IGNORED

Activision Patches, difficulty & 2015 Summer Quest

cvga

The 2015 Activision Summer Patches and Difficulty Quest standings as of August 23, 2015.

Total Patches Earned: 203

Patch Leaders:

1. Oyamafamily (30): Barnstorming, Beamrider, Chopper Command, Crackpots, Dolphin (Friends of Dolphins), Dolphin (Secret Society), Dragster, Enduro, Freeway, Frostbite, Grand Prix, H.E.R.O, Ice Hockey, Kabobber, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Laser Blast Special 1,000,000 point patch, Megamania, Oink!, Pitfall!, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, Plaque Attack, Pressure Cooker, River Raid, Robot Tank (Medal of Merit), Robot Tank (Cross of Excellence), Seaquest, Sky Jinks, Spider Fighter, Stampede

2. Retrogamer81081 (27): Barnstorming, Chopper Command, Decathlon (Bronze), Decathlon (Silver), Decathlon (Gold), Dragster, Enduro, Freeway, Frostbite, H.E.R.O., Ice Hockey, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Laser Blast Special 1,000,000 point patch, Megamania, Oink!, Pitfall!, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, Plaque Attack, Pressure Cooker, River Raid, Robot Tank (Medal of Merit), Seaquest, Sky Jinks, Spider Fighter, Stampede, Starmaster (Ensign)

3. darthkur (20): Beamrider, Chopper Command, Freeway, Frostbite, Grand Prix, H.E.R.O., Ice Hockey, Kabobber, Keystone Kapers, Laser Blast, Megamania, Oink!, Plaque Attack, River Raid, Seaquest, Spider Fighter, Stampede, Starmaster (Ensign), Starmaster (Leader), Starmaster (Starmaster)

4. the_8bit_gamer (19): Barnstorming, Chopper Command, Dragster, Enduro, Freeway, Grand Prix, Ice Hockey, Kaboom!, Laser Blast, Pitfall!, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, River Raid, Robot Tank (Medal of Merit), Seaquest, Skiing, Sky Jinks, Stampede, Starmaster (Ensign), Tennis

5. cvga (16): Beamrider, Chopper Command, Decathlon (Bronze), Decathlon (Silver), Enduro, Freeway, Ice Hockey, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers, Megamania, Pitfall!, River Raid, Seaquest, Spider Fighter, Starmaster (Ensign), Tennis

6. Roadrunner (15): Beamrider, Chopper Command, Frostbite, H.E.R.O., Ice Hockey, Laser Blast, Megamania, Pitfall!, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, River Raid, Robot Tank (Medal of Merit), Seaquest, Sky Jinks, Spider Fighter, Starmaster (Ensign)

7. mikey.shake (9): Chopper Command, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers, Megamania, Pitfall!, River Raid, Seaquest, Sky Jinks, Spider Fighter

8. Larcen Tyler (8) : Chopper Command, Dragster, Enduro, Frostbite, Keystone Kapers, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, Plaque Attack, River Raid

9. toiletunes (7): Chopper Command, Enduro, Ice Hockey, Megamania, Oink!, Plaque Attack, River Raid 9. hermi 69

10. hermi 69 (6): Barnstorming, Chopper Command, Freeway, Megamania, Pitfall!, River Raid

10. KaeruYojimbo (6): Freeway, Frostbite, Ice Hockey, Pitfall!, River Raid, Seaquest

10. flashbackmatt (6): Ice Hockey, Kaboom!, Megamania, River Raid, Seaquest, Spider Fighter

12. 24fanatic365 (5): Chopper Command, H.E.R.O., Megamania, River Raid, Seaquest

12. Dr.Venkman (5): Chopper Command, Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns, Seaquest, Starmaster (Ensign), Starmaster (Leader)

12. Mangia-Boy (5): Chopper Command, Frostbite, Pitfall!, River Raid, Seaquest

15. Bucket Brigadier (3): Chopper Command, Kaboom!, Seaquest

15. The Mr. Video (3): Chopper Command, Laser Blast, River Raid

15. thorr: (3): Ice Hockey, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers

18. BurritoBeans (2): Chopper Command, Laser Blast

18. Jin (2): River Raid, Robot Tank (Medal of Merit)

18. LidLikesIntellivision (2): Frostbite, H.E.R.O.

18. troff (2): Pitfall!, River Raid

22. Staalwart (1): Megamania

22. yugobrandon (1): Chopper Command

Only 2 more weeks til the Summer ends and incredible gaming everybody!! Let's keep earning more patches everybody!!

