IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2015 Championship

DZ-Jay

Two games... both ended in heartache. One was doubly painful...

sad_zps3u7k7n2j.png

Then, when I was rockin' and rollin' and Candy Cove was under my supreme control, I PERFECTED Candy Cove for another Achievement.... but, by the time I had my screen capture thing on, the screen flipped to CandyCove part 2. I was heartbroken.....

Anyway, finished the game... finally lost a life to TOM Bot and his Snowball friend.

1402_zps9jfyft7l.png

Did not beat my high score. :(

• Like 2

Be sure to post your play times to the Classic Gaming Tracker!!!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233350-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2015-season-8/page-41

Last week was an epic week for Carol... If you get your times in now, they'll be counted for this week. :)

i have no clue what day i post the weeks time or what days it starts and ends a week

i have no clue what day i post the weeks time or what days it starts and ends a week

The times are all posted on Monday night. Usually thegoldenband compiles them Monday morning. If you get your Monday-Sunday time in by Sunday night, it gets compiled and posted on the Monday.

For instance, this whole week you've been Saving Christmas (from this past Monday til tonight), you post the time you played TONIGHT, and it gets compiled and posted tomorrow night. :D

Just had the game of my life! 4,244 points. I believe that now puts me back in the lead and earns me a couple achievements too ;)
post-37932-0-00923900-1450684700_thumb.jpgpost-37932-0-45290100-1450684732_thumb.jpg
post-37932-0-06777100-1450684908_thumb.jpg
I practiced my arse off today, that's for sure.. guess it payed off.

Was Soo close to saving Christmas yet a 3rd time but Twisted Toyland got me at the tail end. :mad: :mad: :mad: :_( :P

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 3

Just had the game of my life! 4,244 points. I believe that now puts me back in the lead and earns me a couple achievements too ;)

20151221_023844.jpg 20151221_023849.jpg

20151221_025449.jpg

Was Soo close to saving Christmas yet a 3rd time but Twisted Toyland got me at the tail end. :mad: :mad: :mad: :_( :P

congrats! You are now the lone ranger. :) stupus gets to keep his top spot cause you are now the top spot for ranger. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 2

We have new entries from Shmeg sent via e-mail. Welcome, Shmeg! That's a great score!

Date: 12/21/2015 - 12:22

Score: 387

post-27318-0-57953300-1450698686_thumb.png

Date: 12/21/2015 - 12:52

Score: 1,074

post-27318-0-51949600-1450698696_thumb.png
That's some fantastic improvement there! Keep at it! :)
-dZ.

Yeah DZ already had me try that. Still didnt work.

Mine doesn't do it either..

Sorry about that, guys. I guess there is one version of the cart that was released immediately after CGE that includes the fix to the critical bug, but not the "build screen" yet. The bug that fails to trigger the "kill screen" wasn't discovered until the we sent the PAL recall, which was almost an entire year later.

The only thing I can recommend is to talk to intvnut of LTO and see if he can have your cart re-programmed with the latest version. I can't guarantee he'll do it, but it's Christmas Time, so who knows. :ponder:

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience -- although it is actually an Easter Egg, a freebie, and you are not supposed to expect it. ;)

Technically doesnt this count as kicking it old school? :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well, it actually does, because you are playing it "old-school" on the original console with the original hand-controller. ;)

Then, when I was rockin' and rollin' and Candy Cove was under my supreme control, I PERFECTED Candy Cove for another Achievement.... but, by the time I had my screen capture thing on, the screen flipped to CandyCove part 2. I was heartbroken.....

Oh noes!!!!111one

That's terrible! I know that has happened to me and I then I feel very disappointed because who knows when will I ever achieve that again! :(

That just means you must continue trying, now that you know it is certainly within your reach. :)

attachicon.gif20151221_023844.jpgattachicon.gif20151221_023849.jpg

attachicon.gif20151221_025449.jpg

Was Soo close to saving Christmas yet a 3rd time but Twisted Toyland got me at the tail end. :mad: :mad: :mad::_(:P

CONGRATULATIONS! That is great! You are now, like pimp said, The Lone Ranger. You are at the head of the class of the Elite Ranger Elf group!

Now we need more rangers... Stupus? I hope you are not just camping out on the Helper Rank! :o That would be naughty... Santa not only encourages advancement, but expects it from all his Elite Elves. Better get crackin'!!!

And.....

ccperf_zpsvf1ahbrt.png

May be just because it's the Holidays....But MAN..... I HAVE A SWEET TOOTH!!!!

There you go! CONGRATULATIONS!!! A sweet tooth indeed! :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

I've updated the leaderboard with the latest scores, and the top rankings and stats on the first post.

• grips03 is still sitting pretty at the top of the ranks, with a Yellow score that almost guarantees his crown!!!
  • We have a rookie, Shmeg, flying through Elite Novice Elf ranks like a hot potato...
  • We have a brand new Elite Ranger Elf amidst our ranks, with SiLic0ne t0aD85's latest achievements...
  • We have pimpmaul69 once again burning through the midnight oil, playing like if Christmas did indeed depend on him! (yet, no Yellow score) :o
  • We have stupus hanging out on the top of the Elite Helper Elves ladder, teasing the rookies...
  • There's also our new friend Oprey99er pursuing the lofty halls of the Elite Ranger Elves, conquering his (and everyone's!) nemesis: Candy Cove... :o
  • And finally, our Lady Elf, Miss Nour K., who is waiting for school to be out so that she can concentrate on kicking it Old School! :)

Those are the top rankings at the moment... with 11 days to go, I expect the competition to get fierce soon!

Also, watch this space... Christmas is nearing fast, and that means the Evil Snowman attack is nigh! Santa will surely issue a challenge to all Elves before this Christmas Eve!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 3

Was there no pre-contest riddles this year? I don't remember seeing any riddles to submit the best short-story.. for the Story Teller Achievement.

I didn't get a chance to change the riddles before the contest. I may offer a new set later, after Christmas. In the meantime, the same ones from last year remain.

• Like 1