IGNORED

New PCB for Activision's Rampage / Double Dragon Interest Thread

santosp

Received my kit today and went right to work drilling into an empty 7800 shell. Impressed with the labels, circuit board and modded games and WOW, what a difference the change in colors/graphics enhancements make! Red lead on the switch didn't survive the trek, but a quick re-solder job and she's all good now. Decided to mount the switch on the side of the cart but can see how you've got to be careful inserting and pulling it out. Didn't have a hole punch and didn't want to risk the chance of screwing up the end labels.

Really enjoyed the partial "DIY" aspect, cost savings of assembling and providing your own cart, et al. One of the coolest additions to my 7800 collection! :)

If Water Ski/Tank Command ever gets made - I'd be in! :love:

• Like 3

Received my board and stickers this week.

We loved the diverse Greece stamps! One looked like a porcelain mask, there was a train, and people.

(My repro Madtronix Vectrex 3-D Imager package was covered in stamps of animals and flowers and royalty because the grocery store where where the postage was bought was out of high value stamps, so many low value stamps were bought so it would not delay shipping.)

I loved getting just a circuit board. I joked, "Look, I got sent a bomb!"

I do have a 2nd Ballblazer I purchased for its POKEY chip.

I have a few 2600 games in the 7800 cart shells, but I don't think I will use any of those.

Picked mine up from the Post Office today.

Stellar product all the way!! Very impressed with the professionalism, turnaround time, commitment, and finished product quality. Such an amazing piece of nuvo-classic gaming history!

Thank you Panos, for putting out the call for this terrific dual-game treasure. Thank you KevinMos3 for your rare artistic talent at making a huge improvement of these Activision games! Thank you to all involved. I'm blown away by the improvements! :)

Now if I can only find a nice Activision cart to install this into, for full effect! :evil:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If only I wasn't completely terrible at Double Dragon! Seriously, what is the trick to that game? :)

Reverse Jump Kick from the left hand side of an opponent. Master that and trust me ... you can practically walk through the game. Head butts and elbows are good too. Punches and regular kicks are pretty useless.

• Like 1