IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2016 (Season 9)

ATARI 2600

The Activision Decathlon - 5 minutes

Missile Command - 55 minutes

Montezuma's Revenge - 110 minutes

Pac-Man - 7 minutes

ATARI 5200

Basketball - 20 minutes

ATARI 7800

Summer Games - 5 minutes

NES / FAMICOM

Mr. Happyface [hack of Ms. Pac-Man Tengen License] - 100 minutes

• Like 6

My times for the week:

NES:
Crystal Mines - 2 min.
Exodus - 251 min.
Game Boy:
Ishido - 11 min.
Did some targeted practice of a few levels in Exodus that had thwarted me when I worked on the game a couple years ago, and ultimately got the hang of them. I also played a quick game of Ishido, which doesn't really work that well on a monochrome system.
  • Like 6

To add:

PC-DOS:

Oregon Trail (additional 180 minutes)

SimCity 2000 (additional 140 minutes)

Wizardry (40 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Donncaster Racecourse (15 minutes)

Scramble (20 minutes)

Wizard's Doom (25 minutes)

GBA:

Donkey Kong Country (25 minutes)

Final Fantasy IV (additional 30 minutes)

More Oregon Trail, as my son beat it again twice today, this time as a carpenter. He beat his old High Score, bringing his new high to 4,294. Not bad for a 7 year old. :)

The new game, Donncaster Racecourse by Retrospect is a fun horse racing/betting game. Neat game, very original and more fun than I thought it was going to be.

I cannot leave SimCity alone. My entire map is full and I have about 300,000 citizens, but it is only 1982, so I have some time to go before I get the Plymouth Arcology. My recent game time on there has been playing with new ways to compact more people into less area. It seems like using ALL "Dense" zoning is working... You can pack more people in that way, though it seems that maybe the crime and pollution rates go up.

I just eliminated the Nuclear Free Zone I had in place for 80 years.... Built my first nuke plant and the denizens were NOT happy. Had to try to place it about 6 times before the Warning screen went away. Hilarious little Sims...

Anyway, that concludes the gaming times for our house this week.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 6

Whew! Made it in time! :D

kU4QniX.jpg

Ineligible

Centipede: Infestation (Nintendo Wii) - 226 minutes

Arcade

Centipede - 30 minutes

Donkey Kong - 7 minutes

Donkey Kong Junior - 6 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 6 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Speed-Up Version) - 8 minutes

Game Boy

Boggle Plus - 14 minutes

Super Mario Land - 18 minutes

Game Boy Color

Dance Dance Revolution GB (Japanese Import) - 10 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 145 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 18 minutes

PlayStation

Dino Crisis 2 - 646 minutes

Spider: The Video Game - 124 minutes

Time Crisis - 221 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,479 minutes (24 hours 39 minutes) [1,253 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
PlayStation: 991 minutes

Nintendo Wii: 226 minutes

Game Boy Color: 173 minutes

Arcade: 57 minutes

Game Boy: 32 minutes

First off I'd like to address the monkey in the room, and no, I don't mean Donkey Kong. :lol: The game I'm talking about is the one tracker ineligible game that I played this week: Centipede: Infestation for the Wii. I really wasn't expecting much going into this game, but as a huge fan of the original Centipede (to the point that I own a Centipede bartop arcade machine) I just had to give it a try. What I discovered is that Centipede: Infestation was absolutely awesome beyond anything that I had expected! It was especially surprisingly given how lackluster of a game the Centipede remake for the original PlayStation was, but wow did WayForward ever knock it out of the park with Centipede: Infestation! Basically, the game can be described as a mashup of Centipede and Robotron 2084 in a 3D environment with the addition of a variety of weapons and a really creative (and remarkably touching) story told through anime style cutscenes between each of the games 30 some odd levels. It can be played with the Wii remote and nunchuck, but for the best experience I recommend going with the full on Robotron style twin stick controls using the Wii Classic Controller. The left stick moves your guy, the right stick shoots in whatever direction you point it, the A/B/X/Y buttons select weapons, and the L button unleashes a stomp attack that squishes or knocks back waves of bugs that get too close.

I could probably fill up a good 4 or 5 paragraphs about how incredibly awesome Centipede: Infestation is and what a brilliant homage it pays to the original Centipede, keeping the same hectic gameplay feel intact while making some really enjoyable modern additions, but to save thread space I'll just leave it at "If you own a Wii and you like the original Centipede then you need to play this game". Now, in other news...

Continuing with the theme of blasting bugs, I finally finished off Spider: The Video Game for the PlayStation this week! It did get pretty difficult towards the end, but it was still a ton of fun to play and I'll definitely be going back to play through it again at some point. I also beat Time Crisis several times over with my new GunCon, and man is that game still just as fun as ever. Major thanks to the misses for letting me borrow her PlayStation arcade stick to use as a foot pedal for Time Crisis too!

