IGNORED

Sys-Check V2.2 ready-to-use batch available

tf_hh

Hi,

as promised in the old thread, I´ve make 20 pieces of Sys-Check V2.2 ready. The board is a ready-to-use external device, no need to solder.

Sys-Check V2.2 can be used with every XL (with PBI, so all models except the 1200 XL) and XE (which have an ECI). The XEGS and same rare 65XE/800XE models without ECI can´t used with Sys-Check.

The external solution Sys-Check V2.2 enables the following features:

• Diagnostic for dead (not starting) computers. In a lot of cases the computer will start which Sys-Check attached and will check the memory. If any bad RAM chip is detected, Sys-Check will show it - using a simple, but easy to follow graphical expression.
  • Also bad OS-ROMs will be detected
  • Sys-Check use a flash-ROM for it´s contents. This flash can be changed using your Atari XL/XE computer, no special hardware needed. I will work on more functions for diagnostics this year.
  • Up to four different operating systems or Sys-Check firmwares can be hold by the flash-ROM
  • For testing purposes, any standard ROM or EPROM with a XL/XE operating system can also be placed in the flash´s socket
  • Sys-Check can also be used as an external operating-system switcher / enabler. You can easily enable the Old-OS (from 400/800) for old games or so - without changing anything inside your computer
  • 512 KByte external, RAMBO-compatible memory expansion. This memory expansion is 100% compatible to the classic RAMBO standard and can be used with any software which uses extended memory
  • External operating-system switcher and external 512 KByte memory expansion can be used together - so Sys-Check V2.2 can lift up any stock XL/XE to an actual machine for modern games and demos - without soldering

Of course a complete manual is offered for Sys-Check explaining the technical hints and how to use it (in english and german)

Scope of delivery:

• Soldered and tested Sys-Check V2.2 PCB for all Atari XL (except 1200 XL) and all XE (except XEGS and XE without ECI)
  • Manual and technical documentation (sent by email)

Important note - please read carefully!

As written above, I´ve make 20 pieces ready. These 20 units will be shipped out to the purchasers in 2-3 days after received payment! The rule is simple: First come, first serve. The "ranking" is done by timestamp of the paypal payment notication email. So the "early birds" are getting their Sys-Check within 2-3 weeks (typical delivery time to the USA for example, within europe 3-4 days). All other have to wait until I assemble the next batch, which may take until the beginning of May 2016 (so delivery at your home make take until the end of May 2016).

How to order:

• 1 (one) Sys-Check V2.2 external PCB costs 45 Euros.
  • Shipping for one or two pieces worldwide is 7 Euros (Registered Letter "Recommandé", refund in case of lost or damage max. 37 Euros!) or 9 Euros (Insured & Registered Letter, refund in case of lost or damage up to 100 Euros)
  • If you want to order more than 2, please contact me before sending money (email: tf_hh@gmx.de)

Please multiply the quantity of Sys-Check V2.2 you want with 45, add the shipping costs and sent the money via Paypal. Please have attention to the following hints to make it easier for me and you!

- Sent the money in the currency EURO to the Paypal-Account tf_hh@gmx.de

- Please add your AtariAge nick name to the comment field in the Paypal transaction to know who you are ;)

- Be sure that the delivery address is complete and fully written in the Paypal transaction

- I will respond to the email address sent by Paypal. If you want me to use an other email address, write it down in the comment field ("informations for seller")

- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY AS A GIFT

- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY FOR A FRIEND

- Use "Pay for goods and services"

I know it´s friendly to do that, but Paypal will close my account when I got to much transfers "as a gift". In the calculation of Sys-Check´s price of 45 Euros the Paypal fee for receiving money and currency conversion is already included. So don´t worry about it!

Every payment is confirmed by email within 24 hours. I will add your email-address to my mailing list and will keep you up-to-date on every step I do until items are shipped.

Payments will collected until April, the 17th (then I order PCBs and parts, if more than 20 units are sold).

Any questions? Don´t hesitate to contact me!

Regards, Jurgen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

thanks for feedback :thumbsup:

I start coding some more and better RAM checks in the Sys-Check firmware. Some points...

