IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

The prices have come down since first day. Not too bad now. But still some crazy people out there. Just saw this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-NES-Classic-Edition-TV-game-systems-2016-/222467072974?hash=item33cc1223ce

Over 8 grand with receipt. He will never get even close. How does any one even expect close to that now.

Was that the initial listing price? I have listed items before and temporarily changed it to a high price to "park" my listing while being away from the house for a weekend.

Was that the initial listing price? I have listed items before and temporarily changed it to a high price to "park" my listing while being away from the house for a weekend.

Very odd tactic IMO, but probably explains why we often see 'pie in the sky' values on stuff if others do the same thing. Weird, I would have never thought of doing that as it also has the disadvantage of making a seller appear flakey. $8k for an NES Classic Mini is not a listing or seller I would take seriously at all. Why not just adjust your listings to let people know there's a one or two day handling time? That way, you cover your ass for peoples ADD, the inefficiency of the USPS today AND perceptually, your packages often show up "early" when you're able to get them out a little sooner.

• Like 1

Why not just adjust your listings to let people know there's a one or two day handling time? That way, you cover your ass for peoples ADD, the inefficiency of the USPS today AND perceptually, your packages often show up "early" when you're able to get them out a little sooner.

Because people are f'ing stupid and probably won't read it to begin with.

• Like 1

Because people are f'ing stupid and probably won't read it to begin with.

Ha! Of course there's always *that* possibility, but at least by doing so, eBay adjusts the expected delivery date accordingly. So even if your customer misses the handling time specification, they shouldn't be missing the expected date calculation. It's even a part of the feedback rating now as they ask "did your item arrive on or before whatever date"?

We may be seeing the end of this madness. If I wasn't sitting at work, I could pick one up at three locations within a half hour drive of my house.

Oh really? Now that's interesting.

Mostly out around here, 2 at Walmart in county 17mi from here and 1 an hour out in Lexington KY. Two other Walmarts on brickseek show in stock but 0 quantity so not sure what to make of it unless they haven't/don't upload their totals. Nowinstock shows more in(then out) of stock listings in general online at the end of March so it appears quantities are rising slowly but surely.

Oh really? Now that's interesting.

Mostly out around here, 2 at Walmart in county 17mi from here and 1 an hour out in Lexington KY. Two other Walmarts on brickseek show in stock but 0 quantity so not sure what to make of it unless they haven't/don't upload their totals. Nowinstock shows more in(then out) of stock listings in general online at the end of March so it appears quantities are rising slowly but surely.

It only needs to hit the point where people feel like they have a reasonable chance of finding one of these, that the scalper prices will drop. For months, the Classic was some mystical unicorn that no one had laid eyes on, and it created a frenzy. Now it's a Spotted Owl. Most scalpers aren't going to go through the hassle if they can't double or triple their money. For the record, eBay prices seem to be around $125, but are dipping into the $110s. The trend in price is absolutely downward.

Plus, a lot of people have just moved on, or said they'd get one whenever.

• Like 3

Yeah I know the prices are falling and it's amusing. I see morons still try and push back against it and stuff just relists again, again... no account for brains still same price again. Craigslist is even lessening the value as I guess locals lost interest in getting screwed too. I think once the margin is down to a $20-30 profit it'll come to a stop. Once you can barely clear that level after your state taxes, mailing supplies, postage and ebay FVF it'll finally end. It's just not worth it having to slog around and waste time/gas and online time researching local units to eek that out.

I still stand by it being an amazing worthwhile little box, but these bastards have soured so many on it it's just awful. There's plenty who just gave up entirely or will wait and just scoop a used one for less because they're taking it out both on Nintendo and scalpers alike.

• Like 3

It only needs to hit the point where people feel like they have a reasonable chance of finding one of these, that the scalper prices will drop. For months, the Classic was some mystical unicorn that no one had laid eyes on, and it created a frenzy. Now it's a Spotted Owl. Most scalpers aren't going to go through the hassle if they can't double or triple their money. For the record, eBay prices seem to be around $125, but are dipping into the $110s. The trend in price is absolutely downward.

Plus, a lot of people have just moved on, or said they'd get one whenever.

QFT.

I wonder when I might start seeing some of these used pop up in Consignment stores around here. I had not thought of that route till just now and I would not be surprised to see a few end up there.

I do wonder the longevity of the want for these as well. Suspecting it was bought by most to relive childhood but not having those people remember those days with as much fondness anymore.

I wonder when I might start seeing some of these used pop up in Consignment stores around here. I had not thought of that route till just now and I would not be surprised to see a few end up there.

I do wonder the longevity of the want for these as well. Suspecting it was bought by most to relive childhood but not having those people remember those days with as much fondness anymore.

Someday, I want to just walk into a store and buy one off the shelf. This is all I ask, Nintendo. Whether it's next week at Walmart, or next year at Goodwill, I don't care. I'd even take a used one at this point.

• Like 1

Got mine about 2 weeks ago through Best Buy's website at regular price. Their website was a pain to use (took 30 minutes to complete the transaction once it was in my basket). I've been amazed at how much I've had playing Zelda II (forgotten how fun it was)!

Edited by Jimmer

Wow shopgoodwill with Switch stuff?? Ugh I hate stupid people. That shouldn't even be a thing already.

Good on you just above finally nabbing one. I think your experience is much what anyone who gets one realizes, especially those held hostage by subhuman scalper garbage. The taste of victory over their existence and both the new experiences and or lost memories of various games.