IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

No one has ever disputed that an x Mini from Nintendo wouldn't be popular. Of course it would be. The dispute is whether Nintendo is going to bother in the face of supporting a must-succeed system in the Switch for fear of distracting their customer base with cheap, easy appeal toys that scratch a significant Nintendo itch.

I think it depends largely on the sales success of Virtual Console games. I really don't see the games inside of the NES Classic competing with the new Nintendo Switch system/software, especially considering there will likely be a large gap in the retail pricing. However, continued shortages of the NES Classic could help promote the Switch in March (i.e. "while the NES Classic is still hard to find in stores, Nintendo has just released their new Switch console..."). At that point, Nintendo could stop production of the NES Classic and state they are focusing solely on the Switch, and that the games for the NES Classic will still be available for purchase on the Switch's Virtual Console. I totally agree that the NES Classic was primarily a marketing stunt and a way to get an influx of cash during a holiday season with no new and significant Nintendo offerings. Perhaps this same mindset prevented them from seeing that the NES Classic would be a wildly viable product.

However, if the Virtual Console game sales have been lackluster to begin with, I could certainly see the NES Classic (and similar offerings) being used as the cash cow for the 1980s/1990s software library.

Edited by Retro-Z
  • Like 2

not a lot no, and its on my ignore list

not that there's a whole bunch of similarities into a on going train wreck until the last gas can burned out over a month or two, and a failed marketing estimation that fizzled out within 2 hours of release

as I said like 19 pages of speculation and "gary's game shed has one in west Peoria" nonsince, its pretty much dead at this point, they wont have supply for xmas and no one aside from die hard's will care, nintendo missed the target

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

WOW, talk about a big ripoff. Box only for 70 dollars. No console. What kind of gag gift is that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Classic-Edition-Empty-Box-Gag-Gift-Box-Only-/122272859122?hash=item1c7807c3f2:g:CssAAOSwEzxYVH96

Sounds like something the Grinch would give out... :lolblue:

And apparently tons of people selling their empty boxes, judging by the related items. Dang, that's LAME... :roll:

Just wait and see how many empty boxes flood the market after Christmas.

And I hope the CIB Classic Mini eBay prices tank hard after everyone sells off or donates their Christmas loot! :ponder:

I'm fully expecting that, quite frankly. It's gonna be fun to watch! :)

Also, for the record- an empty box for something you really want is the shittest gag gift of all time. "Look, I went out of my way to get you your dream gift... whoops, no I didn't! Aren't I funny?" No, you are not funny. You are a douche.

If you must gag gift, get something bathroom related like the rest of us! (I gave my sister fruit-scented Hello Kitty toilet paper once.)

• Like 2

Also, for the record- an empty box for something you really want is the shittest gag gift of all time. "Look, I went out of my way to get you your dream gift... whoops, no I didn't! Aren't I funny?" No, you are not funny. You are a douche.

Not quite. The "shittiest gag gift of all time" would be to give it some heft by filling the empty box with bagged dog shit!!! :evil: :rolling:

Also reminds me of one time at the Boy Scout gift swap party, I got a box for a toilet tank floater. I had this stupid expression on my face and one of the adults yelled, "go ahead, open it!" and inside was a sweet flashlight with built in radio. :lolblue:

• Like 1

FWIW, over here I read about one smaller reseller who had 500++ units of the NES Classic Mini prebooked. So far he's received 10 units to distribute to customers. Perhaps a few hundred of those who prebooked will cancel their orders over time, but currently it looks like it is far from a clearance sale, if ever.

Not quite. The "shittiest gag gift of all time" would be to give it some heft by filling the empty box with bagged dog shit!!! :evil: :rolling:

Also reminds me of one time at the Boy Scout gift swap party, I got a box for a toilet tank floater. I had this stupid expression on my face and one of the adults yelled, "go ahead, open it!" and inside was a sweet flashlight with built in radio. :lolblue:

I had in mind a different kind of floater.

• Like 2