IGNORED

So I just discovered I own a complete Battle Sphere Gold

NowThereAreNoLimits

Hi Nowtherearenolimits.

I'm currently bulking up my Jag collection which I first started by buying an import Jag & games into Australia at exorbitant prices in late 1994, haha.

Anyway, if you are at anytime in the position or wanting to sell any of these, please PM me. From the few photos I've seen there's at least a handful (if not more) that I'd be interested in. I could possibly be able to stretch for BS Gold...crazy, eh :D Before the obvious questions / concerns appear, I'm not a reseller looking for a quick profit.

That's an amazing collection you and your dad built up, so I'd ponder carefully on what he'd want or be happy for you to do.

• Like 1

That's an amazing collection you and your dad built up, so I'd ponder carefully on what he'd want or be happy for you to do.

Echo that! Great find(s)! I would definitely recommend keeping any particular games, Jag or otherwise, that you have an emotional connection with, otherwise you may well regret it down the road.

Before the obvious questions / concerns appear, I'm not a reseller looking for a quick profit.

I can vouch for skip! Great guy and fellow Jag collector! :thumbsup: :)

Would you be interested in swapping for a testicle? I have two so can afford to let one go.

Can't do the testicle. Wife and still want a few more kids. But I AM interested in trades. I love my Jag but it was definitely my Dad's system of choice. I'm interested in rare Sega Genesis, Turbografx, and a few NES and SNES rares.

Would your dad want you to sell it?

Yeah. I believe in the great hereafter and where he is I doubt he cares! ;-)

Hi Nowtherearenolimits.

I'm currently bulking up my Jag collection which I first started by buying an import Jag & games into Australia at exorbitant prices in late 1994, haha.

Anyway, if you are at anytime in the position or wanting to sell any of these, please PM me. From the few photos I've seen there's at least a handful (if not more) that I'd be interested in. I could possibly be able to stretch for BS Gold...crazy, eh :D Before the obvious questions / concerns appear, I'm not a reseller looking for a quick profit.

Thanks man. I will be thinking hard about it. Aside from Battlesphere Gold, are the games pictured roughly $80-100 each complete?

I also own an Aircars.

Still the most rare and valuable Jag game by far though, even being cart only. Battlesphere Trio... Someone would pay 2 to 3 grand for it now.

Yeah, I could definitely see this selling for $3000+. When this was sold back in 2006, Jaguar prices had tanked and everything was dirt cheap compared to nowadays.

Edited by SuperDork3000

If the Songbird / Telegames stuff is still available (I think Skyhammer for example is usually available from them or elsewhere), it should go for a bit less than retail. The only Telegames release there that's hard(er) to get is Zero 5. So, yeah, for these $60 - $100.

The other stuff is 'common' so check prices online I guess. As a guess (give or take 10 or 15) from what I've seen as well as perceived value - AvP $50, Ruiner $30, Pitfall $40, Dino Dudes $25-30. I guess maybe a little more on the open market

I don't know about the IS II and WtR CDs. They should be under retail if the boxes have been cut up. I'd probably give you $60US right here and now for WtR (I have it in complete / new condition in a shopping cart on one site for about 80 or 90) if it has instructions. Same with IS II, but I have it already :)

I wish I'd jumped back on the Jag bandwagon about 5 years ago, things were roughly 30 - 50% cheaper...and Australia had a hot exchange rate. Now it's almost as bad as when I got my Battlesphere(s) and the exchange rate was 1AUD = 0.5 USD. Can't complain though, 2x Battlespheres for $200 US was a reasonably good deal ;)

Highly doubtful. They've been done with the Jag for quite some time.

Wow - what a name from the past. Fun exciting times waiting for the game. I traveled out to Toad Computers I think in 98 or 99 to play a beta version of the game.

Can't do the testicle. Wife and still want a few more kids. But I AM interested in trades. I love my Jag but it was definitely my Dad's system of choice. I'm interested in rare Sega Genesis, Turbografx, and a few NES and SNES rares.

