IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

It absolutely deserved all the flak it got, if not more. I'm glad we all had a hand in repulsing this attempt to cash in on us and people like us (and folks that didn't know any better).

Yes. I completely agree. If that's one thing I hate is people dissing and abusing my hobbies. And that's what was done here. Gamers were played for fools. A fool to fatten someone else's pocket. A fool to finance someone else's business.

• Like 1

Cause Mike is unprofessional, plus I don't think he actually believes he is lying

I think that as well, the thinks it will all come good in the end so why not just say the deals are signed and sealed, and the hardware is ready, right now?

Would takes years to program all the features he wanted just on the software side, especially all the Cores he promised.

Hardware platform should of been easy to do since it mainly just a SOC with a ARM/FGPA with HDMI and USB ports and a cartiage slot

To Mike, both hardware and software are easy- that's stuff for the brainiacs on the nerd patrol to worry about later on. Mere hired proles who will just crank out hardware and software to implement Mike's vision, and be given none of the profits. It's selling this thing that's important, getting people on board, handshake deals, making connections.

• Like 6

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/8/11180670/coleco-chameleon-terminated-retrovgs-closed-down

"Thomann said engineers contacted by a River West representative examined the console "and we weren't satisfied with it.""

"We thought it would be an originally developed console, and the indications were that it just wasn't."

Not a hint of an AA mention :/

You expect them to do stuff like go to primary sources when there are perfectly good inaccurate Tweets floating around?

lolygon-5fb9x.png

• Like 11

http://retrovgs.com/

Now that it doesn't seem to be in use anymore, somebody needs to scoop up this domain name and save it for the documentary that will inevitably be made about this glorious mess.

The domain is registered until Febuary 2018, so unless Mike relinquishes it we will have to wait until then to scoop it up if he fails to renew:

Domain Name: RETROVGS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Updated Date: 16-apr-2015
Creation Date: 15-feb-2015
Expiration Date: 15-feb-2018
  • Like 2

I do wonder what Mike ultimately ended up showing them. It sounds like it could have been anything.

And the thread title is once again relevant - speculation on WTF MK offered up to Coleco.

#TeamKeepThreadUnlocked

• Like 7

The domain is registered until Febuary 2018, so unless Mike relinquishes it we will have to wait until then to scoop it up if he fails to renew:

Domain Name: RETROVGS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Updated Date: 16-apr-2015
Creation Date: 15-feb-2015
Expiration Date: 15-feb-2018

So the carts were supposed to last 50 years, but not the domain?

• Like 8

I don't see anything about cornering a market.

"Cornering the Market on RETRO Gaming"

Yah..ok.. even that speaks of a big ego. No one single entity can "corner" the retrogaming market. It's too big and too diverse.

Maybe me and my box of emulators could, but even then it's a mighty beast!!!!!

• Like 1

So the carts were supposed to last 50 years, but not the domain?

Haha, nice, but a domain can only be registered for 10 years max. If you want a website to last forever, you need to start an organisation that will persist and maintain it. Or use Geocities or whatever else is in fashion at the time ;)

My F5 key is almost broken.

AutoHotKey can solve that :)

Loop
{
Run, http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?view=getnewpost
Sleep 60000 
}

If I invested a tiny bit of time, I could technically even make it scroll the page slowly and then proceed to the next page. Wonder if Albert would let me pull all the posts and make an audio book out of this thread ...lol Edited by Phillyman
  • Like 2

If I had any Photoshop skills, I would rotate the photograph Jaguar Shell so that the flat side was on the bottom, making it look like a tombstone and print on it (in the Coleco-trademarked rainbow lettering) something like this :

Coleco Chameleon

December 17, 2015 to March 8, 2016

Rest in Peace :

"There Shall be Another Day

When All Lovers of Cartridge Games

Shall Come Together Again!"

Edited by Great Hierophant

Well, it finally came to an end (u suppose).

I'll be looking forward to the next episode of the CU Podcast. Something tells me it will be great hahah.

And i think the side-drama (involving the youtubers) will now be the main show.

• Like 3

Well, it finally came to an end (u suppose).

I'll be looking forward to the next episode of the CU Podcast. Something tells me it will be great hahah.

Yeah this incident literally ruined friendships

• Like 2

If I had any Photoshop skills, I would rotate the photograph Jaguar Shell so that the flat side was on the bottom, making it look like a tombstone and print on it (in the Coleco-trademarked rainbow lettering) something like this :

Coleco Chameleon

December 17, 2015 to March 8, 2016

Rest in Peace :

"There Shall be Another Day

When All Lovers of Cartridge Games

Shall Come Together Again!"

"Remember When. I failed again."
  • Like 16

That is something I look forward to!

That is something I hope will die with the Chameleon right now.

• Like 2