IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

At least I was contacted by one of the buyers due to Pat and Ians Video. the one who bought the Donkey Kong. He is converting it into a Mini Mame Machine which is cool! He wanted to send me something for my loss which I told him that was not necessary but appreciate the offer. He has not gotten a refund either.....Big Surprise. Most likely will not see anything now especially after I posted my vid, Mike probably feels he is entitled to the ill gotten gains.

Oh well, moving on.....

Caught in another lie, will he never learn. Also, the guy who bought the Galaxian left him positive feedback, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=socalvideogames&ftab=AllFeedback, so perhaps he may be able to be tracked down and told what he received is not what was advertised.

I actually personally know the Japan Retro Direct guy (we were even in Boy Scouts together growing up, though he is a few years older than me; he lives in Japan now). He's also part of the Famicom Dojo podcast/youtube channel. I feel like I should give him a heads-up.

Famicom Dojo did an interview with Mike early on during the Retro VGS saga too. I'm sure he knows plenty about Mike but I don't blame him for using GameGavel, especially if he's turning a profit and (likely) selling without paying fees.

• Like 2

Holy Hockenshite Batman!

Hopefully I never see him in the east.

He'll have an embarrassing coffee accident, that much I vaguely insinuate for the sake of ambiguous denial.

So, now I can't find 'socalvideogames' as an ID on ebay.

Okay, no idea why searching by username didn't work on advanced search.

But... I found the earlier link and that works.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/socalvideogames/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Yes, I'm agreeing to Greasetrap of Humanity.

Edited by RupanIII

Famicom Dojo did an interview with Mike early on during the Retro VGS saga too. I'm sure he knows plenty about Mike but I don't blame him for using GameGavel, especially if he's turning a profit and (likely) selling without paying fees.

Yeah. It's hard to go back and listen to that, knowing everything Kennedy's saying is horseshit. It's even worse knowing that's an old friend of yours buying into it, but he had us all fooled for at least a little while. Vinnk and I don't really keep in touch--we catch up once in a while--so I'm not sure what his stance is now, but he must be making/saving some money with GameGavel, somehow. Vinnk's far and away GG's biggest seller; he may be almost single-handedly supporting GG by virtue of his own social media and networking; JRD's Facebook page is very active.

• Like 2

Caught in another lie, will he never learn. Also, the guy who bought the Galaxian left him positive feedback, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=socalvideogames&ftab=AllFeedback, so perhaps he may be able to be tracked down and told what he received is not what was advertised.

Hard to track someone down when eBay blocks out the users name.

One way around that is to go to the the seller's feedback left for others and simply look for a buyer from the auctions time frame with the same feedback #. You can then see that person's full eBay name.

Unfortunately that only works if the SELLER leaves feedback for the buyer. Mike never left feedback for any recent auctions.

Hey Willie, did you see this? Your going to get sandwiches! https://www.gofundme.com/29paa5g

Haha, that is great! I feel like an idiot for thinking maybe we could give him benefit of the doubt (many many pages back), or the ways he could come back from this if it were just a unfortunate set of circumstances. After what happened to Willie.....Willies got a big heart, and seeing this new part playing out.....man, I just hope karma comes back on Mike, and Willie at least gets lots of new viewers checking out his work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Hey Willie, did you see this? Your going to get sandwiches! https://www.gofundme.com/29paa5g

Yep :), I really appreciate the thought and the outpouring of support I have been getting from the community. I am so happy to be part of it :). I really dont feel right getting money on this fundme site, I asked the person that started it if any money raised be used for a charity like Extra Life or something :)

Also the person that contacted me that bought the Donkey Kong kept insisting on sending me something from his collection, I finally agreed with the caveat I can use whatever he sends me as a prize at a show or contest I hold on my Arcade USA channel :) will post of pic what he sends me, also I have it arranged for him to send me pics on his Coleco Tabletop Mini Mame machine project as well. i will be sharing it on the the Arcade USA Facebook page as he progresses along.

Seeing the positive feedback on the Galaxian you guys noticed tells me no refund was given as I was promised would happen. I also expect I probably will never get my Frogger and Bandia Block Out back from him either now that this story has gone all over. I am watching Ebay for them :)

• Like 11

Frankly, I'm also pretty disgusted with organizations like SC3 in Southern California that continue to welcome him with open arms to their meetings as a distinguished guest while seemingly ignoring the fraud he attempted to commit with the Chameleon twice on crowdfunding sites and again at the ToyFair.

I'm in the SC3 group and I think there's a few reasons why Mike Kennedy is still able to show up to the meetings.

- Kennedy is long time friends with the founders of SC3. The Coleco Chameleon debacle was briefly mentioned in the FB group, but they gave the usual benefit of the doubt to their long time friend.

- The vast majority of the members there are out of the loop with Kennedy's shady dealings. Heck, quite a few people I know from the group don't even actually know who Kennedy is.

- For the members who do know, they either don't want to cause a scene by confronting Kennedy or they simply don't care about the "drama".

I can't say everyone is welcoming him with open arms, but I feel its more like an "elephant in the room" situation and no one wants to bring it up. He won't get banned from SC3 until he screws over one of the founding members. Sure they're long time friends, but we all know that doesn't mean a damn thing when we consider Kennedy's recent actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he screws over someone in SC3 soon and when that happens, I hope that gets him banned from the group.