1.) The new firmware will check first the whole base memory (64 KB) and shows then all defective bits. Actual testing stops after first error, but maybe another bit in another chip is defect also

2.) Standard (fast) and intensive test can be choosen after startup (only function keys for navigating needed)

3.) Extended memory using PORTB ($D301) will be also tested - of course the exact source of trouble can´t be displayed, because there are millions of ways how to add extended memory to an Atari...

Please don´t ask when I´m ready... coding takes more time for me than soldering :D

"It´s done, when it´s done"

BR Jurgen

• Like 5

Hi folks,

maybe it´s nothing, only bad luck with two units. But in my opinion it´s better to publish this fact then being silent.

Two users report problems with their Sys-Check. They work for some time (less than one hour), after they fail. In both cases Sys-Check starts, works up to 1 minute and then the screen gets garbled, computer hangs. Because until now I don´t have these both devices back, I can´t examine what´s wrong with them.

Maybe one of the parts I purchased has an issue. I´ve tested every Sys-Check before shipping out of course the following way:

- One pass with Sys-Check firmware (memory test, O.S. test)

- One pass with activated extended memory expansion using XRAM.COM (Satantronic)

- One pass with MEMDRV.COM (tool for myDOS with excellent memory test)

All Sys-Checks shipped out passed these tests. Perhaps one of the chips gets defect after one hour of usage or so. Don´t know the exact reason until now.

So PLEASE all purchasers... test your Sys-Check. Let it work on any Atari computer for 2 hours. If nothing unsual happens (screen gets garbled, computer hangs), then all is fine. Otherwise please contact me. Of course I will exchange bad units.

Jurgen

• Like 1

I have tested my Sys-Check and there is a 10 to 20 second delay at the end of test. And some of the time I will have to press the RESET key to get another cycle.

Thanks for report. Please check always 2 or 3 machines, if availible. In some cases also bad contacts (PBI or ECI) are the source of trouble. But when different computers shows the same issue, then I think there´s a problem on the Sys-Check side.

Jurgen

I tested my Sys-Check II last night and today in a stock 130XE.

Last night it ran for 40 minutes and the RAM Test started showing false Bad Ram checks and then the screen got really garbled even after a Reset or Power cycle.

So I left it cool off for 10 minutes as the Main GAL was getting warmer than normal.

Turned it back on and the tests ran ok with slight screen noise (stray pixels) after 20 minutes...

Today it ran for 1 hour and the display started getting wonky (text colors were changing and again more screen noise, never the less it kept chugging away with the tests returning ok. I turned off the power, then back on after 2 minutes and it's been running fine for the last 2 hours without any glitches and the Main GAL is now running cooler :)

Maybe it just needed a Burn-In? No need to send this one back...

• Like 1

I tested my Sys-Check II last night and today in a stock 130XE.

Last night it ran for 40 minutes and the RAM Test started showing false Bad Ram checks and then the screen got really garbled even after a Reset or Power cycle.

So I left it cool off for 10 minutes as the Main GAL was getting warmer than normal.

Turned it back on and the tests ran ok with slight screen noise (stray pixels) after 20 minutes...

Today it ran for 1 hour and the display started getting wonky (text colors were changing and again more screen noise, never the less it kept chugging away with the tests returning ok. I turned off the power, then back on after 2 minutes and it's been running fine for the last 2 hours without any glitches and the Main GAL is now running cooler :)

Maybe it just needed a Burn-In? No need to send this one back...

Thanks for sharing this. I´ve tested the rest of my stock, each device is in a endless loop using MEMDRV.COM memory test. Until now they are o.k.

So I hope this might be not a mass problem. But I´m wondering,. sounds very special :)

My Sys-Check II testing memory routine is runnig for one hour with a 130XE and "memory good" message is always displayed.

Different results sometimes appears with an Ultimate 1 MB equipped 800XL but I have to do other tests; perhaps it depends on U1MB settings.

Surely you cannot use 512KB memory expansion together with U1MB (with memory expansion disabled): garbage appears.

