IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

yeah. its not coming today. under the "stickied" post on their facebook page I saw a couple people asking when it was going live and they deleted the comments.

edit:

Not sure why but those posts I saw are back so maybe they did not delete them. Still don't think its coming today.

Edited by mickcris
  • Like 6

"Everything was going as planned, the fpga performed flawlessly, shell colors were locked in, I had contacts lined up around the block begging to be included in this super awesome (mis)ad-venture...

Then, someone started a rumor(totally false,I might add, they the prototype, which cost thousands of my personal monies, was a fake. To make matters worse, a friend from the past, who I thought I could trusted, (Looking at pipercub) went on atariage and said some things which were, quite frank, bizarre, and false.

The hate smear campaign caught the eye of kickstarter, and they we I decided it would be best to wait.

Not that I couldn't proove all of you wrong right now, but the timing isn't quite right. I am really perplexed why nobody seems to recognize the simple genious of my ideas. This could have been ginormous for everyone (especially me) well it's your loss."

• Like 10

I am considering whether to start a new thread once the Kickstarter actually begins.

..Al

Dang, I wouldn't be in all that big a hurry. Everyone is enjoying this thread. Life is too short for multiple threads. All we are doing is speculation here. Yet this is still fun.

• Like 2

"...you just wait until April, I'll debut the Magnavox Monolith, Chicago Cubs World Series Champion edition! It will be even more ginormouser with an astounding 65,000 colors (the shell, not the display) it will make all the haters weep with power! It will fold laundry and find lost socks! The processors is faster than a speeding bullet! But I don't want too give to much away, so you'll have to wait for the official announcement on the First of that month"

• Like 3

I am considering whether to start a new thread once the Kickstarter actually begins.

..Al

That would be a good idea, if the Kickstarter happens or if the whole project is cancelled, as there shouldn't be any need for 'hardware speculations' at that point.

It doesn't look like a Kickstarter will happen any time soon; their Twitter and Facebook have been silent (neither posts nor comments) for 4 days. They could crowdfund a the money to build a prototype (Kickstarter is fine with that), but that would be difficult now as it would involve admitting that they never had a prototype.

Edited by galax
  • Like 5

..Al

It could be a good idea for those who want completely up-to-date and relevant stuff.

The first one will be the "IndieGoGo-era thread", this one will be the "Pre-Kickstarter-era thread" and then the new "Kickstarter-era thread". Quite a treasure trove in 3 parts for the videogame historians! :-D

• Like 2