Speaking of the little lady, this week it was all about Dino Crisis 2 for her. Last week I was pretty sure that she was going to continue playing through Kagero: Deception II, but once she got a copy of Dino Crisis 2 from a local game store early on in the week that was all she wrote for any other games that might have been on her agenda. At this point I think she's most of the way through her second play through of Dino Crisis 2 and I'd be willing to bet that it's going to get played through at least a few more times until she's got all the extras unlocked.

Well, that about it wraps it up for this week! Happy gaming everyone! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Dreamcast:

Unreal Tournament - 21 minutes

Yeah I played crap nothing when it comes to older games over the week. Basically work was all modern stuff as games like No Man's Sky came out which everyone was all over, and at home I was just helping my friend try to get through Half Life and its three expansions. I did get a little bit of dreamcast in, as I found some Pelican VGA box for $8 and needed to test it, but it appears that none of my TVs pick up a signal - one of them seems to almost get a signal from the VGA line but then goes to "No Signal" like it's refusing it, and all the others won't take it. The S-Video and Composite do work though, so I may keep it around as I may be able to get the VGA working myself (if it's not just my TVs I'm testing on) and I do like being able to use my own composite/s-video cables as I like to have my consoles a good distance away. So yeah, that's the week - maybe I'll do some more NGPC or something for the next week, I dunno.

• Like 5

BurritoBeans: You probably want to try the VGA box with a dedicated computer monitor if you've got one. I have observed that some devices outputting a VGA signal won't sync on my TV, despite it accepts other VGA signals and the same device works with a different monitor. I suppose there may be a slight timing issue that some displays might overlook while others strictly won't accept.

• Like 3

/\/\ The VGA cable you are using also matters. Some are able to send additional data which is why you'll see sometimes a computer knows exactly what type of monitor is connected and sometimes it can't get that data.

I had no time in ANY games last week :( I might have played a little Crossy Road on the phone and tablet but that could'a been last week . . .

• Like 3

First off I'd like to address the monkey in the room, and no, I don't mean Donkey Kong. :lol: The game I'm talking about is the one tracker ineligible game that I played this week: Centipede: Infestation for the Wii. I really wasn't expecting much going into this game, but as a huge fan of the original Centipede (to the point that I own a Centipede bartop arcade machine) I just had to give it a try. What I discovered is that Centipede: Infestation was absolutely awesome beyond anything that I had expected! It was especially surprisingly given how lackluster of a game the Centipede remake for the original PlayStation was, but wow did WayForward ever knock it out of the park with Centipede: Infestation! Basically, the game can be described as a mashup of Centipede and Robotron 2084 in a 3D environment with the addition of a variety of weapons and a really creative (and remarkably touching) story told through anime style cutscenes between each of the games 30 some odd levels. It can be played with the Wii remote and nunchuck, but for the best experience I recommend going with the full on Robotron style twin stick controls using the Wii Classic Controller. The left stick moves your guy, the right stick shoots in whatever direction you point it, the A/B/X/Y buttons select weapons, and the L button unleashes a stomp attack that squishes or knocks back waves of bugs that get too close. [/font][/color]

I could probably fill up a good 4 or 5 paragraphs about how incredibly awesome Centipede: Infestation is and what a brilliant homage it pays to the original Centipede, keeping the same hectic gameplay feel intact while making some really enjoyable modern additions, but to save thread space I'll just leave it at "If you own a Wii and you like the original Centipede then you need to play this game".

Wow I have this game but haven't played it. I think I need to get to playing :)

• Like 4

My gaming times for the week.

Atari 2600:

Space Invaders: 10 Minutes

NES:

Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest: 230 Minutes

Super Mario Bros: 70 Minutes

Arcade/Mame:

Vs. Dr. Mario: 35 Minutes

Pole Position: 12 Minutes

Centipede: 8 Minutes

Mario Bros: 40 Minutes

Tron: 15 Minutes

Battlezone: 5 Minutes

Moonwalker: 55 Minutes

• Like 5

RCA Studio II:

Bowling - 76 min.

I started off the week strong with a long session of bowling against myself, a total of 11 games (128-133, 123-106, 121-150, 116-116, 128-144, 119-106, 114-105, 120-118, 105-124, 104-122, 134-123) and then ... nothing for rest of the week. :grin:

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (August 15th through 21st)...

Arcade:

Missile Command - 36 min. in 2 sessions

Atari 2600:

Pressure Cooker - 61 min. in 5 sessions

Pole Position (Hack) - 3 min.

Facebook (non-eligible):

Solitaire Racer - 16 min. in 2 sessions

Uphill Rush Waterpark - 4 min.

