IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

This is unrelated, but I got word last night that Atgames is working on a SNES FGPA. Trust Worthy source in the classic gaming products industry.

I'm going to verify with AtGames. This would be the absolute first I'm hearing of it and it really doesn't seem like it would jibe with the types of discussions we've been having. In any case, I'll know for sure soon (would be nice if true).

EDIT: Confirmed. Another system on a chip like the Genesis product.

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 11

I'm going to verify with AtGames. This would be the absolute first I'm hearing of it and it really doesn't seem like it would jibe with the types of discussions we've been having. In any case, I'll know for sure soon (would be nice if true).

Confirm it is an FPGA? Or just an AtGames SNES clone

• Like 1

Confirm it is an FPGA? Or just an AtGames SNES clone

I really can't discuss it anymore than what I posted, i.e., system on a chip like their Genesis product, with the same potential for different form factors (console and handheld). The SOAC is still under active development. If additional leaks come from someone else, that's fine, but I obviously can't be the source of any leaks.

And to be fair, it's still morning for "SoCal" Mike for another 2 hours.

You're assuming that SoCal Mike lives in SoCal. At this point, I don't think where he's living the sky is even the same color as it is for the rest of us.

Edited by atm94404
  • Like 2

There's a lovin' in your eyes all the way.
If I listen to your lies,
Would you say I'm a man without conviction,
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction?
You come and go, you come and go.

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma, chameleon,
Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams:
Red, gold, and green, red, gold, and green.

Didn't you hear your wicked words ever'y day.
And you used to be so sweet.
I heard you say that my love was an addiction.
When we cling, our love is strong.
When you go, you're gone forever.
You string along, you string along.

Ev'ry day is like survival.
You're my lover, not my rival.

Ev'ry day is like survival.
You're my lover, not my rival.

I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sale a contradiction?

• Like 1

Welp. Life goes on, I'm off to class. Try not to burn the house down while I'm out.

"has the ability play"

"standards set by the "original" COLCEO"

Based on the care given to the scant information presented thus far, I speculate that the newly renamed RetroVGS hardware will be a fire hazard, when it works at all.

Anyone else smell smoke?

• Like 1

Well, my first post in THIS thread...had a few others in the other, closed thread, but have been lurking on this one for the last two months.

Anyway, as the supposed KS Day has come, I just wanted to thank Pipercub, UK Mike, Triverse, Ian (pxlsicle), and others for covering this and the warning signs that have been noted at Toy Fair. I appreciate all the effort to get the word out for those of us who can't follow it too closely. Keep up the good fight, guys!

Someone contact GameEscape (StopDrop&Retro...looking at you!) and have him get another Nostalgia SH-IT video up and going! :-D

• Like 7

Nice, Tell them we got SNES games if they want for their PNP; We also have about 19 Genesis games, and about 10-15 or so coming. Also about 17 NES games coming.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 5

I really can't discuss it anymore than what I posted, i.e., system on a chip like their Genesis product, with the same potential for different form factors (console and handheld). The SOAC is still under active development. If additional leaks come from someone else, that's fine, but I obviously can't be the source of any leaks.

Wow so they totally kept you out of the loop on the SNES product until you asked them about it? Shame you had to find out 5th hand from someone outside the company on an internet forum about the upcoming product from a company you are supposed to be working so closely with. :?

• Like 3