IGNORED

Favorite NES song?

GameGirl420

Thanks to whomever redirected this thread. I admit I had a few glasses of wine when I wrote it lol.

Any music by Capcom is pure win,but funny you mention 1942. I remember exchanging that one at Toys R Us for Ninja Kid instead cos it wasn't that good.

Love the music in Legendary Wings! Especially the level 2 music...

Just about everything from Dragon Spirit and Silver Surfer. If I had to narrow it down to specific songs I'd say:

1. Dragon Spirit Stage 4

2. Silver Surfer Stage music

3. Dragon Spirit Stages 3 & 7

Also was always impressed with the version of Goonies 'R' Good Enough in Goonies II.

I'll echo the love for Contra and Double Dragon, for sure. As an adult, I think Mega Man 2 is just tops. And Legend Of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 1/2/3, and the other early classics are "favorites" enough I can whistle most of them on demand.

But when I hear most of the tracks from Double Dragon II: The Revenge, I get amped up. Goosebumps. Ready for action. That was a good one.

As a musician, I love the arrangements and tones of Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu. I'd played it a few times in the late-'80s/early-'90s and never noticed. As soon as I picked it up last year, I was struck by just how good that game's music sounds.