• Like 1

Hi,

as promised in the old thread, I´ve make 20 pieces of Sys-Check V2.2 ready. The board is a ready-to-use external device, no need to solder.

Sys-Check V2.2 can be used with every XL (with PBI, so all models except the 1200 XL) and XE (which have an ECI). The XEGS and same rare 65XE/800XE models without ECI can´t used with Sys-Check.

The external solution Sys-Check V2.2 enables the following features:

• Diagnostic for dead (not starting) computers. In a lot of cases the computer will start which Sys-Check attached and will check the memory. If any bad RAM chip is detected, Sys-Check will show it - using a simple, but easy to follow graphical expression.
  • Also bad OS-ROMs will be detected
  • Sys-Check use a flash-ROM for it´s contents. This flash can be changed using your Atari XL/XE computer, no special hardware needed. I will work on more functions for diagnostics this year.
  • Up to four different operating systems or Sys-Check firmwares can be hold by the flash-ROM
  • For testing purposes, any standard ROM or EPROM with a XL/XE operating system can also be placed in the flash´s socket
  • Sys-Check can also be used as an external operating-system switcher / enabler. You can easily enable the Old-OS (from 400/800) for old games or so - without changing anything inside your computer
  • 512 KByte external, RAMBO-compatible memory expansion. This memory expansion is 100% compatible to the classic RAMBO standard and can be used with any software which uses extended memory
  • External operating-system switcher and external 512 KByte memory expansion can be used together - so Sys-Check V2.2 can lift up any stock XL/XE to an actual machine for modern games and demos - without soldering

Of course a complete manual is offered for Sys-Check explaining the technical hints and how to use it (in english and german)

Scope of delivery:

• Soldered and tested Sys-Check V2.2 PCB for all Atari XL (except 1200 XL) and all XE (except XEGS and XE without ECI)
  • Manual and technical documentation (sent by email)

Important note - please read carefully!

As written above, I´ve make 20 pieces ready. These 20 units will be shipped out to the purchasers in 2-3 days after received payment! The rule is simple: First come, first serve. The "ranking" is done by timestamp of the paypal payment notication email. So the "early birds" are getting their Sys-Check within 2-3 weeks (typical delivery time to the USA for example, within europe 3-4 days). All other have to wait until I assemble the next batch, which may take until the beginning of May 2016 (so delivery at your home make take until the end of May 2016).

How to order:

• 1 (one) Sys-Check V2.2 external PCB costs 45 Euros.
  • Shipping for one or two pieces worldwide is 7 Euros (Registered Letter "Recommandé", refund in case of lost or damage max. 37 Euros!) or 9 Euros (Insured & Registered Letter, refund in case of lost or damage up to 100 Euros)
  • If you want to order more than 2, please contact me before sending money (email: tf_hh@gmx.de)

Please multiply the quantity of Sys-Check V2.2 you want with 45, add the shipping costs and sent the money via Paypal. Please have attention to the following hints to make it easier for me and you!

- Sent the money in the currency EURO to the Paypal-Account tf_hh@gmx.de

- Please add your AtariAge nick name to the comment field in the Paypal transaction to know who you are ;)

- Be sure that the delivery address is complete and fully written in the Paypal transaction

- I will respond to the email address sent by Paypal. If you want me to use an other email address, write it down in the comment field ("informations for seller")

- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY AS A GIFT

- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY FOR A FRIEND

- Use "Pay for goods and services"

I know it´s friendly to do that, but Paypal will close my account when I got to much transfers "as a gift". In the calculation of Sys-Check´s price of 45 Euros the Paypal fee for receiving money and currency conversion is already included. So don´t worry about it!

Every payment is confirmed by email within 24 hours. I will add your email-address to my mailing list and will keep you up-to-date on every step I do until items are shipped.

Payments will collected until April, the 17th (then I order PCBs and parts, if more than 20 units are sold).

Any questions? Don´t hesitate to contact me!

Regards, Jurgen

Cool i just bought one.. Douglas Berlier aka rockdoc2010 on AA I sent 49Eu for taxes and shipping and the like.. enjoy!

• Like 1