IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Thanks for the link, but I've never heard of that store before ... are you certain you'll get it earlier from them vs anyone else who wants to lock in an early order?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Mini-with-30-Games-PRE-ORDER-READ-FULL-DESCRIPTION-/322207052117?hash=item4b05097155:g:0hMAAOSwZVlXmMvT

Square trade? More like circular rip-off! :roll:

TRU is staggering their preorders at random times which is super annoying. Amazon and Best Buy have placeholders but have not opened preorders yet. No word from Gamestop, Target, and Walmart. It's currently too early in the game to tell whether these will be fully stocked or unobtainium on release day. But anybody buying someone else's preorder for $150 is a fool.

Near where I live, there is a large outdoor shopping plaza with a Gamestop, a Wal-Mart and a Best Buy. All three would carry the NES Mini. I might find it amusing to see if there are lines outside Gamestop and Best Buy on November 11 before those stores open to try and get one. The Wal-Mart is a 24-hour store, so it is unlikely to have lines.

Edited by Great Hierophant

Do you really think there will be **lines** to get a retro-style plug n play toy? I'm thinking it will be widely available.

doubtful it will be hard to get, also thinking the youtubers are over reacting a bit about the future implications this will have on Nintendo, its not the first time they ever released some fun goofy shit to fund company pizza month or whatever

• Like 2

Square trade? More like circular rip-off! :roll:

TRU is staggering their preorders at random times which is super annoying. Amazon and Best Buy have placeholders but have not opened preorders yet. No word from Gamestop, Target, and Walmart. It's currently too early in the game to tell whether these will be fully stocked or unobtainium on release day. But anybody buying someone else's preorder for $150 is a fool.

Plus if it does not sell too good it will be in clearance bins for 50% off in no time. And in a few years it will be on clearance on ebay for parts or somebody's forgotten toy. Or my son enjoyed it alot but god board real fast and now...

Edited by 0078265317

Do you really think there will be **lines** to get a retro-style plug n play toy? I'm thinking it will be widely available.

No plug-n-play has ever been released by Nintendo. Well except the bootlegs they used to peddle at shopping malls some ten years ago... :ponder:

You underestimate the brand. If people will stand in line for $13 Amiibo figures, they will stand in line for a $60 plug-n-play. I also hope Nintendo make plenty of extra controllers...

Plus if it does not sell too good it will be in clearance bins for 50% off in no time. And in a few years it will be on clearance on ebay for parts or somebody's forgotten toy. Or my son enjoyed it alot but god board real fast and now...

Don't bet on it. Nintendo is NOT AtGames...

• Like 3

It's difficult to estimate demand for this. I'm thinking it will sell several million without breaking a sweat. It has a lot of things going for it, including the first product of its kind from Nintendo centered around their most iconic system. Being the first like it is, the value is obviously higher than if they put this out every year.

I'm thinking that the relative pre-order frenzy and how the press has gobbled this up (and the viral reactions) mean that, to my thinking at least, this will be a difficult get throughout the holiday season. This will also surely make those banal holiday shopping list recommendations everywhere as well. I suspect Nintendo will sell as many as they're able to produce. I don't think it will be particularly easy to get until a month or two after Christmas, and then who knows how much motivation Nintendo will have to continue heavy production with the imminent release of the NX.

Naturally, there's a saturation point for something like this, but at $60, that might be 5 - 10 million units worldwide, easily making it the best selling TV game device ever. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

• Like 3

I wonder, if this is a breakthrough hit, if it'll cause any kind of paradigm shift in the "Lets sell a $400 console every two years" mentality that Sony and Microsoft have.

Success is relative and the products and markets are not necessarily comparable or have much overlap. In my opinion, this will have zero significant impact on strategy for Sony or Microsoft. In fact, in the interest of the success of the NX, it will likely have little impact on future strategy from Nintendo. The key these days is to build a sustainable eco-system with regular consumer investment, not to build one-off products targeting casual consumers.

• Like 2

I'm totally happy with waiting till it becomes available in the store. And I will completely avoid paying scalper prices.

It's cool. It's nice. It's not a MUST HAVE.

Same here. Unless its sold out and I have to wait 3 months. Like WII was sold out everywhere (original 2006 model). Took me one and a half year to find one at target because everybody wanted one and supply was limited. Actually every nintendo console was popular. I remember the gameboy color was impossible to find. I ended driving up to toysrus all the way in gurnee IL 30 minutes from me. Nothing close by. At least in 1998.