IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

It doesn't look like a Kickstarter will happen any time soon; their Twitter and Facebook have been silent (neither posts nor comments) for 4 days. They could crowdfund a the money to build a prototype (Kickstarter is fine with that), but that would be difficult now as it would involve admitting that they never had a prototype.

post-2410-0-63514700-1456502902_thumb.png

• Like 2

The worse of all is that no Facebook comments are being deleted. There's something really serious going on. Something has changed.

I was wrong when I thought that they had deleted a couple earlier, but i'm pretty sure they have started deleting some now. There were a bunch of posts by an Alan Davies that were pretty negative and some others that have disappeared.

This is unrelated, but I got word last night that Atgames is working on a SNES FGPA. Trust Worthy source in the classic gaming products industry.

Very cool! An FPGA SNES with a 128MByte worth of built-in games would probably appeal to a lot of the folks that hang around here.

I hate to think what the final cost would be ... and "is working on" is a very, very long way from "has finished" ... but definitely great info, thanks!

Personally ... I'd much rather have whatever Kevtris comes up with, or stick with the evolving open-system guys like MiST.

If Mike doesn't launch his campaign today, I'm gonna steal his thunder and launch my Atari 10400 console, nicknamed the "Atari 10-4", A CB radio video game console designed for lonely truckers who spend too much time on the road. Games featured will be mostly simulations, "My ol' Dog, Scratch", "Ma" and "Transvestite Truck Stop Hooker".

• Like 4

The worse of all is that no Facebook comments are being deleted. There's something really serious going on. Something has changed.

Last post from them on their FB is from 22nd where they say that they'll clear up the SNES allegations come KS (i.e, today).

Last tweet from the 23rd when they answer identically to the same question.

Yes. Something is definetly up. Sure, they kept awfully quiet the weeks before the Coleco-deal too but that didn't involve these SNES allegations or their Kickstarter rewards.

• Like 1

I was wrong when I thought that they had deleted a couple earlier, but i'm pretty sure they have started deleting some now. There were a bunch of posts by an Alan Davies that were pretty negative and some others that have disappeared.

You're right this time. Comments started disappearing. Mike has woken up. Let's see now...

• Like 1

People can delete their own Facebook comments, which also deletes any 'child' replies. Some of those could account for what looks like moderation.

• Like 1