IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2015 Championship

DZ-Jay

i would go for 1 present at a time waiting for the ghost to stop moving before grabbing the gift. But everytime he would still then head straight at me and then circle around hitting me no matter where i was standing.

Yes, 1 present at a time is the safest approach.

Sometimes I also spend a lot of time there, sometimes I lose patience and take more risks.

• Like 2

My fifth perfect christmas.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wow! You're on a roll! A Celery Salted roll! :)

So... do you think you'll make it to Yellow? :o

What's going on Darrin? DId you lose your mojo? Are you going to try for a Perfect Christmas? How about trying for the "kill screen"? There's still time to get there. :)

A quick score for the day.. 1,046

I believe this is 12 days in a row of playing also, if I'm not mistaken. :-)

attachicon.gif20151215_020153-1.jpg

Indeed-diddy-doo! Congratulations, SiLic0ne! You are one of just out of three who have made it that far this year! :)

Happy 12 Days Of Christmas Carol to you!!!

Now, are you going for the 24 Days Of Christmas Carol achievement? ;)

I will not be able to post a score today. :(

There's still time! It's barely 7:00 PM over here... :ponder:

New high score for me! :) would have been better if i didnt lose 3 lives on 57 snowflake garden. The ghost was relentless. Took about an hour to beat it. :( then it was easy in all the other snowflake gardens after that.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wow! Good job there, pimp! You seem to be getting solidly comfortable in your spot... I would keep an eye on Darrin, just in case.... :ponder:

Did it really take you an hour to complete the 57 Snowflake Garden? That's insane! Someone should shoot that programmer! :mad:

Oh, wait! DOH! :rolling:

Interesting how a fast paced game can take 1 hour to get a level done. :)

The technique to take snowman from the center creates a long fight in snowflake garden.

Sometimes I wished I didn't knew how to survive that level. But I certainly wouldn't get those colorfull scores without that technique.

You mean the technique to get the Snowman out of the Ghost Pen? Yeah, going back and forth, back and forth; I can see how it can lead to a protracted game.

The level is really designed to go snowflake-present, snowflake-present, and so on. The snowflake effects on that stage are purposely very short. Doing one present at a time and waiting for the Ghost to stop is dangerous because it prolongs the game even more, giving the Snowman a chance to catch up with you. Also, you never know where that darn Ghost is going to go next, and it may end up just running towards you anyway!

When I lose control on that level, I usually just run for it; if the Ghost hits me I continue, if the Snowman is coming, I run out the other end of the pen.

By the way, I may not have gotten to the levels that you guys have, but I have completed every single level on every difficulty rank in the Practice Menu. I did that to prove and confirm that all levels at all difficulties are completable.

i would go for 1 present at a time waiting for the ghost to stop moving before grabbing the gift. But everytime he would still then head straight at me and then circle around hitting me no matter where i was standing.

Oooh, that's dangerous! (See above.)

Yes, 1 present at a time is the safest approach.

Sometimes I also spend a lot of time there, sometimes I lose patience and take more risks.

Safe? How so? More time on the level gives more chances to get the Snowman close, which is especially dangerous when you run out of snowflakes. Also, the Ghost is very erratic, so he may still go towards were you are; and when he does, it's hard to shake him because he is so fast. :o

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Safe? How so? More time on the level gives more chances to get the Snowman close, which is especially dangerous when you run out of snowflakes. Also, the Ghost is very erratic, so he may still go towards were you are; and when he does, it's hard to shake him because he is so fast. :o

-dZ.

On the contrary, exactly when you run out of snowflakes in snowflake garden, it's easy to enter the middle and exit it before snowman can hit you.

But it is difficult to grab presents when the ghost is walking. The safest/easiest way is to get only one present for each time you enter and do that when the ghost stops.

Well, in this video I'm always trying to pick 2 presents... :-D

And then I lose patience and at the end I go for all presents, regardless snowman beeing there with me.

• Like 2

On the contrary, exactly when you run out of snowflakes in snowflake garden, it's easy to enter the middle and exit it before snowman can hit you.

But it is difficult to grab presents when the ghost is walking. The safest/easiest way is to get only one present for each time you enter and do that when the ghost stops.