Edited by F1MidBoss
  • Like 2

Just got confirmation the buyers were refunded by Mike showing the email sent to the buyers and the refunds (it has their actual names on it so I dont want to pass it around) They were refunded yesterday (June 15th, 2016).

I will confirm with the one guy that contacted me that purchased the Donkey Kong which I normally would not have done in the past (trusting what is told to me). The emails sent to the buyers was on June 8th with a promise to refund by that friday the 10th, which ended up being the 15th. But no big deal, I am relieved that the buyers know what they have and got their payment back. I hope the galaxian continues to hold up for the one buyer and they get lost of enjoyment out of it. If it breaks, maybe they can find me and I can repair it again :)

At this time I am writing off the Frogger and Bandai Block out and moving on to better things and put all this behind me :) I will continue to watch Ebay to make sure the Frogger is not sold as it is repaired as well.

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 12

Just got confirmation the buyers were refunded by Mike showing the email sent to the buyers and the refunds (it has their actual names on it so I dont want to pass it around) They were refunded yesterday (June 15th, 2016).

I will confirm with the one guy that contacted me that purchased the Donkey Kong which I normally would not have done in the past (trusting what is told to me). The emails sent to the buyers was on June 8th with a promise to refund by that friday the 10th, which ended up being the 15th. But no big deal, I am relieved that the buyers know what they have and got their payment back. I hope the galaxian continues to hold up for the one buyer and they get lost of enjoyment out of it. If it breaks, maybe they can find me and I can repair it again :)

At this time I am writing off the Frogger and Bandai Block out and moving on to better things and put all this behind me :) I will continue to watch Ebay to make sure the Frogger is not sold as it is repaired as well.

I just want to point out that your actions here are the very definition of "community." While the buyers may not be Atari Age members, or may be raging collctards, you have gone out of your way, aside from the personal interest to reacquire the units, to make sure the buyers are taken care of properly, get their refunds, and made aware of the true condition of the units that Kennedy lied about.

All because you don't want people out there to pay good money and get swindled. That's COMMMUNITY.

Reseller/collectards out there who are mystified when we bring up the problems you bring to the hobby, take note of this. You poison the COMMUNITY. People like thevnaguy and others like him who love the subject matter and contribute to the hobby are what makes all this enjoyable, and your behavior destroys it.

• Like 13

I'm in the SC3 group and I think there's a few reasons why Mike Kennedy is still able to show up to the meetings.

- Kennedy is long time friends with the founders of SC3. The Coleco Chameleon debacle was briefly mentioned in the FB group, but they gave the usual benefit of the doubt to their long time friend.

- The vast majority of the members there are out of the loop with Kennedy's shady dealings. Heck, quite a few people I know from the group don't even actually know who Kennedy is.

- For the members who do know, they either don't want to cause a scene by confronting Kennedy or they simply don't care about the "drama".

I can't say everyone is welcoming him with open arms, but I feel its more like an "elephant in the room" situation and no one wants to bring it up. He won't get banned from SC3 until he screws over one of the founding members. Sure they're long time friends, but we all know that doesn't mean a damn thing when we consider Kennedy's recent actions. I wouldn't be surprised if he screws over someone in SC3 soon and when that happens, I hope that gets him banned from the group.

It looks like to me that SC3 is a loose association of like-minded people. It may be that one guy runs the webpage, one guy runs the Facebook account (or one guy does both), but ultimately people come and go from the group as they please. If the person who owns the meeting site says "Mike Kennedy is not allowed here", then things would really get interesting. I think there are two meetings a year, there are worse things than having to shun him personally twice in a year.

I honestly didn't think he could sink any lower. I'm sorry I ever gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The nice thing about people like Mike is that eventually they screw over the wrong person. It's going to happen eventually, at the rate he's burning people it's only a matter of time.

• Like 4

Mike apparently donated to Willie's Sandwich Fund (For Charity)

"For the record. Once it was brought to my attention these were refurbished I immediately emailed the buyers and have since issued them both refunds. I also told Willie I would pay him for them but he insisted that he didn't want the money and to just refund the buyers. Over the many years Willie and I have given/traded many things back and forth and in addition, I've given him a platform to promote his Youtube channels and podcasts. When I give something to someone it is theirs to do whatever they please, no strings attached. Either way, this is an opportunity to make this right with Willie as I always intended once he contacted me privately about it."

It's always a defensive half apology

• Like 8

Mike apparently donated to Willie's Sandwich Fund (For Charity)

"For the record. Once it was brought to my attention these were refurbished I immediately emailed the buyers and have since issued them both refunds. I also told Willie I would pay him for them but he insisted that he didn't want the money and to just refund the buyers. Over the many years Willie and I have given/traded many things back and forth and in addition, I've given him a platform to promote his Youtube channels and podcasts. When I give something to someone it is theirs to do whatever they please, no strings attached. Either way, this is an opportunity to make this right with Willie as I always intended once he contacted me privately about it."

It's always a defensive half apology

Someone should start a GoFundMe to give Mike a foot-long. He deserves it.

• Like 2