IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2016 (Season 9)

PC (Windows)

Quake - 320 minutes

Quake II - 200 minutes

Quake III Arena - 200 minutes

Yep, it was a Quake week for me. I dug out my copies of the three games and installed them on Windows - Quake I was the only one which I really needed a Source Port or any of that to run (I used GLQuake) and the other two ran just fine by themselves. For I and II I ended up playing through the campaign, and III I just messed around with bots - I've never been the best at online in the game, and my attempts in newer versions of III Arena like Quake Live are pretty bad most of the time. I'm throwing my times down a little bit earlier as I'm going on a trip (got to leave in an hour and a half or so), and apart from my PocketCHIP loaded with DOOM, Stella, and Mednafen I have about nothing for games, and while I'll be looking for more to get I probably won't be playing many so I doubt I'll have much time for next week.

Edited by BurritoBeans
  • Like 5

TI-99/4A:

Ambulance (25 minutes)

Aperture (50 minutes)

Barrage (20 minutes)

Chisolm Trail (10 minutes)

Computer War (35 minutes)

Henhouse (60 minutes)

Jedi Gauntlet-Demo (15 minutes)

Rabbit Trail (20 minutes)

Snake Plissken-Demo (30 minutes)

Space Trek (45 minutes)

St. Nick (10 minutes)

Strike Three! (15 minutes)

TI Trek (30 minutes)

TI Invaders (20 minutes)

Tombstone City (20 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (240 minutes)

Game Boy Color:

Mickey's Racing Adventure (50 minutes)

Game Boy:

Baseball (20 minutes)

Intellivision:

Christmas Carol (20 minutes)

Apple //:

Oregon Trail (20 minutes)

Wizardry (70 minutes)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 6

Apart from Megamania, which was played for Space Weeks in the High Score Club, I had a little time to test some new finds:

Atari 2600

Megamania: 15 min

NES

The Adventures of Bayou Billy: 6 min

Track & Field II: 8 min

Sega Master System

Sega Chess: 8 min

The Cyber Shinobi: 6 min

Sega Mega Drive

Alien Storm: 5 min

Micky Mouse & Donald Duck – World of Illusion: 8 min

Stay away from "The Cyber Shinobi". Glitchy, intense flickering, bad scrolling, terrible controls. There are so many great games with the word "Shinobi" in them, but this certainly isn't one of them. World of Illusion isn't my cup of tea either. Kinda slow.

• Like 5

So my son and daughter decided to play a crap ton of VCS today...

20160731_112308_zpsfw1ais3i.jpg

VCS:

Adventure (5 minutes)

Air-Sea Battle (25 minutes)

Berzerk (5 minutes)

GORF (15 minutes)

Oink! (15 minutes)

Midnight Magic (15 minutes)

Ms. Pac Man (10 minutes)

Pac Man (5 minutes)

Space Shuttle (1 minute)

Worm War I (10 minutes)

Fun times.

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (July 25th through 31st)...

Arcade:

Mario Bros. - 14 min.

Commodore 64:

Save New York - 411 min. in 8 sessions

Online (non-eligible):

Solitaire Racer - 84 min. in 4 sessions

There wasn't much variety in my gaming this week. I abandoned Mario Bros. after another short play of the original version in favor of "Save New York" after watching some footage of the 911 attacks. According to a longplay on Youtube, "Save New York" should have 5 levels, however after completing Level 5, I pressed the fire button, and another level started which I didn't manage to complete, so I don't know if it's Level 5 again or Level 6. I spent much more time on this game that I would have liked to, however I then shortened my sessions to about 30 minutes each so that I also get to do other things like preparing for the MRT tomorrow morning.

• Like 5

Here is what I played during the week.

