IGNORED

Upcoming Jaguar Game Drive Cartridge

SainT

Just got my cancellation email from RetroHQ which I take as a good sign that I might be hearing from AA in the near term.  The wait is not over quite yet but I might risk letting myself start to get a little excited again.

Thanks, SaiNT, for pouring so much of yourself into these projects and sticking it out! And thanks Albert for providing the means to shoulder some of the burden to make this possible! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, samson7point1 said:

Just got my cancellation email from RetroHQ which I take as a good sign that I might be hearing from AA in the near term.  The wait is not over quite yet but I might risk letting myself start to get a little excited again.

Thanks, SaiNT, for pouring so much of yourself into these projects and sticking it out! And thanks Albert for providing the means to shoulder some of the burden to make this possible! 

I would say now is a time to start getting the excitement going again! This is one of the reasons for the JagGD giveaway over on Twitter at the moment as well -- it's my own little celebration. It's been a bit of a journey getting here, but I'm very nearly at the point all of my carts are in stock at retailers in multiple retailers around the world. :)

The first new batch of JagGD PCB's in about a year should be arriving this / next week and larger orders will start arriving come the new year. Next year will be the year everything I produce is readily available. Finally. ?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, videofx said:

So how do I get the Jaguar GD now that my order on retrohq is cancelled?

Did you get an email? Details of where to purchase were included, quite clearly giving you several options.

To repeat -- you have several choices depending on where you are in the world, AtariAge in the US, Dragon Box in Germany and Retro Towers or Retro Gamer Stuff in the UK. All of which ship worldwide afaik.

All will receive stock in a couple of weeks (I'm waiting on parts to come in myself, once they arrive it will be a couple of days turnaround). More stock will follow toward the end of January. The 1st quarter of next year should see everyone who wants one with one regardless of where they purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SainT said:

All will receive stock in a couple of weeks (I'm waiting on parts to come in myself, once they arrive it will be a couple of days turnaround). More stock will follow toward the end of January. The 1st quarter of next year should see everyone who wants one with one regardless of where they purchase.

Yayy, just enough time to get paid so I don't get in the red! 

59 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Yayy, just enough time to get paid so I don't get in the red! 

Same, and I don't even have much holiday shopping! Too many things came out toward the end of the year haha. Many modders have either put a hold on services, or are only doing a few select things currently. Luckily this doesn't need a modder or those skills, but just shows how much stuff has come out recently. A lot of stuff in the Dreamcast/Saturn/Playstation world for sure, which has ate some of my money.

Also just got my Atari 7800 back with an S-video mod and recapped - preparing for the hopefully-still-coming 7800 GD from SainT (I'm patient and don't expect that one for another year, but I'm ready and waiting all the same!).

BTW if anyone could point me to someone who recaps Jags, I'm trying to go through my whole list of consoles, and it hasn't been done yet.

The Monkey Island Box set up for pre-order, and the Collectorvision club for Coleco owners, also put a dent in the wallet this month!

Edited by Hastor

SainT despite the (inevitable) grumblings, this was the right way to do things.

Now people don't have to wonder if their order with you will come up first, or their AA pre-order number will.  

Had to be done and you handled like it like a consummate professional.  Thanks again. 

• Like 3

All handled properly, and just to re-iterate.  Nobody paid a single cent before their order was shipped, so nobody was out money while waiting, etc.  Looking forward to getting mine whenever that may be, I really love the Lynx card I purchased.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

SainT despite the (inevitable) grumblings, this was the right way to do things.

Now people don't have to wonder if their order with you will come up first, or their AA pre-order number will.  

Had to be done and you handled like it like a consummate professional.  Thanks again. 

Thanks! Everything that has been done over the last year or so has absolutely been the way to go for me to be able to continue to make these carts a possibility.

Although I know I've been slammed by many for not keeping people updated regularly by email, etc, which I know is indeed what should have been done. Sadly this is the only thing I wished I'd been better at managing, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Saint! I pre-ordered at dragonbox the first batch. They wrote shipping will be late November early December. Have they already been supplied or is this the batch you said will be arriving to you in the next week's. If yes dragonbox will be supplied beginning next year I suppose.

Those will be from the batch of pcb’s I’m expecting to arrive shortly. I hope they will ship in the next week or two — timing is completely out of my hands until I receive the pcb’s unfortunately. I still hope to get them out for Xmas, though!

2 hours ago, Loveadeliceyes said:

i am so looking forward to the atari jaguar game drive hopefully being distributed through retro towers like the lynx game drive :)

It will be, yes. :) 

It should be there in a couple of weeks, albeit in quite limited numbers until the end of January for the UK. I already shipped quite a few in the UK earlier in the year, so hopefully quite a few of those who do want one already have one!

On 12/7/2020 at 3:03 PM, SainT said:

Thanks! Everything that has been done over the last year or so has absolutely been the way to go for me to be able to continue to make these carts a possibility.

Although I know I've been slammed by many for not keeping people updated regularly by email, etc, which I know is indeed what should have been done. Sadly this is the only thing I wished I'd been better at managing, but it is what it is.

I think you've been very responsive here and on Twitter.  Glad to hear that your planning has indeed worked out as you wished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gotlib92 said:

hello, is it still possible to acquire a card for atari jaguar?  cordially

Please add yourself to the Jaguar GameDrive Waiting List here and you'll be notified once they are available for purchase:

Atari Jaguar GameDrive Waiting List Signup

We expect to have the first batch of Jaguar GameDrives later this month, but it will take some time to get through the entire waiting list.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is there a list of places that will be stocking the GameDrive anywhere? I have no problem ordering from AtariAge if need be, but was wondering if there were UK/European distributors lined up.

Got my Jag today, looking forward to getting some game time in!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, pjedavison said:

Is there a list of places that will be stocking the GameDrive anywhere? I have no problem ordering from AtariAge if need be, but was wondering if there were UK/European distributors lined up.

Per RetroHQ's Email

You're receiving this mail as you placed a pre-order for the Jaguar GameDrive at RetroHQ.

First of all, sorry for the lack of communication regarding your order. It has been a hell of a year in many ways and there has been a lot going on in the background here at RetroHQ to enable me to finally be able to cope with being able to meet demand for all the cartridges I produce.

One of the difficult decisions I have had to make is to move to selling entirely through resellers, and as such will not be fulfilling any further orders myself, which includes your order. No payment was ever taken for your order as I only take payment when I have stock ready to ship, so it will just be a matter of ordering from one of the resellers should you wish to continue with your purchase. The price remains the same, however retailers will need to add VAT as required depending on their country.

The Jaguar GD will begin selling via resellers (initially AtariAge in the USA, DragonBox in Germany, Retro Towers and Retro Gamer Stuff in the UK with more to follow) in the next couple of weeks. Stock will be replenished regularly with resellers with the next batch to arrive towards the end of January next year. I hope within a few months to be in the same position as I am with the Lynx and NeoGeo Pocket cartridges I produce with stock readily available at multiple resellers around the world.

In closing, thank-you for your patience, and I apologise for the delay. Unfortunately there is only so much a single person can cope with given the limited time I have available to be able to devote these projects.

Many thanks!

-- James

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 2