That video is hilarious! :lol:

I do the same, I don't have the patience: I don't really wait for the Ghost to stop, but I go in and out and the the presents that I can. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Well, in this video I'm always trying to pick 2 presents... :-D

And then I lose patience and at the end I go for all presents, regardless snowman beeing there with me.

http://youtu.be/kvIC5KGPzCY

and that video shows what i would do once i got the ghost out. So many times i can have the ghost out but cant get the snowman out when i need to
  • Like 1

What's going on Darrin? DId you lose your mojo? Are you going to try for a Perfect Christmas? How about trying for the "kill screen"? There's still time to get there.

-dZ.

I have been trying for that perfect christmas since the beginning!! That Evil Candy Cove gets me 99 percent of the time, If I make past candy cove, one of the other will get me every time. :mad: :mad:

If Pimp wants to give me one of his five or six he got!! I would take it! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I dont think I`ll ever make it to the kill screen. :_(

• Like 2

I have been trying for that perfect christmas since the beginning!! That Evil Candy Cove gets me 99 percent of the time, If I make past candy cove, one of the other will get me every time. :mad: :mad:

If Pimp wants to give me one of his five or six he got!! I would take it! :grin: :grin: :grin:

i hoard my perfect christmas'!! :) i got 10 last year. Im at 5 right now. Want to get 11 this year. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

Is there any veteran that dares provide a Candy Cove Solution for us mere mortals? ;)

-dZ.

Candy Cove is not bad if your just going for presents.

Getting 'Perfect' on first pass through is also pretty easy, however as the game progresses I just go for presents as the ghost will bump you and you will lose a life.

Pimpmaul69 video is 95% the same as what I do.

• Like 2

Thanks Pimp!!! I've been really struggling to come up with a pattern to get a perfect on levels 5 and 6 Candy Cove.. I'll give your method a try. ;)

My game plan is to go for a high score from here on out, (2K+).. it's going to be next to impossible for me to get the 24 days achievement due to being so busy, so I think I should concentrate on becoming top elite helper elf. :)

• Like 1

Getting 'Perfect' on first pass through is also pretty easy, however as the game progresses I just go for presents as the ghost will bump you and you will lose a life.

i only do this in helper and novice. I only go after presents and snowflakes after that leaving the top right snowflake in case im robbed. I pic up any candy i can in between.
  • Like 1

Thanks Pimp!!! I've been really struggling to come up with a pattern to get a perfect on levels 5 and 6 Candy Cove.. I'll give your method a try. ;)

My game plan is to go for a high score from here on out, (2K+).. it's going to be next to impossible for me to get the 24 days achievement due to being so busy, so I think I should concentrate on becoming top elite helper elf. :)

no problem hope it helps people. Its a terrible level to have to beat. You might have to alter what you do on the bottom depending on where the two baddies are at as i had to alter a little because of the ghost. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 3

Wow, thanks! It's a bit different from what I do, but I like the deliberate path you take in the top chambers. I have gotten perfects on the first Candy Cove, but the second is even worse! :o

Do you have one that works on the second Candy Cove of stage #4?

Can you post some tips on getting "Perfect" on both Candy Coves?

-dZ.

Here is what I do on Candy Cove:

Go left

Go to upper right area collect all candy and presents.

Go to upper left area - pick up all but a few candy in the spot right before entering upper left area. Once in upper left clear out all candy and presents.

Move down to the lower half of the screen, picking up the last couple of candies on the way out.

This part I make up depending on how the snowman / ghost move. It is very much as Pimp has in his video, he just picks up a few more candies before clearing the two top rooms, where I do that after.

I don't have a youtube account, but perhaps there are other sites to post to?

• Like 1

Wow, thanks! It's a bit different from what I do, but I like the deliberate path you take in the top chambers. I have gotten perfects on the first Candy Cove, but the second is even worse! :o

Do you have one that works on the second Candy Cove of stage #4?

Can you post some tips on getting "Perfect" on both Candy Coves?

-dZ.

im not sure which candy cove you are talking about. I do this in the first four candy coves. Then on ranger and up i do the same but only go for presents and grab whatever candies are in my way to the presents. I grab more candies in the bottom than the top cause i have a little more control at that point. Edited by pimpmaul69