IGNORED

Toki for the 7800 PAL / NTSC Edition Cartridge POLL

Willard

216 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Version of Toki

• NTSC
    • PAL

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The postal strike will be Canada wide as of Friday..So you can not get one Shawn. :(

FedEx and UPS are still going strong. Fuck CanadaPost.

I would not send him one anyway, it'd come out in China, before we can even release it. :evil:

:ponder:

• Like 1

I just dug through my pile of 7800s and this is the closest I can find to yours Shawn.

Mitch

And does this one have any troubles with games that use various eproms? It seems this machine works well with some and glitches hard or doesn't work at at all with others.

EDIT: This machine in question works perfect with retail games I will add, it's only carts with eproms that give it troubles.

Edited by Shawn

And does this one have any troubles with games that use various eproms? It seems this machine works well with some and glitches hard or doesn't work at at all with others.

EDIT: This machine in question works perfect with retail games I will add, it's only carts with eproms that give it troubles.

I think I have one like that it hates homebrews. it should die..
  • Like 2

I don't remember if it did or not. Did you check the voltage regulator to see if it is weak?

Mitch

I don't remember if it did or not. Did you check the voltage regulator to see if it is weak?

Mitch

Yep, replaced it with 2 different brands just to be sure. I have no clue why it does this. It's very strange. It's only the second 7800 I've ever owned that acts like this.

EDIT: As mentioned it's only with some brands of eproms as well. Funny thing is I BIOS modded it and it didn't mind that at all. Never an issue but an eprom in a game? Best hope it's a brand she likes or otherwise....nada.

Edited by Shawn

7800's are fricking weird, I have 5 at hand and only one can map all unused memory to a RAM chip. If that wasn't the case, the world would have a sick ass PCB by now.

At best, right now, I could make one that does 144K (or 272K, or 528K), plus 6K RAM and POKEY. But on the one board I have, I can map all extra memory to RAM.

Yep, replaced it with 2 different brands just to be sure. I have no clue why it does this. It's very strange. It's only the second 7800 I've ever owned that acts like this.

EDIT: As mentioned it's only with some brands of eproms as well. Funny thing is I BIOS modded it and it didn't mind that at all. Never an issue but an eprom in a game? Best hope it's a brand she likes or otherwise....nada.

Are they bankswitched games or just plain invertor plus EPROM? Likely a timing issue regardless.

Mitch

Are they bankswitched games or just plain invertor plus EPROM? Likely a timing issue regardless.

Mitch

Bankswitched games. EPROM + inverter works fine IIRC. 32k and under was ok but again, I've not bothered with it in a while. I just use it to test odd brands of eproms agenst it when doing batches of homebrews or repros just to make sure I don't use a brand that random 7800's won't work with. Nothing more embarrassing than sending a cart to someone that won't work for them.

It may be the PAL/GAL chip you are using. I have seen that problem before.

If you are using large EPROMs using the slowest speed you can find usually works better for me on those picky 7800s.

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...