I continued to play Pressure Cooker and Solitaire Racer. In Pressure Cooker I reached more than 46,000 points. Then I briefly replayed a hack of "Pole Position" I made some time ago which raises the difficulty and displays a somewhat more realistically bending street. I also tried the Facebook game "Uphill Rush Waterpark" where you basically have to cross a kind of roller coaster (it's a bit similar to Excitebike), but I didn't manage to finish even the first race.

Last I played "Missile Command" after listening to old tapes from 1983 and 1984 where the game was mentioned and recorded multiple times. Actually we referred to it as "Städte verteidigen" (Defending cities) because that's what appeared in the attract mode as the German translation of "Defend cities". In our arcade (remember, we speak German here in Austria) the game was set to show all messages in German. Unfortunately, the message "Great score" appearing if you get into the high score list had been translated as "Grossartiges Ergebnis", which was way to long for the display width, so it overwrote itself and appeared as "Ergebnisartiges" (Result-like). The game itself appears on my tapes in multiple recordings I did in the arcade and also in a radio play I did with my father and a friend from school where we played three astronauts meeting on a different planet. My friend called his character "Missile Command", and I talked funny things which made the other two astronauts decide that they had to replace my brain, with the effect that I subsequently talked like a little child. ;-)

Unfortunately the next day I really got my share of losing my mind when I got thrown off an electric longboard I rented while still trying to get the hang of it. I can't remember the actual event, but the shopkeeper said to my father who went to fetch me that I repeatedly talked the same... which I can't remember either. Well, the pain in my right wrist slowly gets better as we speak.

• Like 5

Atari VCS Boing! 300 minutes

Atari VCS Atlantis 30 minutes

Atari VCS H.E.R.O 30 minutes

Atari VCS Beamrider 20 minutes

Atari VCS Kaboom! 30 minutes

Atari VCS centipede 20 minutes

Atari VCS Millipede 20 minutes

Atari VCS Juno First 20 minutes

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 6

Not many games this week, but some quality.

VCS:

Adventure (10 minutes)

Oink! (25 minutes)

Venture (40 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Tunnels of Doom (90 minutes)

Wizard's Doom (40 minutes)

PC-DOS:

SimCity2000 (550 minutes)

Oregon Trail (30 minutes)

GBA:

Final Fantasy IV (360 minutes)

In a cruel twist of fate, my 1 year old daughter inadvertantly erased my 7 year old son's FFIV save games today. He had been working on his game for months and had just reached the Moon. Almost done. She picked up his GBA and proceeded to mash buttons, erasing all his saved games. That was devastating for him. He had worked so hard and gone so far.

I promised him I would help him get back to that point... I'll play at night when they're asleep, he can play during the day. Sad times.

Other than that, been trying to get The 7th Guest working in DOSBox, but the audio is all wrong. Soon.... Soon...

• Like 6

My times for the week, such as they are:

Atari 2600:
Jungle Hunt - 1 min.
Arcade:
Hydro Thunder - 4 min.

Took a few minutes at a rest stop while moving to try a quick game of Hydro Thunder, which I'd never played in the arcade before (and which barely qualifies for our tracker, as a 1999 release if I'm not mistaken). I might've done better had it not taken me a solid 10 seconds at the beginning to figure out how to start moving, but at least I found a secret route.

• Like 6

Every now and then I have one of those weeks where I just can't seem to decide what to play, so I end up playing a dozen or more random things for a little time here and a little time there to see if anything holds my interest. This was definitely one of those weeks. :lol:

4mIVtpo.jpg

Ineligible

Boom Blox (Nintendo Wii) - 77 minutes

Centipede: Infestation (Nintendo Wii) - 54 minutes

Clubhouse Games (Nintendo DS) - 46 minutes

Doom (Game Boy Advance) - 101 minutes

Doom II (Game Boy Advance) - 11 minutes

Sonic Advance (Game Boy Advance) - 113 minutes

Sonic Rush (Nintendo DS) - 187 minutes

Arcade

Centipede (played on Atari Anniversary Advance for Game Boy Advance) - 23 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 24 minutes

Tempest (played on Atari Anniversary Advance for Game Boy Advance) - 5 minutes

Game Boy Color

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 196 minutes

Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 33 minutes

Top Gear Pocket 2 (emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 23 minutes

NES

Castlevania (played on Classic NES Series: Castlevania for Game Boy Advance) - 14 minutes

PlayStation

Area 51 - 41 minutes

Dino Crisis 2 - 68 minutes

Kagero: Deception II - 465 minutes

Time Crisis - 106 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,587 minutes (26 hours 27 minutes) [998 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
PlayStation: 680 minutes

Game Boy Color: 252 minutes

Nintendo DS: 233 minutes

Game Boy Advance: 225 minutes

Nintendo Wii: 131 minutes

Arcade: 52 minutes

NES: 14 minutes

For the first time in a while, most of my gaming time this week was tracker ineligible. For the first half of the week I wasn't sure what I wanted to play so I just played a couple Wii games and some classic PlayStation light gun shooters, and the second half of the week was largely occupied by comparing how Game Boy Advance games looked when played on the DS Lite versus the AGS-101 model Game Boy Advance SP. The reason for this is that I came to realize, after reviewing my catalog of weekly tracker pictures throughout the year, that I hardly ever play my AGS-101 Game Boy Advance SP and now that they've gotten absurdly expensive (around $100 or so) I was contemplating selling it to bring in some much needed cash if I could live with just playing my GBA games on the DS Lite.

