IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Got mine in the mail today and took off work early to play some Jag games. First impressions are very, very good. As others have reported, the cartridge shell is top quality and the label looks great. Getting the custom firmware installed is dead simple. The menu system is simple, well laid out, and quick; the marquee files add a nice touch. Game loads are fast, just a few seconds with a progress bar. This is really a must have for the Jaguar. OK, enough talk, back to gaming...thanks @SainT!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, AtariDean said:

How do you find out where you are in the list. Put my name down for one months ago.

if you ordered through RetroHQ then your order is gone, most of us ordered over a year ago and those orders that have not yet been filled are not being honored either.  If you put your name down at Atari Age (where orders will come from in the future) then you will have to wait to find out where you are in that list.  Many of us put our names down for that list as well many months ago and have not heard anything yet.  Our assumption is that someone from Atari age will be in touch with us over the next few months.  As to not get my hopes up i am anticipating that i will get my hands on one 9-12 months from now, I ordered within the first few hours from RetroHQ and put my name on the Atari list within the first few hours of that list as well.  When its finally available i will feel like i earned it, i bet i have over a hundred hours into reading this thread, and refreshing it every day to see if there is any new news.

• Thanks 1

Got mine today! Had fun firing it up and trying out various Jag originals, demos, homebrews, and ST ports.

Setup was easy and everything I tried worked right away, save one or two files I think only work on a Skunkboard and haven't yet been updated for JagGD compatibility. I'm using a little no-name 2GB MicroSD card I had lying around, which works perfectly (and will do fine unless and until CD support comes along).

• Like 1

Given that the wide availability of this device is starting to feel legitimately imminent, has there been any progress convincing the folks that have the rights to the Jag version of Another World to release/sell the ROM for users of the JadSD?  Last time I asked I was told they were planning another run of physical carts, but I’ve been on the list for 3 years now and there hasn’t been any activity or, as far as I can tell, even any conversation for over a year now - it really seems like a “third run” is a dry well.

18 hours ago, grifter said:

if you ordered through RetroHQ then your order is gone, most of us ordered over a year ago and those orders that have not yet been filled are not being honored either.  If you put your name down at Atari Age (where orders will come from in the future) then you will have to wait to find out where you are in that list.  Many of us put our names down for that list as well many months ago and have not heard anything yet.  Our assumption is that someone from Atari age will be in touch with us over the next few months.  As to not get my hopes up i am anticipating that i will get my hands on one 9-12 months from now, I ordered within the first few hours from RetroHQ and put my name on the Atari list within the first few hours of that list as well.  When its finally available i will feel like i earned it, i bet i have over a hundred hours into reading this thread, and refreshing it every day to see if there is any new news.

Ah,so it works that way over here,sjeez,worst order i made,even more  as psio.

Only 14 before me,no email,not a single sign that those orders get canceled.

I can understand health is important,but after he is better,he could atleast email or get a statement out that all existing orders get cancelled.

And statement could be on this thread,not everyone comes here day by day.

26 minutes ago, fille1976 said:

I can understand health is important,but after he is better,he could atleast email or get a statement out that all existing orders get cancelled.

The orders you placed with AtariHQ aren’t cancelled exactly.  The whole situation seems to be much more fluid than that.  The _plan_ is for all future orders to be fulfilled by AA, but I don’t think SaiNT has completely ruled out the possibility of making more himself - he just hasn’t committed to doing so because the hope is that AA will soon be ramped up to the point where these are just always in stock.  If that winds up taking longer than expected who knows, maybe he will find the time to make more himself. If he does, he will email you first to confirm before charging and shipping. If you placed an order on RetroHQ and you put yourself on the list at AA, just take whichever one gets back with you first.

A lot of us have waited a very very long time for this - you’re not in a unique situation. If you want to compare stories, I have been watching this thread since it was a subtopic on the Lynx SD thread (maybe 3 years now - I’ve lost track).  As the release approached I watched like a hawk checking every couple of hours for over a month because there was never any announcement of what day they would go on sale.  After staying up for four hours refreshing and waiting for these to drop I made the mistake of going to bed out of exhaustion  10 minutes before these initially went on sale.  I was told there would be an email sent out so I had an alert set to wake me up, but the email never came. Complaining about it is just going to create stress, it’s not going to suddenly make the process move faster. In fact complaining is partly to blame for this taking as long as it has.  So for your sake and the sake of everyone involved, please just relax and be patient.

6 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

The orders you placed with AtariHQ aren’t cancelled exactly.  The whole situation seems to be much more fluid than that.  The _plan_ is for all future orders to be fulfilled by AA, but I don’t think SaiNT has completely ruled out the possibility of making more himself - he just hasn’t committed to doing so because the hope is that AA will soon be ramped up to the point where these are just always in stock.  If that winds up taking longer than expected who knows, maybe he will find the time to make more himself. If he does, he will email you first to confirm before charging and shipping. If you placed an order on RetroHQ and you put yourself on the list at AA, just take whichever one gets back with you first.

