IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

2 minutes ago, negative1 said:

they are mostly just desk toys anyways.

i actually like 1942, but even this price isn't enough to get me to buy it yet.

i think they overestimated the popularity of it.

now if it was raiden, i would be all over that. i think its on one of the mini

japanese cabinets though.

later

I've skipped the Arcade1up cabs as well. As far as the Replicade cabinets, I've purchased a few - Dragon's Lair, Tempest, 1943, Qbert and I've preordered Space Ace. Overall I've been really impressed with these mini arcades. 1943 I still haven't opened, Tempest and Qbert are my favorites to play, but Dragon's Lair is absolutely amazing. I'd really like to see the original Star Wars arcade come available, that and Frogger. Those are the only ones I'm keeping an eye out for.

• Like 1

I also own a few of the Replicades and they are quite something amazing! I own DL and Tempest but also put in the pre-order for Space Ace. And yes the Dragon's Lair one is really cool!

I could maybe see a Frogger one but what about Gyruss?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I also own a few of the Replicades and they are quite something amazing! I own DL and Tempest but also put in the pre-order for Space Ace. And yes the Dragon's Lair one is really cool!

I could maybe see a Frogger one but what about Gyruss?

I think Gyruss could be fun, but I would only purchase it if it had a rapid fire option. Pushing a tiny button over and over really fast would not be something I'm into. Probably why I haven't bothered opening 1943 yet. Otherwise I agree, I think Gyruss could be really cool. Same with negative1's suggestion of Raiden. I love that game on PS1 (Raiden Project), but for me it would need rapid fire as an option. 

Edited by RREDDWARFF

7 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I think Gyruss could be fun, but I would only purchase it if it had a rapid fire option. Pushing a tiny button over and over really fast would not be something I'm into. Probably why I haven't bothered opening 1943 yet. Otherwise I agree, I think Gyruss could be really cool. Same with negative1's suggestion of Raiden. I love that game on PS1 (Raiden Project), but for me it would need rapid fire as an option. 

actually it doesn't need rapid fire.

there's a USB port to add an external controller. so that way you don't need to use the decorative controllers on the cabinet.

none of them are very good. so there's no point in using them in the first place.

later

2 hours ago, negative1 said:

actually it doesn't need rapid fire.

there's a USB port to add an external controller. so that way you don't need to use the decorative controllers on the cabinet.

none of them are very good. so there's no point in using them in the first place.

later

Gotcha, I just prefer to use the little tiny controls on the unit.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, jgkspsx said:

I found one of these American Girl Flip Side pinball machines cheap finally, and I mostly really love it.

I googled it and that thing is badass, if I can find one for a more reasonable price my daughter would love it (when im not using it lol) 

• Like 2

Maybe 1942/1943 was overestimated.  I didn't buy it, but it seems to be falling/struggling to sell even on the ebay market unlike all the others that seem to sit at over $200 up to 500(SF2 cabinet) with what exists so far.  I know I'd enjoy it, but I know I'd also enjoy it less than the price per quarters on both too so it would be just a pretty piece of shelf art with some nice WW2 inspired art to stare at.  I have more interest in the Neo Geo and the Astro I do have and they're rarely touched and fit on this desk, the other wouldn't.

• Like 1

arcade 1up mortal Kombat collectorcade:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-mortal-kombat-collectorcade-1-player/6513594.p?skuId=6513594

Front Zoom. Arcade1Up - Mortal Kombat Collectorcade 1 Player.

Standing 13” tall with a brilliant 3.2” screen, Arcade1Up Collectorcades feature a light-up marquee, a rear on/ off switch and volume dial, and are powered by just 4 AA batteries

Okay, ready to get fatal with this Collectorcade? Yes, here we have Midway’s infamous contribution to the history of arcade gaming, MORTAL KOMBAT 3, along with its revered follow ups MORTAL KOMBAT II and ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT 3!

From Scorpion to Sub-Zero and every other combatant in-between, MORTAL KOMBAT’s darkly humorous gameplay and finishing moves made it an instant franchise with iconic characters and enduring catchphrases. FINISH HIM!

It’s time to Play Again with Arcade1Up Collectorcades, featuring 16-bit versions of your favorite arcade titles. Gorgeous design, excellent arcade action, and an amazing addition to any retrogaming enthusiast’s game room, office, or collectibles room. SUPERB!

Specifications:

Product Dimensions: 5.60 D x 6.75 W x 13.0 H, 3.2” Screen, Light-Up Marquee, On/ Off switch and volume dial on back of machine, Powered by 4 AA Batteries (Not Included), 16-bit versions of your favorite arcade titles!

later

New Wave Toys just announced a Coca-Cola vending machine (also available as 1985's "New Coke" debacle style), and Food Fight:

Hilariously, Food Fight will include optional "chewed gum" stickers to add to your machine if you wish!

coke-classic.jpg

coke-new.jpg

food-fight.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

New Wave Toys just announced a Coca-Cola vending machine (also available as 1985's "New Coke" debacle style), and Food Fight:

Hilariously, Food Fight will include optional "chewed gum" stickers to add to your machine if you wish!

coke-classic.jpg

coke-new.jpg

food-fight.jpg

i like food fight, and this might be playable, it all depends on how responsive

the joystick is, since it was a special type.

later

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 3:55 PM, Tanooki said:

Maybe 1942/1943 was overestimated.  I didn't buy it, but it seems to be falling/struggling to sell even on the ebay market unlike all the others that seem to sit at over $200 up to 500(SF2 cabinet) with what exists so far.  I know I'd enjoy it, but I know I'd also enjoy it less than the price per quarters on both too so it would be just a pretty piece of shelf art with some nice WW2 inspired art to stare at.  I have more interest in the Neo Geo and the Astro I do have and they're rarely touched and fit on this desk, the other wouldn't.

