IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Nobody has ever complained about the multiquote before. There was no need to. He started it.

Sometimes the "multiquote" tool is difficult to use on mobile browsers, just saying...

I forget to use it sometimes then start a new reply. If I'm lazy I hit "post." Otherwise, I have to hit the "source" box, copy the entire block of text, then edit the original post, paste the new information in, and hit "save." One caveat to doing this process is the posters who get quoted after the edit don't recieve email notifications of the quote. At least I don't think they get an email, unless the server somehow parses edits for new quote blocks...

So yeah, despite I took the effort to type all this out, now I'm just gonna be lazy and hit post without copying the data (or risking losing it if I f*** up).

• Like 2

I found a old iCade arcade stand at goodwill for 99 cents and boxing it off to toss my unused 1.6 ghz dual core intel atom netbook in for a 1/8th ish scale i guess? desktop arcade machine ...

Slightly o/t, but how did you connect the iCade control panel to your laptop?

I passed on a used iCade (for a bit more than $.99) because I could see no way to make it work with current hardware.

Slightly o/t, but how did you connect the iCade control panel to your laptop?

I passed on a used iCade (for a bit more than $.99) because I could see no way to make it work with current hardware.

I just took it apart and wired the switches to a generic USB gamepad

I have another one that's not in the cabinet format its just an arcade stick with a slot for ipad in it setup the same way

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/257230-usb-arcade-stick/

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Rookie mistake. There's nobody in this thread by that name. The username is listed above the title. I am likewise not "Princess Rescuer." :P

I dunno there Princess Rescuer...

You know how sometimes ya call people Buddy, or Sport, or Chief, or Pal...

Or even Tiger, or Hero, or Sunshine?

Sometimes I can't help myself...I go up to someone and say "Hey there Quadrunner...What's crackin'?"

• Like 3

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Meijer is supposed to get some tonight/tomorrow morning. May not be a bad place to camp out since the store is open 24 hours.

Nobody has ever complained about the multiquote before. There was no need to. He started it.

Anyone else miss nested quotes? Conversations on the forums have become harder to follow ever since the automatic ones were removed, now it requires brute force.

I can't read these nested quotes on my smartphone :roll:

Why not browse the forums on a real computer?

Why would I want to do that :?

• Like 4

Anyone else miss nested quotes? Conversations on the forums have become harder to follow ever since the automatic ones were removed, now it requires brute force.

Nested quotes are good for a bit, but when they get about ten deep, they can really break the pacing of the forum with all the excess verbiage. I've seen it happen on NA where someone has to take the initiative to trim the fat on the quote chain. Especially on mobile browsers with fixed width, the text can get forced onto the right hand edge of the screen, completely breaking the formatting and becoming in some cases completely illegible. If you need a quoted text in context, simply click the little icon that links to the original quoted post.

PSA: Do not buy the Hyperkin NES Mini to NES adapter. It is junk.

This is really stupid. I just received my Hyperkin NES Mini to NES adapter in the mail. The whole thing consists of one tiny 8-pin micro and wires the NES controller directly to 3V logic bus. My NES controller absolutely does not work when connected to a Wiimote.

Unfortunately I don't currently have an NES Mini to test with but I do not have high confidence in this product that it will work at all with any 5V NES controller. Tested with modern clone as well as original stock controller. What a bunch of poo poo. This adapter is a joke...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30203515@N04/sets/72157674331279293/
31683269561_a6a9249db0_b.jpg
30958936434_272583c354_b.jpg
30990160033_26f56bde01_b.jpg
30990149083_c213e8de1e_b.jpg
31652225602_cf98afe30a_b.jpg

Seriously, I'd like to talk to the engineer who designed this POS and give him a piece of my mind... :mad:

Edit: I uploaded my two cents review on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2347XFPGCWTOY/

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

PSA: Do not buy the Hyperkin NES Mini to NES adapter. It is junk.

This is really stupid. I just received my Hyperkin NES Mini to NES adapter in the mail. The whole thing consists of one tiny 8-pin micro and wires the NES controller directly to 3V logic bus. My NES controller absolutely does not work when connected to a Wiimote. Unfortunately I don't currently have an NES Mini to test with but I do not have high confidence in this product that it will work at all with any 5V NES controller. Tested with modern clone as well as original stock controller. What a bunch of poo poo. This adapter is a joke...

