IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Ice Climber is not the best game, it is fun but the jumping controls leave much to be desired. But in terms of black box games, there isn't many other games Nintendo could have used. 10-Yard Fight, Kung-Fu & Slalom are all really 3rd party games, Popeye has a license, Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Gumshoe and Wild Gunman are Zapper games, Gyromite and Stack-Up require R.O.B. That leaves you with Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong 3 and Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Golf, Mach Rider, Pinball, Pro Wrestling, Soccer, Tennis, Urban Champion, Volleyball and Wrecking Crew.

The sports games, though not without their charm, are very primitive. Ditto for Urban Champion and Pinball. DK3 isn't popular, Math is out of the question, and Mach Rider is a Hang-On knockoff. Wrecking Crew or Pro Wrestling would have been better choices.

• Like 2

Ice Climber is not the best game, it is fun but the jumping controls leave much to be desired. But in terms of black box games, there isn't many other games Nintendo could have used. 10-Yard Fight, Kung-Fu & Slalom are all really 3rd party games, Popeye has a license, Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Gumshoe and Wild Gunman are Zapper games, Gyromite and Stack-Up require R.O.B. That leaves you with Baseball, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong 3 and Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Golf, Mach Rider, Pinball, Pro Wrestling, Soccer, Tennis, Urban Champion, Volleyball and Wrecking Crew.

The sports games, though not without their charm, are very primitive. Ditto for Urban Champion and Pinball. DK3 isn't popular, Math is out of the question, and Mach Rider is a Hang-On knockoff. Wrecking Crew or Pro Wrestling would have been better choices.

Donkey Kong Jr. Math FTW!

• Like 1

I would have swapped out Wrecking Crew for Rad Racer. Does anyone know why Square Enix seems to have left that one behind, behind the obvious (it's super old)? It's my favorite Outrun clone.

Seconded. Rad Racer would have a awesome choice. I also would have been very happy with Pro Wrestling, I still find that game fun today.

And the systems' sound quality calls into question the word "quality," with familiar tunes like Sonic's "Green Hill Zone" sounding more like the flatulent final expulsion of a dying robot.

Ouch. Unfortunately for Atgames, this is not a new opinion. Poor Atgames will have to step up its game. They've released the same thing over and over again. This would have been a good year to invest in better quality. This is from a few years ago:

fCUMc.jpg

• Like 3

TRU preorders sold out almost immediately this morning. Still nothing on Amazon yet. I hope this isn't Amiibo all over again... :sad:

These units really need to get in the hands of nostalgic fans, not collectors/resellers/hoarders... :sad:

You should know better, these will be "amiibo'd" for at least the first wave. Nintendo is notorious for short producing first batches and is non-communicative on re-orders, which gives scalpers the leverage to buy up most of the first wave to scalp to the collectards who can't wait.

• Like 1

Atgames console has Sonic, Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles. Unless "Sonic & Knuckles" incorporates Sonic 3, none of the games on its consoles save to RAM. Bill should be hired to shill for the classier competitor.

Shill? How nice. And here I thought I was simply providing factual information with as little bias as possible given my association.

In any case, the press release goes out tomorrow, which will indicate the new feature for the Sega consoles.

And yes, for those asking, next year's models of the four hardware products will have all of the most requested features (the Atari Flashback Portable shouldn't need much in the way of tweaks, since it's already on next gen hardware). Unfortunately, that's late 2017. Late 2016's products are obviously already set.

• Like 9

And yes, for those asking, next year's models of the four hardware products will have all of the most requested features (the Atari Flashback Portable shouldn't need much in the way of tweaks, since it's already on next gen hardware). Unfortunately, that's late 2017. Late 2016's products are obviously already set.

I'm glad that AtGames is refreshing their product line. They can only recycle their old designs for so long, especially with Nintendo raising the bar with the Mini-NES. I bought the last Genesis X-in-1, and while the game compatibility seemed good (at least for the built-in games), the build quality and the overall "fit and finish" left something to be desired, and the sound was atrocious. I don't know how that console managed to make it to market sounding as bad as it did, but the sound issue desperately needs to be fixed before another of these units are shipped.

• Like 1

I'm glad that AtGames is refreshing their product line. They can only recycle their old designs for so long, especially with Nintendo raising the bar with the Mini-NES. I bought the last Genesis X-in-1, and while the game compatibility seemed good, the build quality and the overall "fit and finish" left something to be desired, and the sound was atrocious. I don't know how that console managed to make it to market sounding as bad as it did, but the sound issue desperately needs to be fixed before another of these units are shipped.

Unfortunately, they are having one last turn with the crap hardware this holiday season before they reportedly retire it and use better hardware for the next holiday season.

Shill? How nice. And here I thought I was simply providing factual information with as little bias as possible given my association.

I apologize for using the word "shill", my contempt for the product unfortunately found its way into the discussion in a way that it shouldn't have, implying contempt for the person as well where there is none. It comes to the dichotomy of if you like the product, you tend to use terms such as "spokesperson" or "goodwill ambassador", if you dislike it, then you tend to use terms like "shill", "peddler", "huckster" or similar.

Edited by Great Hierophant

I apologize for using the word "shill", my contempt for the product unfortunately found its way into the discussion in a way that it shouldn't have, implying contempt for the person as well where there is none. It comes to the dichotomy of if you like the product, you tend to use terms such as "spokesperson" or "goodwill ambassador", if you dislike it, then you tend to use terms like "shill", "peddler", "huckster" or similar.

Fixed that for you, you could just have stopped at the apologies, the rest makes them feel less sincere like the proverbial "... but ..." .... they are supposed to be apologies there are no "buts"