I impulse-bought 1942 and thought I'd regret it, but turns out I actually like playing it on those goofy little controls. Not even bitter about it going on sale for even less, that's always a risk.

I think I'm done with these for now... maybe the right game would make me crack, but I don't think Food Fight is the one.

• Like 2

I like Food Fight,nice choice for the next machine!?

The coke machine is a great Idea and it will be a nice addition, although I already purchased their other two usb charging coin machines and don't actually need a third one yet.

Though I probably will a couple more machines down the road...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

I like Food Fight,nice choice for the next machine!?

The coke machine is a great Idea and it will be a nice addition, although I already purchased their other two usb charging coin machines and don't actually need a third one yet.

Though I probably will a couple more machines down the road...

I agree, even though I'm passing on it, Food Fight is a great choice. It's unique and surprising, plus it's a fun game. I just don't have the room in my home nor the flexibility in my finances at this time. I just purchased a Jaguar again. Man, are those getting expensive...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I agree, even though I'm passing on it, Food Fight is a great choice. It's unique and surprising, plus it's a fun game. I just don't have the room in my home nor the flexibility in my finances at this time. I just purchased a Jaguar again. Man, are those getting expensive...

Yeah,I just looked at the prices.

I know the Replicades have been steadily going up in price.$139. I can live with,they have proven to go up in value. Not that I ever resell.

Glad I got the early ones for $100.

I was more surprised to see the coke machine starts at $139. Ouch!

Ok,it does hold two cans of soda. Or beer! ?That's pretty neat.

Edited by wolfy62
Added content
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

Yeah,I just looked at the prices.

I know the Replicades have been steadily going up in price.$139. I can live with,they have proven to go up in value. Not that I ever resell.

Glad I got the early ones for $100.

I was more surprised to see the coke machine starts at $139. Ouch!

Agreed, $139 for the Coke machine is a lot. 

I think the Replicade cabinets themselves are worth every penny. The build quality on their machines is exceptional. They have also greatly improved since there earlier models (Referring to Tempest). Dragon's Lair and Qbert are amazing. When I said, "Man, are those things getting expensive," I was referring to Atari Jaguar consoles. Ugh, it makes me sick, but it was my fault for selling my Jag stuff in the first place lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Agreed, $139 for the Coke machine is a lot. 

I think the Replicade cabinets themselves are worth every penny. The build quality on their machines is exceptional. They have also greatly improved since there earlier models (Referring to Tempest). Dragon's Lair and Qbert are amazing. When I said, "Man, are those things getting expensive," I was referring to Atari Jaguar consoles. Ugh, it makes me sick, but it was my fault for selling my Jag stuff in the first place lol. 

Sorry,I skimmed over the "Jaquar" word part.

Yes,that stuff is exorbitantly expensive now!

• Haha 1

Yeah I wonder how the joystick for Food Fight is going to be. The original was analog of course and you could stand in one spot and gently point in any direction to shoot without moving your character.  

I'm suspecting they'll shove in a digital 8-way stick (i.e. worst case scenario) but I'm open to being surprised. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NE146 said:

Yeah I wonder how the joystick for Food Fight is going to be. The original was analog of course and you could stand in one spot and gently point in any direction to shoot without moving your character.  

I'm suspecting they'll shove in a digital 8-way stick (i.e. worst case scenario) but I'm open to being surprised. :lol:

I feel like they'd do the right thing with the controls. They haven't skimped in the past. For instance, Dragon's Lair got the secondary score display and Q*bert got both the diagonal joystick and the knocker, not to mention all of the other machines with their specifics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I feel like they'd do the right thing with the controls. They haven't skimped in the past. For instance, Dragon's Lair got the secondary score display and Q*bert got both the diagonal joystick and the knocker, not to mention all of the other machines with their specifics.

no, its been the opposite.

qbert got the 8 way joystick with a restrictor, and all the other controllers have been subpar, and mostly unplayable:

tempest spinner, and buttons, too small.

centipede trackball too small, and failed for me after a few months.

i have 0 confidence in replicade controls.

later

• Thanks 1

I have zero interest in Food Fight (in fact anything with standard joystick controls) .... wish they'd release more custom control games like they did with Asteroids, Centipede and Tempest.

However, if the Coke machine actually cools a can or two then maybe. But I've seen enough videos online about these supposed mini-fridges doing zilch for cooling. It's just a USB fan blowing on a room temperature can.

55 minutes ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

I have zero interest in Food Fight (in fact anything with standard joystick controls) .... wish they'd release more custom control games like they did with Asteroids, Centipede and Tempest.

Missile Command is still on the way.