia [mi-noo-shee-uh, -shuh, -nyoo-]

noun, plural minutiae [mi-noo-shee-ee, -nyoo-]

1.Usually, minutiae. precise details; small or trifling matters:

the minutiae of his craft.

Not to be that guy...Burgertime/Ms Pac ep, @1:05:16

minutia [mi-noo-shee-uh, -shuh, -nyoo-]

noun, plural minutiae [mi-noo-shee-ee, -nyoo-]

1.Usually, minutiae. precise details; small or trifling matters:

the minutiae of his craft.

Pot kettle black there RJ. :)

And in fact I"m such a snob, that I'm going to correct RJ on this:

The proper pronunciation would be mih NOO tee eye

"ae" is a diphthong....the "a" being pronounced as if your doctor is examining your throat, and the "e" kind of between an English short and long "e", and run together it sounds like an English long I.

And if I REALLY want to get snobbish (and I do!), I'll go on to say that it's not even the correct form. The exact sentence, as I think what he meant:

"That's kind of minutiae."

This is a tough one, actually. I'm assuming the meaning was the plural form of "minutia." Well, the preposition "of" would indicate that it's the genitive case, meaning that the proper plural form would be "minutiarum." But my knowledge of Latin is not nearly advanced enough to know for sure what the rule would be with an equivalent phrase to "kind of," which I think could be considered a two-word predicate adjective. If that's how you look at it, then yes, it'd be "minutiae," because a verb of existence keeps it in the nominative case.

Pie Factory Podcast: You Learn Something New Every Day [tm]

:)

(Now if we could just get Inky to stop saying "is is that"...)

Edited by Dauber
  • Like 2

Not only references to those groups, but BB Love You and Head -- the great stuff that you only arrive at when you're really into a band. They're like Sean's secret words for other cool people to pick up. :D

And find the hidden-in-plain-sight Who reference!

(Time for you to drop in some Supertramp to even it out, Jim!)

• Like 2

Not only references to those groups, but BB Love You and Head -- the great stuff that you only arrive at when you're really into a band. They're like Sean's secret words for other cool people to pick up. :D

And find the hidden-in-plain-sight Who reference!

(Time for you to drop in some Supertramp to even it out, Jim!)

Well, with the way the weather has been out here.....

BTW, I pronounced Min-You-Ah-Tay because I like the sound of it.

• Like 1

My biggest concern is that nobody is calling out Inky on his pronunciation of "Galaga"! Not a single person in the entire ga LAHX ee!

Ha, I was listening in earbuds while mowing the lawn. I picked up on the Ga-LAH-ga pronunciation and promptly ran over a squirrel. :D

• Like 1