IGNORED

Special Intellivision announcement - Saturday April 23 6:00 pm

Rev

You're just going to have to deal with it somehow. I've got two Elektronite games coming out this year. And, I know of two other games that nobody knows about that are coming out as well.

I need to recoup the money I've invested. I really hope to sell enough to do that and hope that you have the money to buy one (if you want a copy)...but frankly, you personally have ZERO consideration when I look to do a release.

Yeah, Rev (and others) are doing releases.....I guess to make you happy, some people should just quit.

In the case of my board runs, they go into five figures. I can't just do one game and be happy with it and say.....'Well, I don't want to stress Eric, so I should just sit on these thousands of dollars worth of circuit boards'......should I?

I have no problem with you personally, or with the pace of Elektronite's releases. Keep up the good work.

Sell it off man. It isn't worth it. No need to stress over something that is supposed to be fun.

Sadly (for me, anyway), it may come to that.

I just wish Rev could SEE that he's taking the fun away for me, instead of completely ignoring the logic in my posts, making childish jokes, and even cloning himself to make fun of me.

Thank you for judging me.

I call it "selfish" because, as another poster suggested, these people are doing things in their own way, thinking only of themselves. They don't care about the heartache they've caused to the people who spent years with a smile on their face, because they proudly owned every homebrew, and now, THANKS TO THEM, they no longer can.

And I call you self-centered because that's precisely what you're being. And quite frankly, a spoiled, immature brat who can't imagine anyone else behaving any differently than himself.

Has it ever even occurred to you that there are people out there who couldn't even afford every homebrew release on the previous schedule? Maybe they would prefer things even slower - say one game every 3 years or so. That way they could proudly own every homebrew. But because we have 1, 2, sometimes 5-6 games every year, they just can't afford it. I bet there are people out there who can't even get a copy of a lot of games because people like yourself buy 2 of every release. Ever thought of only buying a single copy, so that you can put a smile on someone else's face?

Should the entire world slow down production of things to deal with the poorest collector out there? Should we double our print runs, and perhaps take a loss, just to make sure you can get 2 copies of everything? Or are you implying that YOUR budget and YOUR preference for release timing is PERFECT, and to hell with what anyone else wants? Because that is exactly what every post of yours is saying. MEMEMEMEMEMEME.

You complain about the cost of things, when you have literally no idea how much it costs to produce this stuff (let alone the time invested in it). You complain about "too many games" when the vast majority of people here are happy as clams to have even more new games coming out. You question people's names, for god's sake.

There's nothing "selfish" about not bowing to your every specific wish. Other people have tried to be reasonably patient with you and explain things politely, but you refuse to pay any attention to it, or ever admit that you're in the wrong (and you generally are) and frankly I'm getting sick of your attitude. The people releasing these games, with few exceptions, make almost no money on this. They're not doing it to rip you off, or somehow exploit your purchasing weaknesses. They're not in any way, shape, or form being selfish. IN THE SLIGHTEST. They're spending considerable personal time, and usually money, to share something with the community.

Only to be shat on by someone like yourself.

Grow up.

Sadly (for me, anyway), it may come to that.

I just wish Rev could SEE that he's taking the fun away for me, instead of completely ignoring the logic in my posts, making childish jokes, and even cloning himself to make fun of me.

There is no logic in your posts. Only self-centred (yes, self-centred is correctly spelled as per the non-American way) whining. Please switch to collecting a different system, I hear the Fairchild Channel F and 3do homebrew release schedules are more your speed.

And I call you self-centered because that's precisely what you're being. And quite frankly, a spoiled, immature brat who can't imagine anyone else behaving any differently than himself.

Has it ever even occurred to you that there are people out there who couldn't even afford every homebrew release on the previous schedule? Maybe they would prefer things even slower - say one game every 3 years or so. That way they could proudly own every homebrew. But because we have 1, 2, sometimes 5-6 games every year, they just can't afford it. I bet there are people out there who can't even get a copy of a lot of games because people like yourself buy 2 of every release. Ever thought of only buying a single copy, so that you can put a smile on someone else's face?

