IGNORED

Checkered Flag Contest!

JaguarGod

Checkered Flag Contest!

Hello fellow Jag fanatics. If anyone is interested, I think it’s time for a contest. This one involves everyone’s favorite Jag game, Checkered Flag! Lol! This will be a lap time contest. Please read below for the official rules that I totally made up and what the prizes available are.

Checkered Flag Lap Time Contest Rules

Just like the contests here on the Atariage High Score forums, this contest will be based on your best lap time. The track you will run will be Island Hop. You must use the Free Practice session under Sunny conditions. You can set your car up any way you like. I will not accept times achieved using emulation or versions of the game with the steering patch as I have been able to achieve better times with emulation and that would not be fair to those who suffer with the real version of the game! Only the original release please. There will be a prize for First (1st) and Second (2nd) place with first place choosing their prize and second place choosing from what is left. Winner chooses one item and runner up chooses one item. In the event of a tie, players will then have 2 days to achieve their best time on the Desert Pass track. In the case of a second round tie, I will determine the best way to move forward.

Making It Official

Remember to pause the game and take a picture before the session is over as the times will not be displayed after the session. You must post a picture that shows the entire TV and your lap time clearly. Also, please write your AtariAge nickname on a piece of paper that can be seen in the same picture. If there is no paper with your nickname on it in the picture with your best lap time, the lap time will not count. Sorry about this, but I don’t want someone to find some obscure pic and use it as their own. If something looks fishy, I will investigate this myself with helpful opinions from other AtariAge forum members though i don't anticipate any hijinks.

Contest Schedule

Round One at Island Hop: Starting today (October 1st, 2016 through 11:59 pm EST October 9th, 2016)

Round Two at Desert Pass (only if a tie occurs): Midnight October 10th, 2016 through 11:59 pm October 11th, 2016 EST

Contest Lap Time Information

Track: Island Hop (Desert Pass for round 2 if needed)

Session: Free Practice

Weather: Sun

Laps: As many as you want

Car Setup: Any way you like

Prizes

The first place finisher will get to choose one (1) of the Jaguar games listed below. After the winner chooses their game, the second place finisher will get to choose one (1) Jaguar game from the games left over after the winner chooses. These games will be mailed out at the first convenient time for me. I have no idea about sending these items to different countries (how long it takes or how much it will cost), but this contest is open to all AtariAge forum members. I will send the item using the cheapest means possible for me.

I will add pics of these prizes over the next few days. I might add to this list over the coming days also. But the prizes listed are definitely ready to go.

Double Dragon V (Complete in Box in fairly good shape)

Flashback (Complete in box in fairly good shape)

Fever Pitch (Has Box but no manual or white cartridge holder. Box is in just ok shape)

Zool 2 (Has box and manual, but no white cartridge holder. Box is in just ok shape)

FlipOut (Has box and manual, but no white cartridge holder. Box is in good shape)

Have Fun!

Current Lap Time Contest Results

1st Place: masematte - 25.7

2nd Place: LianneJaguar64 - 26.9

3rd Place: swapd0 - 36.1

Edited by JaguarGod
  • Like 5

Is there a limit to the number of submissions? Say I put one in tomorrow, and it gets beaten, can I go again and post another picture if I beat the time? Also do you want submissions here in the thread or PM'd?

You're welcome to do it as many times as you want. You can post the times here and feel free to PM them to me also. I will comb through and start tracking the lap times. I will post the times right after the contest has ended and "unofficially" announce the winners. Everyone will be able to look over the lap times and make sure I didn't miss a time. After I know it is correct, I will "officially" announce the winners and PM them with the info to choose their prizes.

Edited by JaguarGod

You're welcome to do it as many times as you want. You can post the times here and feel free to PM them to me also. I will comb through and start tracking the lap times. I will post the times right after the contest has ended and "unofficially" announce the winners. Everyone will be able to look over the lap times and make sure I didn't miss a time. After I know it is correct, I will "officially" announce the winners and PM them with the info to choose their prizes.

Excellent :) I have my eyes on the prize xD

I've been playing a few minutes ago (for the first time) and I don't understand why the controls are so bad, why they released such crap? Even with a faster framerate the game would be crap because the car doesn't turn quick enough.

For now my best time is 57 seconds, i didn't bother to take a pic XD

• Like 1