IGNORED

Special Intellivision announcement - Saturday April 23 6:00 pm

Rev

It became trolling when you crossed the line from just expressing an opinion to obsessively brow-beating everyone with your crusade to hi-jack a thread in an attempt to suck the joy out of an announcement that is supposed to be fun.

The only problem with your statement is... it wasn't a crusade to hi-jack anything. I expressed my opinion at one point, and others kept responding, and I kept responding back.

Also, the announcement was already over when this discussion began.

Personally I've found being a completist type of collector to be the most frustrating of all. There are always new variants and versions of things out there. There's always new titles coming out. Some at inopportune and inconvenient times.

So you either deal with it. Suck it up. Or change collecting styles.

I get that I can change my collecting styles. My whole point is that if I have to change my collecting styles, THAT is a reaction to what others have placed on the table, so to speak. It wasn't that way before, and it doesn't have to be that way now. They're the cause... I'm just reacting to it.

I HAVEN'T CHANGED. THEY HAVE. AND NOT FOR THE BETTER.

Edited by Eric7100

You've gone so far past expressing your opinion and well into verbally abusing Rev. I'd say it's now borderline cyber bullying. I'm wondering at this point if Al should get involved.

I'm sorry you feel that way. The only thing I called Rev was evil. And really, I meant his business practices. And again, that's in MY honest opinion.

Just curious... you don't think there's anything wrong with him cloning himself into me, and using a crying baby as his avatar? That's not cyber bullying?

I get that I can change my collecting styles. My whole point is that if I have to change my collecting styles, THAT is a reaction to what others have placed on the table, so to speak. It wasn't that way before, and it doesn't have to be that way now. They're the cause... I'm just reacting to it.

This is a case where you are not digging down to the root cause. The root cause is that your income doesn't match your collecting style. Your going to have to change one and/or the other. It's extremely unreasonable to expect the collector market to cater to your income level. What if one of the other game developers decided to put out a few extra games. Would you start blaming them also? In order to satisfy you, all the game developers would have to get together and plan their total output so that it doesn't exceed your means. Does that really seem reasonable to you?

• Like 2

This was a particularly confusing thread to read from the beginning, as both user names and profile pictures changed for each page. At some points, I had to go back to figure out who's who.

For the record, I never changed my user name or profile picture. Who would do something so childish?

Intellivision Revolution would like to thank everyone for their continued support. Here at Intellivision Revolution we strive to keep the Intellivision alive by releasing classic games in this modern era.

It would be nice if they did it slowly, though.

Edited by Eric7100

It is unfathomable that anyone would complain there are too many unless you're a completist collector - in which case you're doomed from the get-go.

That would be me.

But I wasn't doomed from the get-go. The "get-go" days of Intellivision homebrew collecting were far from dooming... they were perfect. It's only NOW that the doom sets in.

This is a case where you are not digging down to the root cause. The root cause is that your income doesn't match your collecting style. Your going to have to change one and/or the other. It's extremely unreasonable to expect the collector market to cater to your income level. What if one of the other game developers decided to put out a few extra games. Would you start blaming them also? In order to satisfy you, all the game developers would have to get together and plan their total output so that it doesn't exceed your means. Does that really seem reasonable to you?

I certainly would blame them. I would blame them for the heartache they're causing to former completists, who can't be completists anymore, thanks specifically to them.

Game developers should care about their customers. If that means "getting together and planning their total output so that it doesn't exceed their customers' means," then so be it. It's better than them being selfish, by doing things THEIR way, without regard for every single one of their customers.

Neat feature:

[click to enlarge]

attachicon.gifignored.png

Manage Ignore Prefs is under your profile settings by clicking on your name in the top right of the window or below...

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

Run, Tarzilla, run.

Nowadays, everybody runs from a discussion. Because it's the easy thing to do.

I'm so glad I'm not in that category. I'll listen to anybody. I don't run away from people who share different viewpoints from myself, as a child would.

