IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

phoenixdownita, on 17 Jun 2016 - 6:19 PM, said:

That ship sailed long ago .....

Remember When.

2M US$

Play Again.

2M US$

Touche!

I should have said I don't want him scamming people for the necessities of life, like Food and Shelter....I prefer to think of his scamming as consumer discretionary scamming... :grin:

Just found a cause to donate the money to from the GoFundMe campaign that was done for me. Team Pixelboy is doing a series of budget titles (17 games @ 29.95 each) for the ColecoVision that can be preordered for 9 dollars, this 9 dollars goes direct to NanoChess for his family (wife diagnosed with lung cancer, baby had to be delivered prematurly).

I plan on buying a couple of the games myself, but I have PM'd Nanochess (Oscar, who is awesome in the ColecoVision Community!) directly so I can send the proceeds from the GoFundMe to him and his family.

Here is the post by Team Pixelboy if you want to read about everything. I just wanted to let all now where the money is now going :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252786-team-pixelboy-news-bulletin-may-19th-2016/

• Like 17

Luck of the draw that I picked "Ruiner" for the game we played at the Jag Bar, who would have known. Ruiner.... unbelievable that that's the name of the game we played.

Ruined business, ruined friendships, ruined name in the retro gaming world.

Just when I think this is over, it just keep on going.

• Like 15

More amazingly, I don't know how I never noticed he was also D.A.R.Y.L., Since I saw both of those movies many times as a kid.

Oh my god, I had completely forgotten about that movie and his amazing Pole Position skills!

• Like 1

Anyone remember what happened in real life to the main character of the film adaptation?

If you are talking about the actor who played the character in the second movie, Jonathan Brandis, he went on to star in both SeaQuest tv series, The "Ladybugs" movie for disney that starred Rodney Dangerfield, and few other things. but sadly he lost the battle with his personal demons and committed suicide in 2003

• Like 1

Anyone remember what happened in real life to the main character of the film adaptation?

If you're talking about the kid from the third film (aka the "Free Willy" kid), he's still around and acting. However, he's almost unrecognizeable.

Edited by Cernex
  • Like 2

MagnaRyuu, on 21 Jun 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

If you are talking about the actor who played the character in the second movie, Jonathan Brandis, he went on to star in both SeaQuest tv series, The "Ladybugs" movie for disney that starred Rodney Dangerfield, and few other things. but sadly he lost the battle with his personal demons and committed suicide in 2003

Wait a minute! You're telling me there was a Second and even a Third Never Ending Story movie? (I gotta get out more) ... :sad:

Wait a minute! You're telling me there was a Second and even a Third Never Ending Story movie? (I gotta get out more) ... :sad:

I recommend keeping your fond memories of The Never Ending Story by not getting out more because the other two movies won't blow your balls off but they may need a good debuffing after.

• Like 2

I recommend keeping your fond memories of The Never Ending Story by not getting out more because the other two movies won't blow your balls off but they may need a good debuffing after.

The second wasn't too bad. The third on the other hand is a bit painful to watch.