What I learned from all the comparisons is that while the DS Lite does have a brighter backlight, a cleaner looking screen without the scan line effect that you get from the GBA SP's LCD design, and more comfortable controls I still just can't bring myself to part with the GBA SP. The main reason is that the AGS-101 model GBA SP is still the best way there is to play original Game Boy and Game Boy Color games on a beautiful backlit screen, and the substantially larger screen size of the GBA SP (compared to the DS Lite's letterboxed screen size when playing GBA games) makes playing games with small sprites vastly more enjoyable. Trying to play the full screen version of Ms. Pac-Man on the Namco Museum compilation using the DS Lite is a lot like trying to play Ms. Pac-Man on a postage stamp, and my eyes certainly aren't getting any younger; so I've decided to hold onto my GBA SP for the foreseeable future. Thinking about it more, the biggest reason that I've hardly played the GBA at all this year is probably just that I haven't bought any new Game Boy Advance games in a darn long time, so next week I think I'll look into seeing if I can find a few new games to rekindle my interest in the GBA. There's no shortage of great games on the system that can be picked up for a couple bucks each, so I'm sure that I can find a few new ones to enjoy even on my tight budget if I shop around a little. Maybe I'll see if I can find a copy of Sonic Advance 2, since I did have a ton of fun playing through the original Sonic Advance with Tails this week and I could definitely go for some more of that!

As far as the misses' gaming time this week goes, she knew exactly what she wanted to play and spent a fair bit of time doing it. She started off the week by finishing up her play through of Dino Crisis 2 on the PlayStation, then after beating it for a second time she gravitated back to Kagero: Deception II for the PlayStation as well. She ended up beating Kagero and starting a new game to play through it again almost as soon as she finished it, and though I'm not sure exactly how far she is into her second play through at this point it doesn't seem like she'll be losing interest in the game any time soon. Sometimes I really wish that I could be as focused in my game playing and collecting as she as is. :lol:

Anyway, I think that about it wraps it up for this week! As far as what next week has in store, I'm going to keep playing through and trying to finish up the handful of games that I ended up enjoying the most this week (Sonic Rush on the DS, Doom on the GBA, and Zelda: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX for the GBC) and maybe see if I can hunt down a few inexpensive GBA games to start in on too. I'm also really looking forward to trying out an extremely cool PlayStation accessory that will be arriving in the mail from Japan this afternoon, but you guys and gals will just have to wait until next week to see what it is. Adios and happy gaming amigos! :D

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

Arcade:

1942 - 12 minutes

Asteroids - 10 minutes

Battletoads - 20 minutes

Beast Busters - 35 minutes

Beast Busters Second Nightmare - 62 minutes

Bubble Bobble - 22 minutes

Cabal - 15 minutes

Centipede - 92 minutes

Crypt Killer - 30 minutes

Crystal Castles - 11 minutes

Frenzy - 10 minutes

Galaga - 5 minutes

Hang-On - 10 minutes

Missile Command - 70 minutes

Omega Race - 10 minutes

Space Gun - 52 minutes

Tempest - 10 minutes

Xevious - 10 minutes

So yeah, lots of arcade gaming. I got Centipede and Missile Command in a good bit as we went to a Dave and Busters with my brother, friends, and dad. They didn't exactly have a ton of games that I cared for - mostly redemption games and all the non-redemption ones were the usual shooters that you can beat fairly easy or racers - so after getting a set of these Star Trek TOS cards from a star trek themed coin pusher machine, I spent a ton on playing Centipede and Missile Command - got my name on the top of the leaderboards on both so that was sweet to me. Then, after we got home my dad opened a few boxes... turns out he ordered a Pandora's Box 4 and stuff to build an arcade cabinet for the house, so after we talked plans I got to messing with MAME and Hyperspin - we're hoping to build a machine to play just about anything, so the Pandora's Box has 645 games (No idea about many of them) and we have computers we can slap inside it that will run any arcade game we throw at it. Expect more arcade times in the future I guess from me, as I'm pretty excited - closest I've got to a machine at home are my boards and mess of cables and boxes known as the supergun - and getting MAME/Hyperspin to run everything will get me time playing games on it.

Edited by BurritoBeans
  • Like 5