IGNORED

Video Game Hell

BassGuitari

You pop in a cart and power it on only to find out the screen says you have pirated games and have committed a crime. I'll never forget in 1995 it happened to me. I was going to play Super Mario All Stars and the screen from the top video was shown. I was like wtf :lol:

I have a Super 8 for the SNES and I get those messages when I use the device with certain Nintendo-made carts.

In video game hell, every pirated game will feature this video:

• Like 1

This thread is not complete without my renditions of "Sammy Classic Nintendo/Sonic Fanboy" and "Mariotehplumber".

attachicon.gif1451499355775483249002.jpg

attachicon.gif1451499387075-340741900.jpg

Mariotehplumber moves out of his moma's basement and into your house, and you are forced to share your game collection with him and pray he doesn't destroy something of yours during one of his fits of rage. :mad:

Your name is Mariotehplumber and your local Target has isle after isle filled with nothing but Rosalina Amiibos... :rolling:

• Like 2

How about a modern high definition console that plays only sports and violent FPS games? Funny thing it actually exists, and Microsoft has released three consecutive consoles so far. Well at least if the advertisements are any indication of what's available. Zero of those fancy games interest me in the slightest. No wonder the Japanese keep rejecting them. Besides MS being an outsider, Nintendo has more fun, and Sony has more variety. Xbox has neither... :P

I have an xbox 360. I love it. I don't like sports games, and I hate playing FPS on a Controller. I still have hundreds of good games to Play on the 360. I'll cut you some slack because MS has no clue as to how to make a Videogame console, and much less about making games for it. But nowadays it's so easy to make a console that even they can make something People can make good games for.

The xbox 360 with games for Windows live during 3 years game me incredible bang for the buck.

The JAPANESE Scrolling shooters are mostly xbox 360 exclusive. Go figure... I don't understand why to this day.

The xbox 360 is one of the best consoles of all time. It's very far from being gaming hell. But any xbox fanboy will actually make it seem like gaming hell, because when you ask:

What's good about the xbox 360?

They'll answer

Gears of war and Halo.

So yeah. Not as bad as toumb raider reboot, but pretty Close. And MS bought exclusivity to the new toumb raider, so as far as their efforts go they're trying to make it hell as much as they can. They even tried to make Kinect obligatory. Well, if that's not gaming hell I don't know what is. Clueless idiots.

Edited by leods

You pop in a cart and power it on only to find out the screen says you have pirated games and have committed a crime. I'll never forget in 1995 it happened to me. I was going to play Super Mario All Stars and the screen from the top video was shown. I was like wtf :lol:

Do these secret anti-copy messages display when dumped on a Retro Freak? That would be a cool Easter Egg for sure! :ahoy:

For whatever reason, Sony considered us Euros to be more prone to pirating games.

As seen in many games on the Cutting Room Floor (a site that expose hidden stuff in games, leftovers from early development, and other stuff) Many Playstation games contain a warning screen, but European games are the only game where this screen is ALWAYS displayed (just after boot) :

Sony_PlayStation_Video_Piracy_(1995).png

(Unless I've been told wrong and this screen also pop up botting US games as well, so in this case just stone me to death)

Being stuck with the average YouTube let's-player as my only companion for all eternity.

I usually enjoy watching Youtube let's plays of classic games. If they suck, it makes me feel better about my own gaming abilities. If they're good, I'm impressed, and I might learn something.

Edited by mbd30

There are stores in Japan named Hard-Off selling used video games, where the same music plays over and over again. Being an employee and listening to that song must drive them crazy- unless they wear earplugs.

m1j56DL.jpg

Or the employees are deaf, they can easily ignore annoying music. You guys could be blaring Justin Bieber song or Barney song right in my bedroom and I'd still have no problem sleeping. By the time anyone gets any sound loud enough to annoy me, you'd end up pissing off everyone within half mile and get thousand citations for noise complaints.

Gaming Hell

You wake up on Christmas Day. You rush to open your presents. Your present is your favorite, greatest console EVER! You also got the games for it you wanted more than anything else! You hook it all up so you can play, and the system doesn't work.

Since it's Christmas Day, there's no option to return it that day. You can't play the games you so dearly want to play. You keep trying to get the system to work during the day, hoping against hope that something will be different this time, but you always get the same dead screen.

The day passes painfully as you wait for tomorrow and the chance to trade in the system for a working one. You go to bed, and restlessly toss and turn because TOMORROW you will finally be able to enjoy those games.

You wake up on Christmas Day. You rush to open your presents. Your present is your favorite, greatest console EVER! You also got the games for it you wanted more than anything else! You hook it all up so you can play, and the system doesn't work.

Since it's Christmas Day, there's no option to return it that day. You can't play the games you so dearly want to play. You keep trying to get the system to work during the day, hoping against hope that something will be different this time, but you always get the same dead screen.

The day passes painfully as you wait for tomorrow and the chance to trade in the system for a working one. You go to bed, and restlessly toss and turn because TOMORROW you will finally be able to enjoy those games.

• Like 3