A lot of us have waited a very very long time for this - you’re not in a unique situation. If you want to compare stories, I have been watching this thread since it was a subtopic on the Lynx SD thread (maybe 3 years now - I’ve lost track).  As the release approached I watched like a hawk checking every couple of hours for over a month because there was never any announcement of what day they would go on sale.  After staying up for four hours refreshing and waiting for these to drop I made the mistake of going to bed out of exhaustion  10 minutes before these initially went on sale.  I was told there would be an email sent out so I had an alert set to wake me up, but the email never came. Complaining about it is just going to create stress, it’s not going to suddenly make the process move faster. In fact complaining is partly to blame for this taking as long as it has.  So for your sake and the sake of everyone involved, please just relax and be patient.

No offense to Saint,first he's health.

But...,the lack of info is strange,thats all for me.

I know he's not amazon or a big company,but he has to clear this out how its goin to be with the new retro hq orders,atleast for those that order there.

If i order it via atariage store or dragonbox.de,i don't care,but i have to get info,and we get nothing for now.

Edited by fille1976

9 minutes ago, fille1976 said:

No offense to Saint,first he's health.

But...,the lack of info is strange,thats all for me.

I know he's not amazon or a big company,but he has to clear this out how its goin to be with the new retro hq orders,atleast for those that order there.

If i order it via atariage store or dragonbox.de,i don't care,but i have to get info,and we get nothing for now.

I’m trying not to be indelicate here, but the bottom line is that SaiNT doesn’t have to do anything.  He can pack this all in and walk away without owing anyone anything. In fact that’s very nearly what he did in response to all of the entitlement and negativity he got hit with during that first run. If you find the process too eccentric for you then perhaps it’s best if you just pretend to yourself that the JagGD has been discontinued, and in a couple of years when the thought occurs to check in again you can be pleasantly surprised to see them in stock at AA or SAG.

Edited by samson7point1
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, fille1976 said:

There are still a few carts unclaimed as not everyone has paid from the last mails I’ve sent out, so nothing has changed, the previous statement saying I’ll update you when I know more still stands.

I’m aware it’s been a complete f***ing farce, but unfortunately thats what happens when you’re a single person trying to deal with manufacture and sales of several products while also having other work, life, etc, all going on. I burn the candle at both ends and seemingly in the middle at times, so it feels.

I am aware I’ve not individually emailed everyone to update them, which would have been far better practice, but as I say, single person, other things, life, health etc etc etc, it’s just not happened.

As has been stated before, this is why I have moved to using other retailers to deal with the sales as I simply do not have the ability to handle it. For the other products I sell this has worked VERY well, and this is happen with the Jaguar as well.

I’m sorry you feeling waiting for something you have not paid for, but have expressed interest in purchasing when it is available, such a disheartening process.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

I’m trying not to be indelicate here, but the bottom line is that SaiNT doesn’t have to do anything.  He can pack this all in and walk away without owing anyone anything. In fact that’s very nearly what he did in response to all of the entitlement and negativity he got hit with during that first run. If you find the process too eccentric for you then perhaps it’s best if you just pretend to yourself that the JagGD has been discontinued, and in a couple of years when the thought occurs to check in again you can be pleasantly surprised to see them in stock at AA or SAG.

I feel the same way.  SaiNT can just walk away without doing anything else.

And I have not received one. There are 149 in front of me and if I get one great, if not thanks to SaiNT for making these.

Edited by rayik
Correct spelling

24 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

This sums it up for me. Essentially this is a hobby for me, it provides an income, but I have other work as well. I do this because I (mostly) enjoy it, I could quite happily walk away and it makes no odds to me at all. However I enjoy making these things and get great gratification from the enjoyment these devices bring to others.

To be blunt, how many of you reading this think they could handle trying to produce 3 products, design more, sort out and improve production while doing other work, keeping the family happy, etc? I’ll point out again, I’m a single person doing all of this. I’m sure this gets overlooked or misunderstood, SINGLE PERSON. I think that may be clear. :)

You’ll find the are very very few people able or willing to do this, it’s not easy in any way, and this is always compounded by people wanting more, quicker. I can only go as quick as I am. I will never hide behind shit health, sometimes it fucks me over massively, but other times I just want to spend time with my family or do other things which are essential to enjoying my life. Not ALL my free time can be dedicated to retro pastimes.

I have thick skin and am am extremely happy within myself in what I have and continue to achieve. Personally I can’t believe what I have managed to do with these carts, but I’m just trying to get people to understand what the situation is and why I don’t have the customer relations and production capacity of amazon.

SINGLE PERSON. HOBBY.

;)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 10

28 minutes ago, SainT said:

There are still a few carts unclaimed as not everyone has paid from the last mails I’ve sent out, so nothing has changed, the previous statement saying I’ll update you when I know more still stands.