Edited by Eric7100

No market I'm aware of caters to any one single individual - except maybe one-on-one trades with someone giving you a break. And that's a marketplace of two, a buyer and a seller.

I certainly would blame them. I would blame them for the heartache they're causing to former completists, who can't be completists anymore, thanks specifically to them.

Game developers should care about their customers. If that means "getting together and planning their total output so that it doesn't exceed their customers' means," then so be it. It's better than them being selfish, by doing things THEIR way, without regard for every single one of their customers.

My head just exploded.
  • Like 1

Run, Tarzilla, run.

Nowadays, everybody runs from a discussion. Because it's the easy thing to do.

I'm so glad I'm not in that category. I'll listen to anybody. I don't run away from people who share different viewpoints from myself, as a child would.

That's like saying "why do people run from getting hit in the head with a bat?". Your constant harassment and negativity drive people away. You've stated in other threads you see multiple doctors, take anti-anxiety meds yet you show a very unhealthy social attitude here.

Here are numerous threads where you seem to be vying for attention and trolling at the same time, definitely a pattern of yours:

http://atariage.com/...iminal-charges/

http://atariage.com/...nse-revocation/

http://atariage.com/...nks-a-lot-guys/

http://atariage.com/...just-an-update/

http://atariage.com/...t/#entry3028264

http://atariage.com/...-criminal-case/

Like Tarzilla and many others here, I'm done with you.

• Like 1

I will you give you this, you are an interesting dude. Taking everything I have read into consideration, I am making the following assumptions:

- You really had your heart set on a complete homebrew collection for Inty

- You now realize that this isn't realistic and are in soul searching mode.

- Coming from the completist mindset, you feel that the people putting the games out are "taking advantage of you", where most others see beneficial options

- I would imagine that now, your perceived value of the collection you have amassed so far is severely diminished, because you can't "have them all"

I feel like you may be a lot like my wife, in that you can understand every rational argument as to why you should not feel a certain way, but, you still feel that way. Given that, I will chime out with a simple "sorry for your loss".

• Like 5

I'm not trying to play anything. But if I'm the victim of having to change my buying practices, due to Rev changing the business model of how often Intellivision homebrews get released, then so be it.

I assure you.. You are not a victim here. Keep in mind the market does not care about any one individual. The market will do whatever it takes to be as profitable as possible - all things considered. Markets don't exit for generosity. Charities do.

Your collection may be a victim, if you could assign feelings and consciousness to it. And it would be a 50/50 combo of your inadequate funds and too rapid a release schedule.

Your wants and desires may be a victim, because they become incapable of controlling things. Incapable of getting their way.

But not you yourself, you're not the victim.

Rev is forcing me to buy fewer homebrews because I can't keep up with him anymore.

Rev isn't doing that.

When one gets involved with a project (or making something), one should ensure there are sufficient materials and supplies to carry out the task.

Collecting everything and anything can get to be real expensive. Including air samples, soon enough you want a bag of air from every country. Then it becomes every state, then city, then zip code, then individual house holds. I gave up collecting air samples age ago and just enjoy the summer breeze. I occasional even fart into it - thus getting a rise out of other collectors!

If you haven't realized that yet, you will, sooner or later. All collectors do.

That may be so. You may need to change your collecting styles. For the record I have no idea what you have and desire. But some rules apply universally.

Most collectors are reactionary and are only active by dishing out X amount of dollars per item. Some may set the pace temporarily by making new things or putting other things on the market. And some people that set the pace are not even collectors themselves, but simply selling an item.

It is important to come to terms with sometimes being placed in a reactionary situation. I can't control whether the guy in front of me at the movies outgasses last night's butterburgers. But I can react and change seats, perhaps even request a refund and return for the next show.

Equally the same I cannot control when X item appears on the market - unless I am creating that market myself by creating or selling a one of a kind item or buying it out from someone else.

Yes, there have been times I've borrowed money to snipe an ePay auction. And other times I've set the pace for all of but one day.

• Like 3