IGNORED

AT Games Intellivision Flashback 2 coming this fall..........

Thanks for the update Bill. It is much appreciated. However, any ballpark timeframe where we might expect an update as to whether talks have resumed to do an IFB2? Thanks and just let us know when you can as I am sure AtGames is still going through the figures from this year's releases.

Thanks for the update Bill. It is much appreciated. However, any ballpark timeframe where we might expect an update as to whether talks have resumed to do an IFB2? Thanks and just let us know when you can as I am sure AtGames is still going through the figures from this year's releases.

It's not in the current product plan for 2018, which is already pretty much set. That doesn't rule out a limited release later in the year, say on Amazon or something. We'll see, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 2

It's not in the current product plan for 2018, which is already pretty much set. That doesn't rule out a limited release later in the year, say on Amazon or something. We'll see, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Nothing for 2018. That is a bit of a bummer, but understandable as the Intellivision (and ColecoVision for that matter) are well known consoles, they don't have the degree of following and/or recognition as the Atari 2600 and/or Sega Genesis. Hopefully we do get to see an IFB2 sometime sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

If you're in the united states, intellivision flashbacks shouldn't be hard to find cheap. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249516-intellivision-flashback-controllers/?p=3917159

I live in Canada, they are off shelves here permanently. Finding them online is also pretty hard too, I refuse to have a used one and pay 150+ for something Atgames made. I know you guys down there can still find them for 10-20 bucks. It wasnt as popular here. These were Coleco territories. Which explains why I can still find those and nothin else.

Boy, I'd sure like to find a cheap one here in the US as well. New ones are going for around $200. Which, of course, I'll take a pass on.

I would check Facebook Marketplace and/or your local Craigslist to try and look for either the ColecoVision or Intellivision FB. I have one being advertised for $15 on Facebook Marketplace near my area, though I would have to have it shipped or make a special trip out to pick it up. Those people trying to scalp these devices for anything over the original retail price (except those signed by Keith Robinson and/or the Blue Sky Ranger edition) are nuts IMO.

Edited by Hwlngmad
  • Like 2

I live in Canada, they are off shelves here permanently. Finding them online is also pretty hard too, I refuse to have a used one and pay 150+ for something Atgames made. I know you guys down there can still find them for 10-20 bucks. It wasnt as popular here. These were Coleco territories. Which explains why I can still find those and nothin else.

My understanding was that Bed Bath and Beyond was the only Canadian retailer to sell these things and they sold out in a reasonably extended time; easy to get for anyone that wanted one. ToysRus Canada did not carry them. So not huge amount were brought into Canada to begin with. Unfortunately you're right about the secondary market in Canada being a little thin on Intellivision Flashbacks. And more and more US sellers on ebay are not shipping to Canada. Keep in mind if you buy new on the secondary market it is untested.

Coleco vision flashbacks being more available in Canada could be a sign that Intellivision Flashbacks are more popular; assuming similar numbers were brought into Canada. Coleco did have a large manufacturing facility in Montreal; maybe there were some coleco territories in Canada. Coleco vision was the hot system in 1983; I didn't personally know anyone that had one but I knew a couple of kids that had Intellivisions. These were expensive toys.

Maybe Bill L. can offer some insight into Intellivision and coleco vision Flashback sales comparisons. Which one had more made, which one had more sales?

Maybe Bill L. can offer some insight into Intellivision and coleco vision Flashback sales comparisons. Which one had more made, which one had more sales?

Last I was told they were produced in the same numbers and sold roughly the same. The problem was was that retailers expected more sales than actually happened, so they were overproduced in response, which is why neither has been continued to date. Retailers are not interested in what they see as underperforming products. I do see both products being attempted again at some point, however, although I would suspect that would be the last time if the numbers don't work out again.

• Like 3

Last I was told they were produced in the same numbers and sold roughly the same. The problem was was that retailers expected more sales than actually happened, so they were overproduced in response, which is why neither has been continued to date. Retailers are not interested in what they see as underperforming products. I do see both products being attempted again at some point, however, although I would suspect that would be the last time if the numbers don't work out again.