• Like 5

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing my actual Activision patch collection. I already had these framed but some of the patches were falling out of place. My 9 year old helped me redo the framing so that all of the patches are better centered. He's really into this Summer Quest.

009_1.jpg

I think the only patch we're missing is the Beamrider half moon which is a shame since Beamrider is my favorite game.

Wow... That is amazing

• Like 2

Last couple of weeks, so I think I'm going to see what else I can grab.

I've always claimed to be a "Friend Of Dolphins", but now I have a picture to prove it!

IMG_2442.jpg

Now I just have to find the password into their secret society. And keep that jerk Ecco from being such a pain.

• Like 3

You guys can congratulate me later on my promotion to COMMANDER in the FEDERATION OF LASER BLASTERS.

IMG_2444.jpg

I thought, "There's no way this can be as tedious as people say! Activision... 2600... lasers... blasting..." But sure enough, it was more of an endurance test. I kept getting bored and getting shot down once I found my rhythm, but screw it... I was gonna stick with it. Once I passed 100,000, though, my determination waned. Here's a tip of the hat, though, to those who went for the special "1,000,000 points" patch. I just don't have the patience, but I'm glad I finally gave this one a fair shake at the very least.

(Only to probably never play it again.)

Edited by mikey.shake
  • Like 5

You guys can congratulate me later on my promotion to COMMANDER in the FEDERATION OF LASER BLASTERS.

IMG_2444.jpg

I thought, "There's no way this can be as tedious as people say! Activision... 2600... lasers... blasting..." But sure enough, it was more of an endurance test. I kept getting bored and getting shot down once I found my rhythm, but screw it... I was gonna stick with it. Once I passed 100,000, though, my determination waned. Here's a tip of the hat, though, to those who went for the special "1,000,000 points" patch. I just don't have the patience, but I'm glad I finally gave this one a fair shake at the very least.

(Only to probably never play it again.)

Thanks!! Me and Oyamafamily had the endurance to do it, and let me tell you. I will never ever do a run like this again. I think I will retirebmy days of playing Laser Blast.. It took 5 hours to do this, and if I get carpel tunnel. I blame this game :lol: all in all it was good fun.

• Like 3

Thanks!! Me and Oyamafamily had the endurance to do it, and let me tell you. ..........It took 5 hours to do this...

Five hours?!?!??!?! Holy hell. That sounds like a torture session. Congrats on the ability to do that. That's one patch I don't ever foresee me getting.

• Like 3

Five hours?!?!??!?! Holy hell. That sounds like a torture session. Congrats on the ability to do that. That's one patch I don't ever foresee me getting.

For 1-Million Run on Laser Blast, I chose Game 3 (Captain - Advanced Skill), which is more exciting.

I played faster and spent 2 hours and 22 minutes to reach 1 Million Points, using Stella and keyboard.

For Game 2 (Lieutenant - Medium Skill), the estimated time to reach 1 Million Points is 3 hours and 15 minutes.

• Like 1

For 1-Million Run on Laser Blast, I chose Game 3 (Captain - Advanced Skill), which is more exciting.

I played faster and spent 2 hours and 22 minutes to reach 1 Million Points, using Stella and keyboard.

For Game 2 (Lieutenant - Medium Skill), the estimated time to reach 1 Million Points is 3 hours and 15 minutes.

That's a lot better but almost 2 1/2 hours is still a long time to be pretty much playing the same board repeatedly. Congrats though for certain.

I've been busy today.