I’m aware it’s been a complete f***ing farce, but unfortunately thats what happens when you’re a single person trying to deal with manufacture and sales of several products while also having other work, life, etc, all going on. I burn the candle at both ends and seemingly in the middle at times, so it feels.

I am aware I’ve not individually emailed everyone to update them, which would have been far better practice, but as I say, single person, other things, life, health etc etc etc, it’s just not happened.

As has been stated before, this is why I have moved to using other retailers to deal with the sales as I simply do not have the ability to handle it. For the other products I sell this has worked VERY well, and this is happen with the Jaguar as well.

I’m sorry you feeling waiting for something you have not paid for, but have expressed interest in purchasing when it is available, such a disheartening process.

Saint,i like your stuff much,its quality,and you can't do anything you get sick,also you have personel life.

But in the future if something like this happen,maybe at the frontpage of thread explain the situation,just a suggestion.

I ordered in the past both neo geo pocket and lynx flashcards from you.

But it is what it is Saint,after all its not the end of the world,hopefully your health is better,thats what most matters.

I will see if my retro hq order comes,if not ill have to wait till somewhere next year.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SainT said:

This sums it up for me. Essentially this is a hobby for me, it provides an income, but I have other work as well. I do this because I (mostly) enjoy it, I could quite happily walk away and it makes no odds to me at all. However I enjoy making these things and get great gratification from the enjoyment these devices bring to others.

To be blunt, how many of you reading this think they could handle trying to produce 3 products, design more, sort out and improve production while doing other work, keeping the family happy, etc? I’ll point out again, I’m a single person doing all of this. I’m sure this gets overlooked or misunderstood, SINGLE PERSON. I think that may be clear. :)

You’ll find the are very very few people able or willing to do this, it’s not easy in any way, and this is always compounded by people wanting more, quicker. I can only go as quick as I am. I will never hide behind shit health, sometimes it fucks me over massively, but other times I just want to spend time with my family or do other things which are essential to enjoying my life. Not ALL my free time can be dedicated to retro pastimes.

I have thick skin and am am extremely happy within myself in what I have and continue to achieve. Personally I can’t believe what I have managed to do with these carts, but I’m just trying to get people to understand what the situation is and why I don’t have the customer relations and production capacity of amazon.

SINGLE PERSON. HOBBY.

;)

I know how much work goes into it Saint,its not easy.

I just be a little bit dissapointed in the lack of info,thats all.

But i understand the situation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thanatos said:

Just an interesting stat - my order was placed 33 minutes after they were opened up.  And that put me at #187.

Well the LONE fault I have for SainT was that he opened the preorders without warning.  I was either still sleeping or at work when that happened, and had no idea, despite being active on this thread since day 1.  As a result, I wound up in the 400's, but I've rarely whined about it if ever.  My only gripe is the constant I'm at number blah blah blah!!!!?  Although those posting they got theirs on this thread is a close second.  ?

8 minutes ago, fille1976 said:

I know how much work goes into it Saint,its not easy.

I just be a little bit dissapointed in the lack of info,thats all.

But i understand the situation.

He has explained the situation what has to be 40 times on this thread alone, as well as every single time something changes in his personal schedule.  Perhaps yes, he should email to everyone on his preorder.  That said, I'm amazed at how many seemed quite capable of finding out about the RetroHQ products on this forum when it came time to pre-order, yet are quick to point out that they don't have the time to come back to this forum to check status.  However, he doesn't owe a constant update, though he has provided them here and Twitter, because he never took anyone's money!!  When he did, he shipped quickly.  Nuff Said.

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Greg2600 said:

Well the LONE fault I have for SainT was that he opened the preorders without warning.  I was either still sleep or at work when that happened, and had no idea, despite being active on this thread since day 1.  As a result, I wound up in the 400's, but I've rarely whined about it if ever.  My only gripe is the constant I'm at number blah blah blah!!!!?

He has explained the situation what has to be 40 times on this thread alone, as well as every single time something changes in his personal schedule.  Perhaps yes, he should email to everyone on his preorder.  That said, I'm amazed at how many seemed quite capable of finding out about the RetroHQ products on this forum yet are quick to point out that they don't have the time to come back to this forum to check status. 

Hmm,maybe i also have to work like anyone else,some harder as others.

So i don't have all days to check here cause i work and with traffic i'm 13hours away from home a day.

But greg,i have info,so its clear.

43 minutes ago, SainT said:

SINGLE PERSON. HOBBY.

;)

Also I want to point out that there have been at least one previous attsmpt at making a flash cart for the Jag and that was by a GROUP of people and it fell apart, and never got made.  For SainT as a single individual to have been burning all his extra time and working on not just this, but his other projects as well is amazing. 

I mean we don't want him to get divorced and become a robot like someone else who builds crazy hardware for Ataris, do we?

• Like 2