What TG-16 are you looking for? I have about 75% of the TG-16/CD library, though I'm missing most of the usual suspects (Super Air Zonk, Bonk 3, Darkwing Duck, Super Air Zonk, Magical Chase, etc.).

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

When I was actively collecting every Jaguar game back in 2015-2018 it was great fun and I eventually got a Battlesphere Gold in the UK from a guy who lived 40 miles away from me - it was listed on eBay with the pictures attached for £500 and was an auction rather than buy it now. I bought it for £559 which meant buyer owed eBay quite a lot of money in terms of fees and what would have been PayPal but In the end I went to his house and it was identical to the pictures so we started a no-sale on eBay and he took £520 cash for it. We had a great chat about videogames and how he’d come to own it - were some of these sold for charity at very random times so I think he had paid £500 for it ($750 at time) but was pleased to get his money back and not have the hassle of dealing with someone claiming the box was damaged or an empty package arriving.

I do look back and think it was crazy what I paid for this when most of my other games (nearly all new and sealed) were £20 for Attack of the Mutant Penguins sealed £30 for likes of sealed Doom Wolfenstein etc up to £90 for sealed AVP and about £150 for sealed Atari Karts but I just had to have one - I do still question myself for spending so much on a niche game for a niche console but when collecting stuff you do get swept up into needing everything. 

If I was the person selling their BSG I would be more inclined to do a sale on here rather than eBay as I sold dozens of Jaguar games on there when building my collection to gradually buy more sealed ones but did get stung with a sale of a Telegames title to USA as buyer after two months of ownership said I think this is fake but eBay dismissed claim and so did PayPal but they then did a credit card chargeback and credit card firm always side with their customers so they got a full refund and got to keep the game. That pretty much brought my eBay selling to a stop when I realised how easy you can be ripped off - and I supplied actual invoice from Telegames in my claim and all my photos and details about how Telegames boxes look poor quality but I still lost - to counter claim on a chargeback was something like $200 and it looked impossible to win - that game sold for £150 at the time.

So a word to the wise - cash is king, local sale - you can lose out on eBay very badly, such things as sell a sealed valuable game, they claim something wrong with it and send you back an opened one and they will say ‘well I had to open it, what’s the problem’ when you assumed you were maybe selling to a sealed games collector. Sell a excellent condition boxed game they claim it’s damaged and send you back their damaged and squished game and box and keep yours mint one. And there is literally nothing you can do about it.

With regards the BSG game that may be selling, eBay seems great and it will sell for a higher price but you are better taking less money and knowing your buyer is reputable or better still local with cash. I lost £150 on my eBay sale and was so mad I still have the persons address for next time in USA and for six months was going to visit them and ask for my game back next time I was over in Florida  - then I remember you Americans have guns and decided maybe move on… And that was only over £150 ($180) so I can’t imagine how annoying it would be to lose the value of a BSG to someone.

bsg1.jpg

bsg3.jpg

bsg7.jpg

bsg6.jpg

bsg5.jpg

bsg4.jpg

bsg2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

So a word to the wise - cash is king, local sale - you can lose out on eBay very badly, such things as sell a sealed valuable game, they claim something wrong with it and send you back an opened one and they will say ‘well I had to open it, what’s the problem’ when you assumed you were maybe selling to a sealed games collector. Sell a excellent condition boxed game they claim it’s damaged and send you back their damaged and squished game and box and keep yours mint one. And there is literally nothing you can do about it.

It is still good to be very cautious, even with local, in-person sales.

I once encountered a seller at a community flea market with a set of DVDs for a niche television series. The price was very reasonable, but, suspiciously, everything was swathed in multiple layers of packing tape. There was no mechanism to check the condition -- or even the presence -- of the disks. Had he been selling an empty box, there would be no recourse.