IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic April 7th-9th,2017

Dan Iacovelli

I'm coming in from the twin cities. Is there a must-visit store, arcade, etc I should hit on the way? I did hit a smal-scale arcade ice cream place, but the pins were mostly out of order.

I'd check out Makes Cents Variety Store. Tons of game stuff (and '70s-'90s memorabilia in general), and they've been known get in some pretty sweet items. For instance, I've seen TurboGrafx, NeoGeo CD, and Jaguar systems and games in the past. They post inventory updates on their Facebook page though, so that kind of stuff usually flies instantly, but you get the idea. I think they're doing an "MGC Discount" right now too. 25% off, I think.

If you're coming from Minnesota it's going to be past the Sheraton, though.

I'll be in the E2M room in the corner with some of my Super Systems of the Seventies. If you've ever wanted to check out stuff like the Channel F, Studio II, or Bally Arcade (or Atari VCS or Odyssey 2 but chances are you've all seen those), come on by! :)

Stopped in briefly today. It was packed! Had a good time, bought some stuff and briefly played an arcade game I thought was called Gottlieb Arena. It had a Tempest-like spinner and a joystick to shoot. I had to go before I could learn more about it, seemed like a cool game but I can't find and info on it online. Can someone tell me what that was I played?

My daughter and stopped in around 9:40 after hiking across the lot from Sears. I have never seen the parking lot this full, though I haven't come on a Saturday for a looonnng time.

I got to meet Dauber and briefly Inky, then my girl was antsy to get playing. Thanks again for the name button!

It was great seeing video cabs being represented more. I got to play a few in between bouts of pinball, as my daughter is a pinball fiend. I didn't shop too much as the vendor hall was packed. Got to relive a blast from thd schoolyard past by playing Number Munchers on an Apple.

I'll be there tomorrow with three of my oldest step-sons, so hopefully things will be slowed down.

Stopped in briefly today. It was packed! Had a good time, bought some stuff and briefly played an arcade game I thought was called Gottlieb Arena. It had a Tempest-like spinner and a joystick to shoot. I had to go before I could learn more about it, seemed like a cool game but I can't find and info on it online. Can someone tell me what that was I played?

I think I found the answer to my question. Which only leads to more questions...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/254988-the-arena-prototype-gottlieb-arcade-game/