Seriously, I'd like to talk to the engineer who designed this POS and give him a piece of my mind... :mad:

Edit: I uploaded my two cents review on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Controller-Classic-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/dp/B01N3LNI3Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=a3973c345bae0d3d1adacb518e419a30

I changed your Amazon Link to the product page to show all the reviews. Based on other Reviews at Amazon, other customers state the adapter works just fine on the NES Classic and not the Wiimote. I would hang onto that adapter until you can test first hand. A shame no Wiimote support due to the voltage drop though. Makes me feel better I did that NES Gampad mod to my old non motion plus Wiimote.

"Emio Joystick works with NES" - hahaha, for a minute there I thought he was stealing my conversion idea. Crisis averted! :D

Glad someone's enjoying it. I can't stress enough how well built this is. FTR, in order for the Emio stick to work PROPERLY with NES through a Retro Reciever, you need an older firmware installed. The newer Firmware maps to B/Y instead of A/B on the Classic controller.

FYI, I sent off for the fix adapter dongle and the surprise NES GIFT PACK. No reply in my inbox; I wonder if they recieved it?

My free NES Gift Pack (from the EMIO offer) just shipped: :grin:

post-33189-0-92918800-1482554418_thumb.png

• Like 2

I have something to say. This will be very out of character for me, but I want everyone to know up front, I mean not a word of it. Here goes...

**** Nintendo. **** eBay too. And while we're at it, **** Xmas. **** all of this capitalistic hooey, in fact. And most of all, **** me for willfully, happily playing along.

Whew.

Now that that's off my chest, guess what I had waiting for me under the Christmas tree this morning?

post-6115-0-50277100-1482717951_thumb.jpg

I didn't think I wanted one of these things. I told my mother as much. I have the original system, and with maybe one or two exceptions, I have all of the games. I had no desire to participate in any of the Black Friday Redeuxs whenever a store claimed they might have some for sale, and I had no intention of subjecting any friends or family to Nintendo's short-the-market shenanigans.

Yet there I was, squealing with excitement when I pulled it out of the gift bag. And there was my mother, giddy with joy that she had managed to make me giddy with joy. Of course I had to go and ask that question, which I blurted without thinking. "Where did you find one?" I regretted it as soon as I asked it, because I knew what the answer was going to be. "eBay!" Sigh.

But I know why she did it. I mean, aside from the fact she's the mother of an only child and she still spoils that child rotten even though he's 42 years old. It's the same reason why I spend a small fortune on postage to ship random gifts to friends all over the U.S. (and one in Canada) every year. Because when it's Christmas, you want nothing more than to see people get a little jolt of happiness, and to remember that, despite all of the mess and drama that the holidays drown in every year, the Christmas spirit is alive and well, and still worth sharing with the ones you love. Cost be damned.

So yeah, **** you Nintendo. You made my mother spend a lot more money than she should have. But thank you also, for making her smile.

---

Now for a more objective review. This gizmo is exactly what it promises to be, and for that, it's awesome. 30 of the NES's biggest games in a single box that you just plug in and go. The controller looks and feels exactly like the original NES controller. The graphics are what you'd expect for 8-bit pixels getting blown up to HD resolutions, but that's part of the system's retro charm. Sound is good, control is responsive (once the TV is set to game mode, at least) and the list of games is commendable. There are some titles I wish had made the cut, but it's easy to understand why they didn't. Popeye probably isn't remembered well enough to be worth its licensing fee, Tetris is on every system imaginable now, Double Dragon isn't truly "double" on the NES, and including Ms. Pac-Man would have meant either settling for the lesser-quality Namco port or biting the bullet and licensing Tengen's port, something I'm sure Nintendo wasn't keen on doing even 25 years later. Duck Hunt is also missing, for obvious reasons. However, the first-party and third-party titles that did make it in would have made any NES owner extremely happy back in the day, so it's hard to fault the line-up even after coming up with a bunch of but-what-about's.

In short, it's a great little box.

• Like 6