IGNORED

Worst Jaguar cartridge title?

WozzyCat

What, in your opinion (and everyone will probably have a different one) is the worst Atari Jaguar cartridge title?

I have around 10 or 11 Jaguar cartridge games, and my least favourite one is White Men Can't Jump. I have really really tried hard to tolerate this particular game, but I just can't. I feel like this game just is aweful. I had more fun playing EA's One on One, Dr. J vs Larry Bird on my Radio Shack CoCo back in the mid 1980s. And the pixelated graphics from that mid 1980s game were still better than the White Men Can't Jump game on the Jaguar.

• Like 1

I estimate that about 45% of the Jaguar library is in the "mediocre to awful" range. Once you reach that crowded substratum of Jaguar badness, it gets really hard to pick out a single title as "the worst." WMCJ is as good a choice as any, and I'd also nominate one of the terrible 3D driving/racing games (Club Drive, Checkered Flag, Supercross 3D). It doesn't really matter which one; none of them have any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

The bad JagCD games are a whole other level of badness. Those games are at the bottom of the barrel that is underneath the barrel that the bad Jaguar cartridge games are at the bottom of.

• Like 5

Probably "Zoop."

I disagree. Zoop doesn't rank as highly as Tetris, of course, but it's a fun mid-90s puzzler, and the Jaguar version is better than most. The graphics are lower-resolution than the PC version, but I like the soundtrack better, and it's much smoother and more colorful than the Genesis and SNEZZZZ versions.
  • Like 5

Checkered Flag is an obvious candidate as mentioned, but there are soooo many to choose from, hard to pick just one. :lol:

Fight For Life

Kasumi Ninja - thought I liked this game, understood the input delay and defended it all these years, but tried playing it the other day... yikes! Yeah, it's terrible. If you don't get the timing of your button presses just right, they simply aren't recognized at all. My patience for shit games is at an all time low these days, so screw you Kasumi Ninja, goodbye! lol

White Men Can't Jump

Club Drive

Supercross 3D (the most playable compared to the 4 above IMO)

Highlander - epically bad mechanics cripples this overly ambitious (for the system) early 3D game.

Bruce Lee - fighting against yourself all_day_long. Whee! lol

Ruiner Pinball - absolutely awful mechanics/physics and choppy animation. Playfield too goofy and cartoony as well. Reminds me of something you'd see on the CD-i, only slightly more polished.

• Like 1

I saw a gameplay video of highlander by one of the guys from AVGN, it looked really bad.

Highlander is a CD game. If it had come out three years earlier (as it was probably meant to do), it could have been a contender.

My vote for worst Jag cartridge, something I don't want to own, let alone play, goes to Kasumi Ninja. I have a hard time enjoying GOOD side-fighting games.

Well being my whole catalog of Jag games numbers 11.

The only really bad game I have would be Kasumi Ninja...I am just not sure though if its the game or the controller for it that makes it suck though. If I could use a Genesis pad or SNEZZZ one that might make it seem better perhaps.

I guess I should get these then so I have worse games.

Worst title has to be checkered flag, club drive, bruce lee, DDV, or WMCJ.

Worst cart games I own:

Club drive
Supercross 3D

Games with some very slim quality but which I dislike owning:

Flip out!
Pinball dreams (5 balls what? it's 3 in pinball, and so much slower and badder game-play and music than the Amiga version I grew up to)

I somewhat like WMCJ finding it being charmingly bad, as with Kasumi. And I can live with that.

Worst cart games I own:

Club drive

Supercross 3D

Flip out!

Pinball dreams (5 balls what? it's 3 in pinball, and so much slower and badder game-play and music than the Amiga version I grew up to)

I somewhat like WMCJ finding it being charmingly bad, as with Kasumi. And I can live with that.

Back when I first owned a Jaguar in the 90's Club Drive was one of my favorites. I remember driving around the stunt track with all the ramps and seeing how long I could go without crashing.

• Like 1

For me it's a toss up between Supercross 3D, Fight For Life and Checkered Flag. I think I'd rather play WMCJ than either of those three, and that's really saying something.

(FFL is easily the best of those three, but I'm in agreement with NGN, it plays like crap).

• Like 1

I disagree. Zoop doesn't rank as highly as Tetris, of course, but it's a fun mid-90s puzzler, and the Jaguar version is better than most. The graphics are lower-resolution than the PC version, but I like the soundtrack better, and it's much smoother and more colorful than the Genesis and SNEZZZZ versions.

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

I guess you didn't really miss it though because he admitted to thinking the thread was about the literal titles of games. He should have rolled with it.

• Like 1

Probably "Zoop." Sounds like a term for zebra crap.

I'll tell you the worst game title ever though, "Black Hole Assault" for the Sega CD haha

Sega CD had some clunkers for sure.

One thing I will say about Black Hole Assault is that no matter bad how that game is the cover image kicks ass.

Cover painting was done by Roger Loveless.

yqnbtpmL_260816163458lola.jpg

• Like 2

Back when I first owned a Jaguar in the 90's Club Drive was one of my favorites. I remember driving around the stunt track with all the ramps and seeing how long I could go without crashing.

Club Drive was fun, in a let's-see-how-bad-we-can-break-the-physics sort of way.

Club Drive is like an ugly, unfinished prototype for San Francisco Rush 2049's Stunt Track. It's not "good," but because it contains a germ of a good idea, I can't fault it. If I had spent $69.99 for it when it was new, I would have been pants-on-fire angry about it.

• Like 3

Club Drive is like an ugly, unfinished prototype for San Francisco Rush 2049's Stunt Track. It's not "good," but because it contains a germ of a good idea, I can't fault it. If I had spent $69.99 for it when it was new, I would have been pants-on-fire angry about it.

To add though, it's 2016 and aside admitting it had a seminal idea later reused, I can't understand why I would want to spend more than a passing play with it.

There's recognizing the train is an evolution from horse carriages, and then there's forcing myself to a horse carriage trip across the country .... the second one is NOT an option.

• Like 1

While waiting around for someone to be the first to post something about Blackout, I'm going to say that I really like the music and graphics.

Flip out!

I hate everything about this game, but I agree with the claim that it isn't the worst on the Jag.

While waiting around for someone to be the first to post something about Blackout, I'm going to say that I really like the music and graphics.

I hate everything about this game, but I agree with the claim that it isn't the worst on the Jag.

All things said and done, Blackout has some redeeming qualities, and on top of that it's a first effort homebrew. Checkered Flag, on the other hand, doesn't. And it was a first party title.