Arcade/Mame:

Lunar Rescue: 25 Minutes

Mario Bros. 40 Minutes

Donkey Kong Jr: 10 Minutes

Donkey Kong 2 Jumpman Returns: 10 Minutes

Tempest: 5 Minutes

Vs. Super Mario Bros: 45 Minutes

Asteroids: 5 Minutes

Phoenix: 15 Minutes

Gyruss: 25 Minutes

Berzerk: 10 Minutes

Frenzy: 10 Minutes

Space Invaders: 5 Minutes

Rolling Thunder: 20 Minutes

Cabal: 30 Minutes

Tapper: 5 Minutes

Section Z: 20 Minutes

Tron: 10 Minutes

NES:

Castlevania: 35 Minutes

• Like 5

ARCADE:

Battlezone - 5 minutes

Centipede - 5 minutes

Tempest - 10 minutes

(Played from Atari Anniversary Advance on Gameboy Advance Emulator)

ATARI 2600:

Amidar - 55 minutes

Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em - 5 minutes

Missile Command - 60 minutes

Sinistar [prototype] - 10 minutes

Space Invaders - 5 minutes

Space Treat Deluxe - 20 minutes

(All games played on Stella, except Missile Command which I played on Atari 7800 Prosystem Console)

ATARI 5200:

Countermeasure - 14 minutes

Dig Dug - 60 minutes

Jungle Hunt - 1 minute

Pac-Man - 12 minutes

Zaxxon - 5 minutes

(All games played on Altirra)

ATARI 7800:

Astro Blaster - 10 minutes

Astro Fighter - 10 minutes

Centipede - 1 minute

Pole Position II - 58 minutes

(Used Prosystem Emulator and MESS to play these games)

SNES:

Ms. Pac-Man - 10 minutes

(Played from ZSNES Emulator)

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 6

My times for the week:

NES:
Action 52 - 516 min.
Rackets & Rivals - 3 min.
Rocket Ranger - 2 min.
Game Boy:
Double Dragon II - 10 min.
Beat two very difficult platformers from Action 52, Haunted Hill (aka Haunted Halls) and Billy Bob. Haunted Hill was believed by some to be impossible without savestates, but I actually thought Billy Bob was much harder until I discovered that you get infinite continues from Level 3 on, thanks to a quirk of the way the game is programmed.
They're two of the cart's more ambitious games, but both suffer from severe problems of the usual sort: controls, unavoidable random deaths, etc. It took no small amount of luck to complete Haunted Hill, but it's pretty satisfying to polish off a game that others thought impossible to complete. :D
I also played through Double Dragon II on Easy, which gives an abbreviated game. It was, well, quite easy -- except for one enemy that punted 2 of my character's 3 lives into a nearby abyss until I got things back together.

This tracker just grows and grows. I think the least we could do is to crowdfund a nice cake for Thegoldenband.

Aww, you're too kind! :D

• Like 7

All of my gaming went to Hand of Fates (XOne) this week. I probably played it more than 15 hours tbh. I beat the Dealer though which is basically the end of the campaign, so I'm "free" to move on to other games again.

I can't recommend the game enough. It is a cross between a deck building card game and an action RPG.

• Like 4

Sneaking in late after a very long day of doctors appointments and getting preparations complete for the misses' birthday party tomorrow, but it looks like I still made it in time! :)

e3nEKUs.jpg

Ineligible

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition (Nintendo Wii) - 1,127 minutes

Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol (Nintendo DS) - 14 minutes

Game Boy
Jurassic Park - 176 minutes

Missile Command - 23 minutes

Paperboy - 54 minutes

Game Boy Color
Tomb Raider: Starring Lara Croft - 28 minutes

PlayStation
Alien Trilogy - 140 minutes
Spider: The Video Game - 122 minutes

Spyro the Dragon - 478 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
2,162 minutes (36 hours 2 minutes) [1,021 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Wii: 1,127 minutes