Should the entire world slow down production of things to deal with the poorest collector out there? Should we double our print runs, and perhaps take a loss, just to make sure you can get 2 copies of everything? Or are you implying that YOUR budget and YOUR preference for release timing is PERFECT, and to hell with what anyone else wants? Because that is exactly what every post of yours is saying. MEMEMEMEMEMEME.

You complain about the cost of things, when you have literally no idea how much it costs to produce this stuff (let alone the time invested in it). You complain about "too many games" when the vast majority of people here are happy as clams to have even more new games coming out. You question people's names, for god's sake.

There's nothing "selfish" about not bowing to your every specific wish. Other people have tried to be reasonably patient with you and explain things politely, but you refuse to pay any attention to it, or ever admit that you're in the wrong (and you generally are) and frankly I'm getting sick of your attitude. The people releasing these games, with few exceptions, make almost no money on this. They're not doing it to rip you off, or somehow exploit your purchasing weaknesses. They're not in any way, shape, or form being selfish. IN THE SLIGHTEST. They're spending considerable personal time, and usually money, to share something with the community.

Only to be shat on by someone like yourself.

Grow up.

It is selfish for others to think only of their pace, and not how it may affect consumers.

And it wasn't MY preference for release timing that was perfect... it was the release timing "that just happened to dictate" the early years of Intellivision homebrews that was perfect. It wasn't broken, and didn't need to be fixed.

There is no logic in your posts. Only self-centred (yes, self-centred is correctly spelled as per the non-American way) whining. Please switch to collecting a different system, I hear the Fairchild Channel F and 3do homebrew release schedules are more your speed.

There is plenty of logic in my posts. You just fail to see it.

A slower release schedule allows completists to remain happy by being able to collect all of the homebrews without declaring bankruptcy. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Edited by Eric7100

There is plenty of logic in my posts. You just fail to see it.

A slower release schedule allows completists to remain happy by being able to collect all of the homebrews without declaring bankruptcy. Sounds perfectly logical to me.

you think everyone feels the way you do or should. You are the only person i have heard asking to slow down. I heard several people say they wanted more. So by majority vote you would lose. I would love to own every homebrew out there. I own two. I consider myself a completist but i am also a realist and know i cant own everything that comes out. I sure want more and more games to come out though. The more games i can dream about owning the better. I wish i had the money you do to buy two of every game but i cant. Im ok with that. You cant always have your way and get what you want. Theres this thing called reality. You should give it a try sometime.
  • Like 1

From Wikipedia: Majority rule is a decision rule that selects alternatives which have a majority, that is, more than half the votes.

The minority is free to express its opinion and must wait to become majority to impose its rules. It's simple and we might not like it sometimes.

Eric, it seems like the majority here doesn't want a slower pace. We all know what you think about it but you can't change the opinion of the most. Let it be.

I consider myself a completist but i am also a realist and know i cant own everything that comes out.

But YOU could... I could... we ALL could... if people like Rev would just slow down. How many times do I have to say this?

THEY are the ones making it impossible for ALL of us (including those financially drained) to own everything that comes out. It's nothing that WE'RE doing. It's what THEY'RE doing.

Guys, chill out. Eric is just trolling you. All this arguing is not real. He's just looking for attention. :roll:

Like with any troll, I say, just ignore him and he'll go away.

Guess again, Sherlock. Where did you get your detective degree?

Looking for attention is not the goal. Expressing my honest opinion is. Since when did that become trolling?

Try buying only 1 of each new homebrew instead of 2. Sell off duplicates to be able to afford new homebrews. Problem solved. :)

I'm just working out the logistics of what month... what week... when exactly... I will begin doing this. It may solve the problem, but I will always blame Rev for forcing me to do so. And with that blame, comes resentment. So I guess I will resent him forever. Not exactly a great business approach on his part, allowing for even ONE of his customers to resent him.

Guess again, Sherlock. Where did you get your detective degree?

Looking for attention is not the goal. Expressing my honest opinion is. Since when did that become trolling?

It became trolling when you crossed the line from just expressing an opinion to obsessively brow-beating everyone with your crusade to hi-jack a thread in an attempt to suck the joy out of an announcement that is supposed to be fun.

• Like 2