IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

I met a guy at gamestop last week he said his son really wanted one. But he wasn't even born then. This is only for nostalgia sake. Why would anybody want one if they weren't even alive then.

Who says people can't play games from before their time? That only creates nostalgia for future generations. Hell as an 80s baby, I grew up in the NES generation so you could argue Atari was before my time. Yet I got my first taste of VCS in 2012 and loved it...

Saying some kid can't play NES is like saying I can't listen to Jimmi Hendrix or Janice Joplin on my turntable because the records are much older than I am and the artist died before I was born.

Ever seen Wizard of Oz or King Kong? Were you around when they were playing on the silver screen? Didn't think so...

I know it easier to get this instead of buying 30 carts. But what I meant was compared to say PS4 these are crappy graphics. Only my time peeps will appreciate it. How can I 15 year old want to play 30 year old games. Kids react to series on yuotube proves kids don't like old games and are confused by them.

Ever heard the expression "they don't make em like they used to..." Old games are fun and cool. You guys telling the young kids to "get off my lawn" are what's wrong with our hobby. A kid has every much right to create nostalgic memories playing an NES mini as you did playing an original Atari or NES back in the day. What's not to love?

• Like 3

I considered going to my local store around 6am, after finding out last night that they were going to give tickets away at 7. I figured that was worth an hour of my time. It was 28 degrees and I wanted my sleep though, so I passed. I wonder if most stores had campers like this, which would have made it pointless anyway.

• Like 1

Best Buy at 11pm last night:

503912420.jpg

Before you ask, no I did not take the picture. My time is too precious to be wasted away waiting in lines for hours to purchase inanimate objects. A friend of mine sent it who is a douche bag reseller.

11pm? Really? Man, people are getting desperate... :roll:

My classic NES Edition is currently sitting under a tree at my uncle's place in Florida. And I was the first in line getting to Best Buy at 6:45am or thereabouts on November 11th. I'm sure I can just walk into a store and buy one for myself after Christmas, early January at the latest.

That's a lot of anger, Quadrunner. To me, just the opposite of what is "obvious" to you is "obvious" to me. The hype was already built in November with scarcity of product. How does it benefit Nintendo at this point to not crank out as many units as possible to try to satiate demand and, more importantly to them, put money in their pockets? I think they have to be producing as many as they can at this point; there is no advantage to purposely short the market at this point. Arguably, doing so during launch made sense - not now.

I considered going to my local store around 6am, after finding out last night that they were going to give tickets away at 7. I figured that was worth an hour of my time. It was 28 degrees and I wanted my sleep though, so I passed. I wonder if most stores had campers like this, which would have made it pointless anyway.

exactly