IGNORED

The lorenzogino69 Collection

lorenzogino69

Lorenzo, che culo!!!!
:lol:
(translation for the English speakers?... ehm... a vulgar friendly way to say "what a luck")
  • Like 1

is there something wrong with the ones you bought from the same British seller?

When I tested first time, no ones works... but now, White Water and Tropical Trouble work. I have a black screen (no sound) for Ice Trek. I cleaned the connectors twice but it still doesn't work. Hope the Lorenzo's games work perfectly !

When I tested first time, no ones works... but now, White Water and Tropical Trouble work. I have a black screen (no sound) for Ice Trek. I cleaned the connectors twice but it still doesn't work. Hope the Lorenzo's games work perfectly !

I didn't see that he had also Ice Trek. International edition, I guess. Is the cart the same as the one in this lot (untested)?
EDIT: or this one (pricey)
It seems like some British humidity has settled on the cartridge contacts.
Elementary, my dear
Edited by intellivotion

I recently dug out a few loose carts and found two that didn't work, even after standard cleaning. I used some 600 grit sandpaper to VERY VERY GENTLY scuff the connectors and they worked beautifully thereafter.

Unfortunately, carts with labels that cover the shell screws, like Imagic, Activision and Coleco, are more difficult to do this with. It's much easier try this technique when you've removed the circuit board from the shell.

EDIT: grid -> grit

Edited by intvsteve

I recently dug out a few loose carts and found two that didn't work, even after standard cleaning. I used some 600 grit sandpaper to VERY VERY GENTLY scuff the connectors and they worked beautifully thereafter.

Unfortunately, carts with labels that cover the shell screws, like Imagic, Activision and Coleco, are more difficult to do this with. It's much easier try this technique when you've removed the circuit board from the shell.

Would steel wool be a better or worse option?

I didn't see that he had also Ice Trek. International edition, I guess. Is the cart the same as the one in this lot (untested)?
EDIT: or this one (pricey)
It seems like some British humidity has settled on the cartridge contacts.
Elementary, my dear

Nope, it was the only one as US version :)

I agree Mr Watson ;)

Edited by scalpel

Would steel wool be a better or worse option?

Haven't tried it. Stay away from S.O.S. pads, I'd say. ;) There are actually different levels of roughness for steel wool as well with approximate equivalencies. This is in the context of woodworking, but still. :-o

Lorenzo, did you test and play the games (especially the Imagic games) ?? Please, let me know. Thanks ! :)

Hi, Yes, when I buy the games, text them always. All working perfectly ... Luckily ...

Indeed, many Game Paks that I have bought, only a handful were not functioning: 4 out of 5 were of Imagic, while the fifth was The Dreadnaught Factor ... How strange!!!

even I, when I have to remove the stickers to open Game Paks with covered screws, I find difficulties ... but if you use your hair phoan, everything works beautifully!

Hi, Yes, when I buy the games, text them always. All working perfectly ... Luckily ...

Indeed, many Game Paks that I have bought, only a handful were not functioning: 4 out of 5 were of Imagic, while the fifth was The Dreadnaught Factor ... How strange!!!

Dreadnaught Factor does not work on PAL systems. Or are you using NTSC for testing it?

but I'm getting there ... like hidden in the shadows ... and then ... TAAAAAAC!!!

That's more like it :)

don't worry, you'll get pardon: just send me what I miss in my collection :) :)

Edited by sprazzi
  • Like 1

Dreadnaught Factor does not work on PAL systems. Or are you using NTSC for testing it?

... I messed with the title ... I meant (I checked) say Beamrider.
You reminded me, rightly, that the game does not work with the PAL system; a bit like Motocross Mattel, if I remember correctly?
Or was it the Intellivision Motocross, Inc.?