I can vouch for this on a micro level. I saw ColecoVision and Intellivision units in various locals in and around the Oklahoma City metro area for a long time after they were initially produced (up until 2016 if I remember correctly). It would be nice if another run were produced, but at the same time it is hard to produce something if there is not a ton of demand for them, either.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229980-colecovision-flashback-2-wish-list-ideas/

From September 20th, 2014...

Going along with today's post over at the Intellivison/Aquarius forum by intvsteve, "This may be premature, but let's go forward with the assumption that the flashback is successful enough to merit one or more sequels. What would you have on such a wish list? Some things are obvious, but let's enumerate them anyway."

Starting off, again, to me these games are almost an absolute must for its hopefully more than possible sequel so the numbers will work out...

Burgertime

Carnival

Congo Bongo

Front Line

Gorf

Lady Bug

Looping

Mouse Trap

Mr. Do!

Roc 'n Rope

Turbo

Root Beer Tapper

Slither

Spy Hunter

SubRoc

Victory

:cool:

Going along with today's post over at the Intellivison/Aquarius forum by intvsteve, "This may be premature, but let's go forward with the assumption that the flashback is successful enough to merit one or more sequels. What would you have on such a wish list? Some things are obvious, but let's enumerate them anyway."

Starting off, again, to me these games are almost an absolute must for its hopefully more than possible sequel...

Burgertime

Carnival

Congo Bongo

Front Line

Gorf

Lady Bug

Looping

Mouse Trap

Mr. Do!

Roc 'n Rope

Turbo

Root Beer Tapper

Slither

Spy Hunter

SubRoc

Victory

:cool:

Perhaps AtGames should consider consolidating the two, given the similarity of the controllers.

Could even have a screw-on joystick into the center-disc, allowing one controller to be a reasonable double for both styles of keypad controllers. I don't see the 8 versus 16 direction thing as much of an issue and if it is, many Intellivision games play just fine with 8 directions anyways.

One hopefully more marketable product instead of two, although if many of their customers the last time around bought both a Colecovision and an Intellivision Flashback, it rather breaks the idea. But I imagine many folks just bought the one that they had the most memories of.

Edited by Atariboy

There are intellivision games that have been programmed with only two, four, or eight directions. I find those programmed with four directions play better with an intellivision pad than an 8-way joystick. There is one game, Snafu with diagonals, that plays better with an 8-way pad. A game like Auto Racing is surprisingly okay with an 8-way pad, but not a joystick. I couldn't play games like intellivision soccer or hockey for example with any 8-way controller. Even arcade games like intellivision Commando and Bumpnjump have an advantage with 16 directions. [screw-on joysticks on a thumb pad never worked well.]

From a marketing point of view, I don't know if combining these systems is a good idea.

Edited by mr_me

We've entertained the idea of a combined SKU, but, as was pointed out, there are several issues with the concept. I think ultimately it's best just to make the best possible stand-alone SKUs. Either way, I will say that the idea to revisit both in the future is definitely not dead, and to certainly address the issues with the first versions (incompatible controllers, no HD, etc.).

• Like 3

We've entertained the idea of a combined SKU, but, as was pointed out, there are several issues with the concept. I think ultimately it's best just to make the best possible stand-alone SKUs. Either way, I will say that the idea to revisit both in the future is definitely not dead, and to certainly address the issues with the first versions (incompatible controllers, no HD, etc.).

Glad to see that the idea of a IFB2 (or even a CVFB2) is not dead. Definitely a sequel would be production worthy, but obviously not to the level of the Sega FB and/or Atari FB units.

They were in Bed Bath and beyond, Toys r us and HMV. You can still find the crappy colecos though

My understanding was that Bed Bath and Beyond was the only Canadian retailer to sell these things and they sold out in a reasonably extended time; easy to get for anyone that wanted one. ToysRus Canada did not carry them. So not huge amount were brought into Canada to begin with. Unfortunately you're right about the secondary market in Canada being a little thin on Intellivision Flashbacks. And more and more US sellers on ebay are not shipping to Canada. Keep in mind if you buy new on the secondary market it is untested.

