IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

not to be nitpicky but input lag is rarely the issue, the original systems only scanned the controllers once per frame and did it at a fairly low speed (by modern standards) SPI type interface, in comparison to a modern system where the input may be running constantly though a 400Khz to Mhz speeds ... its the output lag that gets you

Edited by Osgeld

Everytime something good comes out that people can't have, it gets ripped on badly. Just shrug off the one star reviews and laugh at all the scalpers who get stuck with unsold inventory when Nintendo restocks the hell out of this thing after Thanksgiving.

That said, this strategy could seriously backfire on Nintendo if the promised restocks don't come. :roll:

Yes lots of websites saying it will come but no guarantee.

• Like 1

I kept hearing December...From a few people at the stores.

But I have no idea if that was speculation, or if someone actually knew something.

I could understand the initial shortages to generate buzz, but if Nintendo doesn't capitalize on their momentum, then that's just bad business sense...

I kept hearing December...From a few people at the stores.

But I have no idea if that was speculation, or if someone actually knew something.

I could understand the initial shortages to generate buzz, but if Nintendo doesn't capitalize on their momentum, then that's just bad business sense...

Better luck than me. Out of curiosity, asked casually at my own local Walmart here in town this past Saturday.

"We won't be getting any more until January." When I asked about Black Friday, his response was simply, "We aren't selling them on Black Friday here."

So I came straight home, took to Amazon and ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 kit and a couple of controllers, and I'll set all that up with RetroPie over the weekend.

• Like 2

All the fun of the NES Classic and none of the limitations. I think you'll be pleased with the results. Being able to play SNES, Genesis, Atari 2600/7800, TG16, and more will greatly cut down any fear of missing out you might have been feeling.

Does anyone offer a setup service for this kind of hardware? I'm talking about installing emulators, ROMs and a nice front-end according to my personal preferences and specifications. I could be willing to dish out some money for this kind of service, just to get a plug-and-play device that I can plug into my HDMI TV, with all the configuration hassles already taken care of by someone who has the required expertise (including USB game controller setup, I have a USB NES dogbone controller that I've never actually used that would be great for this).

In fact, I've already bought such a device (the "Ultimate ColecoVision Flashback" upgrade) but that is a more specialized solution.

• Like 1