PlayStation: 740 minutes

Game Boy: 253 minutes

Game Boy Color: 28 minutes

Nintendo DS: 14 minutes

This week marked the first time in longer than I can remember (possibly ever, since I started participating in the tracker at least) that I managed to log over 1,000 minutes in one game in a single week, but the phenomenal Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition for the Nintendo Wii was just too good to put down! Though it was unfortunately ineligible for the tracker I still thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent playing it and ended up playing through the entire single player campaign twice on both the normal and hard difficulties, then spent a fair bit of time enjoying the arcade mode as well. I played the original Modern Warfare on the Xbox 360 back when it first came out and loved it, but I think this is one first-person shooter that's even better on the Wii once you get a feel for the motion controls. After getting the hang of the controls (which I had to set to Advanced mode to get the responsiveness I was looking for) everything just felt way more fluid and precise than I remember the game being on the Xbox 360, and at this point I think I can safely say that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition is my #3 all time favorite first person shooter; coming in just behind The Ultimate Doom at #1 and Duke Nukem 3D at #2.

As far as tracker eligible gaming time this week goes I actually got in a fair bit of that too, courtesy of a few Game Boy games and a little known PlayStation gem from my childhood that I had completely forgotten about until John Hancock mentioned it in one of his YouTube videos early in the week. The gem I'm referring to is Spider: The Video Game for the PlayStation, which I had the demo disc for as a kid and played the heck out of but never managed to get my hands on a copy of the full game back then. As soon as I saw him showing it off in a video all the long forgotten memories of how incredibly awesome that game was just came flooding back to me and I immediately hopped on eBay and bought the best condition reasonably priced copy I could find, and my $15 purchase showed up on the doorstep in perfect like new condition and ready to be played a couple days later. After spending a couple hours with Spider I can safely say that it looks and feels just as awesome to play as I remember the demo being when I was a wee little one, though I will say that the full game is way harder than I remember the demo being. It's a darn difficult game that demands near flawless platforming through some pretty long levels with no checkpoints, and one or two hits from anything in the game is enough to lose you a life and send your little cybernetic arachnid back to the start of the level to try again. Fortunately there are unlimited continues though, which somewhat makes up for the slightly absurd difficulty level. Still, I'm incredibly happy to have finally gotten my hands on this gaming relic that I coveted so highly in my youth and I'd certainly recommend it for PlayStation fans looking for a unique and very cool platformer. I mean really, how many games let you play as a spider equipped with a machine gun and rocket launcher? That is just way too cool! :lol:

This week credit definitely goes to the misses for logging the majority of my household's tracker eligible play time though. Having finished Dino Crisis four times over last week, this week she did a full play through of the original Spyro the Dragon for the PlayStation. I remember picking that game up for her at some point early last year and I was really happy to see her get around to checking it out, and even happier to see how much she ended up enjoying it! She did take a few breaks from it here and there to play Alien Trilogy, after getting frustrated with some particularly tough bonus levels in Spyro, but she still kept coming back to it until she eventually beat the game. On the whole I think she really had a lot of fun with it (aside from a few of those obscenity inducing bonus levels) and she did say that she'll be looking forward to trying out Spyro 2 & 3 for the PlayStation as well, so all in all I think that it ended up being a pretty successful gift.

That's all for this week! Next week you can probably expect to see quite a bit of PlayStation gaming time from household, as I continue to play Spider and the misses likely digs into some of the gaming related birthday presents that will be coming her way in the very near future. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 31, running from July 25 - 31. We logged 5775 minutes of eligible play, playing 101 games on a total of 17 systems.