Coleco vision flashbacks being more available in Canada could be a sign that Intellivision Flashbacks are more popular; assuming similar numbers were brought into Canada. Coleco did have a large manufacturing facility in Montreal; maybe there were some coleco territories in Canada. Coleco vision was the hot system in 1983; I didn't personally know anyone that had one but I knew a couple of kids that had Intellivisions. These were expensive toys.

SEVERAL ISSUES WITH THE CONCEPT? With what exactly? Putting the 2 together? As far as I'm concerned Atgames can barely put 1 together. Im so sick of them shitting on retro. Everything they do other than the Atari completely f@#$$&ing sucks hard ass. And the Atari they make still kind of sucks but is the best thing they make. I would rather have Atgames out of business. The only reason I want the intellivision Fb is because I only play 3 games on intellivision, 2 of which arent on the flashback, Nightstalker is the only game on there I would play.

Tell me Bill, why the hell are they so shit? It makes zero sense, they ship out broken shitty and mostly unplayable consoles, why cant these idiots put 1 good package together.

Its 2018, that Sega Genesis should be f#@$ing perfect by now and it isnt. Barely playable. Its a steaming pile of shit that should have been lost at sea. Same goes for the Colecovision, my 2 favorite consoles of all time, ruined by Atgames. They wonder why they didnt sell? Maybe it was the negative reviews clear across the board.

If you have direct contact and or are employed by them has anyone ever stopped to say "Hey, this is shit."??? Or they do they get released knowingly as being complete shit. I gotta know because Atari flashback 2 was physically the best console, dont know if they made it or not but all the ones after it, though passable, are still shit. Atgames needs to change their name to AssGames.

Surprisingly though, the intellivision Flashback was the best reviewed one when it came to quality of the system and controllers and of course thats the one I cant find. But there are sub par Atari 8's everywhere. Which I own and no surprise am slightly disappointed with it.

Drop wireless controllers permanently for Atari and Sega,the words shit and garbage doesnt even to begin to decribe them. I did however enjoy the 8's wired controllers. Much better than all the others except AFB2.

• Like 1

SEVERAL ISSUES WITH THE CONCEPT? With what exactly? Putting the 2 together? As far as I'm concerned Atgames can barely put 1 together. Im so sick of them shitting on retro. Everything they do other than the Atari completely f@#$$&ing sucks hard ass. And the Atari they make still kind of sucks but is the best thing they make. I would rather have Atgames out of business. The only reason I want the intellivision Fb is because I only play 3 games on intellivision, 2 of which arent on the flashback, Nightstalker is the only game on there I would play.

Tell me Bill, why the hell are they so shit? It makes zero sense, they ship out broken shitty and mostly unplayable consoles, why cant these idiots put 1 good package together.

Its 2018, that Sega Genesis should be f#@$ing perfect by now and it isnt. Barely playable. Its a steaming pile of shit that should have been lost at sea. Same goes for the Colecovision, my 2 favorite consoles of all time, ruined by Atgames. They wonder why they didnt sell? Maybe it was the negative reviews clear across the board.

If you have direct contact and or are employed by them has anyone ever stopped to say "Hey, this is shit."??? Or they do they get released knowingly as being complete shit. I gotta know because Atari flashback 2 was physically the best console, dont know if they made it or not but all the ones after it, though passable, are still shit. Atgames needs to change their name to AssGames.

Surprisingly though, the intellivision Flashback was the best reviewed one when it came to quality of the system and controllers and of course thats the one I cant find. But there are sub par Atari 8's everywhere. Which I own and no surprise am slightly disappointed with it.

Drop wireless controllers permanently for Atari and Sega,the words shit and garbage doesnt even to begin to decribe them. I did however enjoy the 8's wired controllers. Much better than all the others except AFB2.

In the future, please don't hold back and tell me how you really feel. Just a note that the wired controllers haven't really changed since the Flashback 3. The Flashback 2 and 1 were done by a different company.

Look, I completely understand there have been many missteps over the years, but these products are at least good enough for the target mass market audience since they keep on buying them. And there have been notable improvements over the past few years, with another notable leap in form and functionality coming for 2018. While I can understand how from the outside it's like "why can't they get it perfect already?", it's really not that straightforward. I don't expect anyone from the outside to understand some of the factors at play here (I certainly couldn't until I started working with them), but they are genuinely trying to constantly improve within obvious financial considerations. Eventually, since they'll continue to keep at it, they may even win over people such as yourself.

