IGNORED

It Will Soon Be Time...

I really with you guys would stop selling so many of your games at once. It makes it impossible to buy them all up. I can only afford a League of Light or 4-Tris showing up on the market every 4 months or so.

I wish you'd all be more considerate of the collectors out there, instead of just selfishly selling off dozens of games all at once for your own selfish purposes.

Keep in mind that I wouldn't have to sell anything, if it wasn't for this kind of selfish behavior on the part of the game releasers.

Keep in mind that I wouldn't have to sell anything, if it wasn't for this kind of selfish behavior on the part of the game releasers.

I see. It was Rev, David, and William that caused you to lose your job and go into debt? Wow! :o

I dont really understand the part where you are able to buy any homebrew when you are jobless and have hundreds of thousands debts. Seems strange to spend any money on that instead of paying your debts. So the publishers have done you a real favor to focus on important things in life ;)

• Like 2

I thought we were talking about who released too many homebrews too quickly, thus forcing me to no longer be able to afford a complete homebrew collection.

I thought you were talking about how you cannot keep up with the pace of releases because you don't have the cash, on account of not having a job and having too much debt.

You then blame the publishers for your lack of cash, essentially suggesting that they cause you to lose your job, which results in not having cash, which is why you have to sell your collection.

Is this curcular logic what you really meant to say? Or are you again just trolling for sympathy and attention?

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

I dont really understand the part where you are able to buy any homebrew when you are jobless and have hundreds of thousands debts. Seems strange to spend any money on that instead of paying your debts. So the publishers have done you a real favor to focus on important things in life ;)

Never overestimate the priorities of gamers - God bless 'us! :lol:

Well, you can't just live for paying bills, because that would make life pretty sad, but here we go again with that "I need two of each" Noah-way-of-life. Yeah the story is not nice to hear, but there are several things that do not fit together. So even if he has real problems, his complaints are ridiculous if we count one and one together.

• Like 1

No, they haven't. They've turned me bitter, sour, and resentful because they wouldn't slow the F down.

I thought you were talking about how you cannot keep up with the pace of releases because you don't have the cash, on account of not having a job and having too much debt.

You then blame the publishers for your lack of cash, essentially suggesting that they cause you to lose your job, which results in not having cash, which is why you have to sell your collection.

Is this curcular logic what you really meant to say? Or are you again just trolling for sympathy and attention?

I never trolled to begin with.

Are you being purposely thick-headed? I never blamed the publishers for my lack of cash, nor causing me to lose my job. I'm blaming them for releasing new titles too quickly, so that those of us who USED to be able to maintain a complete collection NO LONGER CAN, because too much money is NOW involved.

We could discuss if its trolling that you completely ignore the multi-quote option. Its not necessary to express your thoughts in 3-4 posts in a row.

And if you got bitter sell your stuff, leave the scene and get happy again. I can't see a reasonably reason for staying here and feeling bad more and more. I had a similar point like you and I just took some weeks or may month pause from Intellivision scene, helps a lot.

Edited by Ignorama

Something like that. I gave up trying to be a completist collector for the Apple II back in the 80's. And just reaffirmed my stance not too long ago. So much happier that I can acquire whatever the damned hell I please on occasion. Not having to baggie-chase every release is a good thing.

And if you got bitter sell your stuff, leave the scene and get happy again. I can't see a reasonably reason for staying here and feeling bad more and more. I had a similar point like you and I just took some weeks or may month pause from Intellivision scene, helps a lot.

Eric, Ignorama has a point here. its not healthy for you being stressed ,sad, angry, just always in a fowl mood. Reading your posts , there's some signs of bipolar. Your mood swings between post swing dramatically. This is not meant to insult you. Just a concern for you.

Depression, Anxiety, dramatic mood changes is nothing to laugh about. Its an epidemic in the western society.

For you health and mind it might be a good thing to consider Ignormas advise.

Completism is a myth. Actually, it's more of a fool's errand if taken too literally. There's always something else that's either too rare or too expensive. The idea of a 'complete' collection is a limit, not an endpoint. You never reach it, you only approach it. Understand this, then you can decide what you really want in terms of your collection 8)

• Like 4

"I need two of each" Noah-way-of-life.

Noah collected 2 of each so the species could repopulate after the flood.

Based on that, I am going to flood CMart's basement in the hopes that some of the rare games will start breeding, producing a market glut of hard-to-find games. $10 Spiker, here we come!

• Like 3

I can see all this discussion of dick, ahem, of rapid releasing for intellivision starting to rub off and cause others to second-guess their collecting strategies.

You my friend, get BONUS POINTS! You used the following in a sentence:

dick

rapid releasing

rub off

:-o :-o :-o :-o

• Like 2