Sky Jinks - 0:36.04

post-10357-0-65378000-1440552426_thumb.jpg

Robot Tank - 53 tanks

post-10357-0-53897500-1440552430_thumb.jpg

Activision Decathlon - 9,708

post-10357-0-96835200-1440552435_thumb.jpg

As suggested the trak-ball makes all the difference.

post-10357-0-26616000-1440552442_thumb.jpg

Pressure Cooker - 49,975

post-10357-0-42120300-1440552448_thumb.jpg

Barnstorming - 0:33.30

post-10357-0-05363000-1440552455_thumb.jpg

This game is simply unforgiving. I can not put into words accurately how much I loathe those damn birds. :mad:

Missed joining the Bucket Brigade by 16 points.

• Like 3

I've been busy today.

Sky Jinks - 0:36.04

attachicon.gif100_8998.JPG

Robot Tank - 53 tanks

attachicon.gif100_9003.JPG

Activision Decathlon - 9,708

attachicon.gif100_9006.JPG

As suggested the trak-ball makes all the difference.

attachicon.gif100_9007.JPG

Pressure Cooker - 49,975

attachicon.gif100_9012.JPG

attachicon.gif100_9014.JPG

This game is simply unforgiving. I can not put into words accurately how much I loathe those damn birds. :mad:

Missed joining the Bucket Brigade by 16 points.

Told ya the trak ball is amazing for Decathlon!! ;-) And it works wonders. It didn't take me too long to get the patch for Barnstorming. Beamrider has been the most brutal for me. Those ships are dirtbags and have cheap attacks. Just keep blasting that trak ball and you can get gold easily. I suck at Kaboom. I don't have good reflexes. I tell you what, you really are kickin butt. Been doing this for not even a week and you have 28 patches!!?? Keep up the awesome gaming!! :-D

• Like 5

attachicon.gif100_9014.JPG

I've included this on the patch list. I don't have an issue with it but the manual says "If you beat a time of 33.3 seconds on game 1,...". I'm certain they would have sent you a patch if you had tied rather than actually beaten that time.

• Like 2

Told ya the trak ball is amazing for Decathlon!! ;-) And it works wonders. It didn't take me too long to get the patch for Barnstorming. Beamrider has been the most brutal for me. Those ships are dirtbags and have cheap attacks. Just keep blasting that trak ball and you can get gold easily. I suck at Kaboom. I don't have good reflexes. I tell you what, you really are kickin butt. Been doing this for not even a week and you have 28 patches!!?? Keep up the awesome gaming!! :-D

I have Oyamafamily with 30 patches, darthkur with 28 and you (Retrogamer81081) with 27.

BTW - I was off by 1 patch on a couple of names further down your list. I'll go back and double check my list later this week.

• Like 1

I have Oyamafamily with 30 patches, darthkur with 28 and you (Retrogamer81081) with 27.

BTW - I was off by 1 patch on a couple of names further down your list. I'll go back and double check my list later this week.

This has really been a fun event and an awesome idea that you started. I'm enjoying so much of it. At least I hit my personal goal of 25.

• Like 2

I've included this on the patch list. I don't have an issue with it but the manual says "If you beat a time of 33.3 seconds on game 1,...". I'm certain they would have sent you a patch if you had tied rather than actually beaten that time.

Thank you so much. Getting that was maddening.

• Like 1

Finally got the pattern down. Also read the instructions which pointed out that a run at full power is possible if you find the right area's. Plus I felt guilty about "squeaking" in.

Barnstorming - 0:33.15

post-10357-0-39508100-1440607187_thumb.jpg

Got the gold.

Activision Decathlon - 10,279

post-10357-0-92902500-1440607161_thumb.jpg

Kaboom! - 4,298

post-10357-0-20565800-1440607122_thumb.jpg

Dolphin - 51,140

post-10357-0-17667200-1440607257_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Darthkur, your Dolphin score is NOT enough to earn "Friends of Dolphins" patch. You MUST score at least 80,000 points.

To get a special patch (Secret Society of Dolphins), you must reach 300,000 points.

It took me 20 minutes to reach this ultimate score on Dolphin - I jumped over the seahorses on later waves.