• Like 3

As much as I love the Colecovision, and am extremely biased towards it. That flashback should have stayed an idea. And then that idea should have somehow made it's way to people more qualified who wouldn't butcher a legendary machine. I would rather have had nothing than have Atgames ruin Coleco.

As much as I love the Colecovision, and am extremely biased towards it. That flashback should have stayed an idea. And then that idea should have somehow made it's way to people more qualified who wouldn't butcher a legendary machine. I would rather have had nothing than have Atgames ruin Coleco.

I have to respectively disagree. Having something is better than nothing. True, the CVFB was done in by some bad controllers, but the game selection was pretty solid. I am with you in that AtGames needs to step up the quality of the consoles and controllers. If you compare the SNES Classic with the Genesis HD, it is like comparing apples to oranges. Both may be fruits, but Nintendo (aside from having too few games) has the FB concept down pat. However, like Bill stated, there are a lot of factors that go into a product and there is only so much money you have at one's disposal. I am very hopeful that AtGames can step up and deliver better products. The HD systems were much better than what has been produced in the past, and I am sure they are well aware of the growing competition in the Retro Gaming scene. However, digressing back to my original comment, having something as opposed to nothing is always better IMO.

In the future, please don't hold back and tell me how you really feel. Just a note that the wired controllers haven't really changed since the Flashback 3. The Flashback 2 and 1 were done by a different company.

Look, I completely understand there have been many missteps over the years, but these products are at least good enough for the target mass market audience since they keep on buying them. And there have been notable improvements over the past few years, with another notable leap in form and functionality coming for 2018. While I can understand how from the outside it's like "why can't they get it perfect already?", it's really not that straightforward. I don't expect anyone from the outside to understand some of the factors at play here (I certainly couldn't until I started working with them), but they are genuinely trying to constantly improve within obvious financial considerations. Eventually, since they'll continue to keep at it, they may even win over people such as yourself.

I want them to win. I want nothing more than for them to win. Because I win. We all win. When I heard Coleco was coming back I nearly lost my shit. I was so pumped, cant remember when I was that excited since PS2 was released, after experiencing 1 of course. But then I noticed who was making this comeback possible, or at the very least helping in it. Atgames. My heart sank a little but I had faith with how strongly I felt about the brand. I called every where, tracked it down, got it. So excited to play. I raced home, which in a Challnger really gives new meaning to the expression. Took it home, plugged it in. And should have known from the first boot up and black screen, then boot up second time with garbled menu and then garbled gameplay in pepper 2 after it was working on 3rd attempt, I was LIVID.

I should have flippin known it would be the case. I went against everything and thought maybe its the console, returned for another. Same shit. Except it did boot up first try but then pulled theexact same crap every other 5 or 6th power up. I even bought a second from HMV a year later hoping it was a batch issue. Nope. Garbage.

Do you know why these things keep selling? I know for me, my family knows I love videogames. So it's always a stocking stuffer or an actual gift. They think i'd love it. I don't want to be rude, so i accept the gift with a smile. I always do try em out. And they are always SHIT. I appreciate the thought, always do. But really hate these damn things. I can't escape them.

First Genesis I played wouldnt allow me to finish Mortal Kombat 1; that was a gift btw no surprise, would glitch and restart at goro. Sonic? Thats a flagship game, theres no reason it should run like crap. NONE. Does the NES classic or SNES classic run like crap? No because they are F@#$ING FLAWLESS. If it only takes $30 more for perfection then thats what it takes. If these pieces of putrid shit sell anyway, imagine how they'll sell when they aren't pieces of shit. I'll actually be happy to get them as gifts when my out of touch anunts and uncles get em for me. I would probably actually even buy them launch day.

There would be more hype surrounding these things if they were actually good. Which in turn would sell more. Alot of people are indeed avoiding these because of the name on the box which cannot be trusted and has proved it time abd time again. It is taking everything for me to not go to the store right now and get the new Genesis because I love the model 1. But I've seen the reviews first hand. I've seen it in action. It is unfortunately and unsurprisingly trash. I would be going against everything to give more money to people I vowed I wouldn't give to EVER again.