Top 10:

1. Action 52 (NES/Famicom) - 516

2. Spyro the Dragon (PlayStation) - 478

3. Save New York (C64) - 411

4. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 364

5. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 332

6. Quake (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 320

7. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 240

8. Demon Attack (Atari 2600) - 235

9. Quake II (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 200

9. Quake III Arena (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 200

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Save New York (C64) - 411

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 364

3. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 332

4. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 240

5. Demon Attack (Atari 2600) - 235

6. Spider Fighter (Atari 2600) - 106

7. Dig Dug (Atari 5200) - 103

8. Sword of Fargoal (VIC-20) - 80

9. Breakout (Atari 2600) - 75

10. Wizardry (Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord) (Apple II) - 70

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1443)

2. PlayStation (740)

3. PC (Windows 95/98) (720)

4. TI-99/4A (705)

5. NES/Famicom (630)

6. C64 (411)

7. Arcade (324)

8. Game Boy (283)

9. Atari 5200 (135)

10. Apple II (90)

So, Action 52 is at the top -- again. Yep, we let this happen, on our watch.

Take it away, Barney:

On the other hand we have a nice three-way split between charts, with a different system hosting the #1 on each, and over 100 games played. So at least there's that.

Meanwhile the 1000-minute club gains three more members, as Megamania (1072 min. total), Circus Atari (1011 min.), and the arcade version of Mario Bros. (1007 min.) take spots #223-225.

• Like 6

I may get some more gaming in tomorrow but idk been playing a lot of PS2 lately so here's my qualifying times so far.

NES

Duck Hunt - 45min

Wonderswan

Lode Runner - 127min

Finally seen this on eBay and snatched it up :) now I can play on real hardware. One of my favorite Wonderswan games :)

Win 95/98

Divine Divinity - 15min

Guess my laptop didn't like this one as it crashed. Hopefully my desktop plays nice with it :/

Serious Sam The Second Encounter - 25min

Unreal - 15min

• Like 6

Atari 2600

Cross Force: 15 min

PC (DOS)

Silent Hunter: 169 min

Completed two more patrols in Silent Hunter and learned about just another game through the HSC which I didn't really bother with before. Cross Force is kind of interesting, but in the end, couldn't hold my attention for longer. It would be a cool project to iron out some of the rough edges and make it much more fun.

• Like 5

DOS:

SimCity 2000 (540 minutes)

Leisure Suit Larry (20 minutes)

Wolfenstein 3D (40 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Barrage (20 minutes)

GBA:

Final Fantasy IV (390 minutes)

GBC:

Mickeys Racing Adventure (90 minutes)

Been a weird week, man..... :)

• Like 6

Atari 2600:

Starmaster: 30 Minutes

NES:

Castlevania: 45 Minutes

Super Mario Bros: 50 Minutes

Hogan's Alley: 15 Minutes

Arcade/Mame:

Mario Bros: 50 Minutes

Asteroids: 5 Minutes

Galaga: 20 Minutes

Rally-X: 10 Minutes

Kung-Fu Master: 20 Minutes

Robotron 2084: 4 Minutes

Star Wars: 6 Minutes

Vs. Castlevania: 45 Minutes

Vs. Dr. Mario: 25 Minutes

Track and Field: 15 Minutes

Lunar Rescue: 10 Minutes

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (August 1st through 7th):

Atari 2600:

Missile Command Arcade - 5 min.

Commodore 64:

Save New York - 162 min. in 4 sessions

Online (non-eligible):

Dr. Driving - 20 min.

Gangster Ace Taxi - 6 min.

Solitaire Racer - 105 min. in 7 sessions

I continued to play Save New York until I managed to "beat" the game... sort of. It continues to serve subsequent levels until you have lost half of your skyscrapers at the end of a level or run out of lives.

Missile Command Arcade on the Atari 2600 was a bit disappointing because it does away with the color change every other round, which on the original version helped me to remember which round I'm on.

Then I played some Facebook games. I stumbled across Solitaire Racer since it awards you with NeuCoin which in turn I got to know by listening to Jahgo. Basically you should win Klondike Soitaire games as often and as fast as possible. I also played Dr. Driving which basically is a racing game with different levels and objectives, however you are rather limited what you can do with your vehicle.

Gangster Ace Taxi is a 2D taxi game where you're supposed to pick up passengers and deliver them to where they want to go.

• Like 5