But I can't help it. Its an attractive package because there is nothing else like it right now and Im a massive fan of Shining Force 1&2. But it isn't good. And everyone knows it isn't good. They got it for christmas, played it for an hour and never touched it again.

When I do inevitably hand over my money, it will only be for the case, because Im putting a raspberry Pi in it. And that would be cool. As is. It's junk. And the fact that you say "some missteps" I find extremely insulting because you know damn well they are cool in concept but absolutely shit in their delivery. With the age we live in, and how old these things are. There is no excuse for these piss poor excuses of a console. Bed Bath and Beyond is a fitting location to sell them in. I was stunned when I saw them in Walmart and Ebgames. Moving on up in the world but not stepping up the product.

Missteps is the biggest understatement. Atari flashbacks are passable, which is pathetic. The portable 2600 however I was pleased with. Very much so. Surprisingly. That portable is the best thing you have released, atleast functionally. It feels like it could be an actual Atari portable made by Atari. It always works. It never glitches. The buttons are sturdy and won't break after an hour or 2 or become unresponsive. So good job

From what I hear the Intellivision was superb in comparison to everything else ever made by you. Which makes no sense because the coleco was beyond a disappointment. And now the newest most expensive console ever made by you is still trash.

I find your promise of what's to come in 2018 to be shallow and yet extraordinarily irrelevant. As I doubt these consoles which can barely do their jobs and feel like they were made by sweatshop north koreans will be winning me over anytime soon. The functionality is just not there. You need to invest more. Take the risks, except it's not so much of a risk because you already know these are going to sell.

They would sell far more if you were able to win the purists over like Nintendo has. But in order to do that, it needs to run perfectly. Not have shit wireless controllers that break and need to be dead centre in front of the console to work. F#@$$ that shit. Proper controllers would be a start. I get it you want to use flimsy ass plastics as the housing. Cool. But at the very least deliver internals that can play games that are 30 years old or more without breaking the experience. These aren't missteps. These are our favorite games being ruined and people still continuing to profit off of it. I can't even give these f@$#ing things away.

Thats what you need to understand. Youve been in this game way too long to constantly deliver these shit chinese sweatshop consoles that border a very fine line between working and unplayability. There is no one and I swear to you, no one else who wants you to succeed more than me. I keep hoping you prove me wrong. But you constantly never fail to disappoint.

So much so, I would love to see Atgames crushed beyond repair and exhiled to a remote place where people who belive their own bullshit can enjoy them for themselves. It's honestly criminal at this point how you have been allowed to constantly release garbage. There should be a class action lawsuit against you by the people who hire Atgames to have their reputations tarnished. That flashback nearly ruined a comeback which looks set to die out once again. Coleco would have been in a much better place if that thing actually looked and worked the way it was supposed to. But that was never intended. What was intended was to make another giant piece of shit for 3 bucks a pop and sell it at 50 an make a killing. Thats been your game up until now and it isn't changing for 2018. You're being lied to if thats what you believe

Just like when the Genesis model 1's went out for review and got fisted and torn apart by everyone who reviewed it. Atgames says those units were faulty and not represented as the final build quality. Is that so? Ya don't say! Reviews for these new final builds?............... Exactly the same. These new reviewers had the exact same issues with these apparent faulty units that were first reviewed. So to top it all off your company as a whole are liars. You blatantly lied right to us all promising this Genesis would be good. Reaks of the same shit Genesis I was gifted a couple years ago except it now comes in a model 1 case with slightly better sound but same broken controls, console, and most importantly.....gameplay.

It pains me to have done this to you Bill, it really does. You seem like a nice guy, and I've been watching in the shadows, you're a respected member of this community and nothing I have said is representative of what I think of you, but Atgames needs to seriously step up their game or get the f!@$# out of the industry.

I want you to win me over. I've given every opportunity and will give countless more, but have guaranteed my self Atgames will fail me as many times as these things keep getting released. I've been hoping all along from the beginning to be impressed only to be letdown. 2018 will be no different .

Don't kid yourselves.

Ps. No wonder Atari FB2 was the best one, you didn't make it. It all makes sense now.

• Like 1